The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

31 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

The pair of you are utter weirdos tbh

How dare you.  

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

In the Evening Tele that Kerr Waddell is training with you this week

Set to sign tomorrow apparently. 

Set to sign tomorrow apparently. 

Bit of a U-Turn from what I’ve heard, but wish him all the best. Good lad and hope he kicks on

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Lee kilday what can we expect from him? signed for Queens today. 

Very decent signing if he's over his ankle injury . That hampered him last season.

But I've a feeling if he gets a good pre-season he could be back to his best

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Wee touch of class about him, but injuries look to have caught up with him at a pretty young age. Would fear for him a bit playing on an artificial surface every other week.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

p.s. to say I don’t agree with Colkitto... you might get lucky, of course, but we let Kilday go for a reason... and we currently have zero centre-halves...

Yes and we're also currently chasing after a worse centre back who couldn't get a game ahead of him in the second half of last season; it's almost as if we're making a royal c**t of this transfer window. 

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Wee touch of class about him, but injuries look to have caught up with him at a pretty young age. Would fear for him a bit playing on an artificial surface every other week.

Artificial surfaces don't cause injuries - as proven by countless scientific studies on the topic - but congrats on finally completing the full 'football da' bingo card of nonsense takes. 

58 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Clearances falling to the opposition, the occasional calamity and 6 months of excellent form in 4 or so years.

Apart from that he's an absolutely bang average defender at this level.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He was really solid at this level a couple of seasons ago, knocked back a move to Hamilton to stay with us, but as others have said injuries have taken their toll. Still a good player in there though, susceptible to a few braindead errors but so are most defenders at this level. He should do well for you.  

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Started at Morton as a right back which was pretty horrible in League 1. Surprised many when re-signed for the Championship but had a strong period in central defence before his injury. As has previously been said, Hamilton tried to take him back but he decided to stay. Seemed really respected by the rest of the squad when he was captain.

He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury but then again most of our defence has been shocking during that period. Prone to the calamitous but so are most or they wouldn't be at this level.

If he gets back to his best and fully recovers from his injuries it's a good signing for you. A strong partner will help.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Artificial surfaces don't cause injuries - as proven by countless scientific studies on the topic - but congrats on finally completing the full 'football da' bingo card of nonsense takes. 

More pounshhop PhD pish from the numpty who has only played subbuteo. If you are in wrong position, and need to move quickly, an artificial surface does not give way like turf and distributes force to your knees. If Bonucci Kilday has a dodgy knee he will be affected. 

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

More pounshhop PhD pish from the numpty who has only played subbuteo.

^^^ second bottle of Grants, thumping the keyboard with hairy fists

If you are in wrong position, and need to move quickly, an artificial surface does not give way like turf and distributes force to your knees. If Bonucci Kilday has a dodgy knee he will be affected. 

Unfortunately for you countless scientific studies have in fact failed to support that theory. Not least because modern, 4G artificial surfaces are in fact designed to give way like a reasonable grass surface - never mind the ploughed fields that professional footballers end up playing on by March of a Scottish league campaign. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Yes and we're also currently chasing after a worse centre back who couldn't get a game ahead of him in the second half of last season; it's almost as if we're making a royal c**t of this transfer window. 

That’s my point, Bishop. We’ve let Kilday go for a reason... and that reason is most definitely not that we’ve got a queue of better players in his position.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I didn’t say ‘artificial surfaces cause injuries’. Only a fool would say something as general as that.

What I said was that I’d be ‘concerned’ (not too much tbh) about the effect of the relatively poor surfaces we have in Scotland on a player with Kilday’s injury history... but let’s wait and see, eh? (same goes for Tidser at Grangemouth, btw).

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ second bottle of Grants, thumping the keyboard with hairy fists

Unfortunately for you countless scientific studies have in fact failed to support that theory. Not least because modern, 4G artificial surfaces are in fact designed to give way like a reasonable grass surface - never mind the ploughed fields that professional footballers end up playing on by March of a Scottish league campaign. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Cite your sources Doc. Even a Poundshop PhD paper would require you to evidence your assertions. 

Have you bought your "I luv Hoppy", t-shirt yet? 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That’s my point, Bishop. We’ve let Kilday go for a reason... and that reason is most definitely not that we’ve got a queue of better players in his position.

The reason for letting KIlday go seems to be financial rather than on playing ability, seeing as we've failed to find a better option in the market and are sniffing around a bench-warmer from last season's side.

I didn’t say ‘artificial surfaces cause injuries’. Only a fool would say something as general as that.

What I said was that I’d be ‘concerned’ (not too much tbh) about the effect of the relatively poor surfaces we have in Scotland on a player with Kilday’s injury history... but let’s wait and see, eh? (same goes for Tidser at Grangemouth, btw).

Erm no, you actually said that you'd be concerned about 'playing on an artificial surface every other week' - not 'playing on a poor Scottish league football surface every other week'. Which he'd be doing anyway playing for any team at Championship level. 

Throw in the fact that Kilday was of course training on an artificial surface every day at Parklea for several years and the idea that the type of surface will have any impact on this signing is a total red herring. 

And Dick Byrne isn't a bishop either.