Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The causal link between artificial surfaces and injuries has not been established.  

If you're now reduced to observing that some players sometimes get some injuries on some surfaces, I can but agree though.

Yeah, I know, but thanks anyway.

You're still having trouble with comprehension in the second bit, though: deteriorating artificial surfaces contribute to some injuries in some players... And the earth is probably round.

Any view on the scandalous opinion that they're shite for football?

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Yeah, I know, but thanks anyway.

You're still having trouble with comprehension in the second bit, though: deteriorating artificial surfaces contribute to some injuries in some players... And the earth is probably round.

Any view on the scandalous opinion that they're shite for football?

Is there evidence you've seen that suggests more injuries happen late in the lives of surfaces then?  I've not yet seen it.

I think that they make little difference to the shiteness or otherwise of the football they permit.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Alloa survived in the championship last season and a huge reason for that was we had an injury free season.Injuries happen regardless of the surface and until Scottish football throws money at grass pitches at the same level as other leagues mentioned do the argument that artificial pitches cause injury is lazy rubbish.

^^^^^^
Lazy rubbish.

The lazy rubbish is coming out with claims that plastic pitches cause injuries without anything to back it up.

Lost 1-0 to Forfar in a friendly...
Where's that virginton fanny ? Your boys took a hellava....etc etc

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

You f**k up, cat boy...

Agreed.

Oh you win, no-one could stand up your rapier wit and repartee.

Fuckin state of it.

13 hours ago, cappiecat said:

Oh you win, no-one could stand up your rapier wit and repartee.

Fuckin state of it.

😄 You missed out "irony".

I think I can see why. 

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄 You missed out "irony".

I think I can see why. 

In what way is a lame 'joke' based on a username irony?

You lecturing anyone about irony however...

Edited by cappiecat

5 hours ago, cappiecat said:

In what way is a lame 'joke' based on a username irony?

You lecturing anyone about irony however...

^^^ yup, hasn't a clue. 

Before his knee injury I genuinely thought he was going to reach top end premiership, never the same after the injury l.

It’s obviously a gamble with his injury record and only playing 10 games last season, but even at that it’s less of a gamble than some of the centre backs we’ve had on trial. I’d rather take a shot on a player who was good enough for this level before his injuries than resort to someone who was never good enough and just got punted by Brechin after two successive relegations.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It’s obviously a gamble with his injury record and only playing 10 games last season, but even at that it’s less of a gamble than some of the centre backs we’ve had on trial. I’d rather take a shot on a player who was good enough for this level before his injuries than resort to someone who was never good enough and just got punted by Brechin after two successive relegations.

Aye agreed. I'm sure we have put him through a medical, the same one which highlighted Waddells injury so hopefully he is fit to play straight away. 

Curious to know if it was injuries or form which prevented him from playing too much last season. 

Happy to take the slight gamble as you say! 

Good luck to Peter Grant. Genuinely thought he was going onto big things before his injury but just never came back the same player. Still young though and if a run of games gets him back to anywhere near his old form he will be a cracking signing for Morton.