Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Can't remember the last time we had so many forward players!  Cadden is another good signing :thumsup2 

Has Jacobs snaked us and gone elsewhere? Seen no mention of him officially signing apart from the PCA. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Has Jacobs snaked us and gone elsewhere? Seen no mention of him officially signing apart from the PCA. 

Think he's on holiday...that's why he signed a PCA till he gets back 

8 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Surely the signing of the PCA is enough?

I'm not sure how he was at Ayr last year but based on his Livi performances that's a good signing. With him, Nesbit and Orsi plus Salkeld it's definitely more wide players than we've had in a long time. It has me thinking Hopkin might be looking to play a 442 or 4411 ?

Competent central defenders now please Davie.

47 minutes ago, madton said:

Surely the signing of the PCA is enough?

Players can walk from them if they like. The fact he's not on our official site but every other new signing since his PCA announcement is on there would suggest it's not completed yet. 

Also, looks like Mark Farrell (fitness guy) is away. No longer on the site. 

Awaits Derek Gaston crying that the guy never got a big send off.

Players can walk from them if they like. The fact he's not on our official site but every other new signing since his PCA announcement is on there would suggest it's not completed yet. 

Or it would suggest he hasn't been in to Cappielow to get his photo taken to be added to the squad page, which isn't overly surprising if all the formalities were done when he signed the PCA.

More than likely get done on the first day of pre-season training.

Still very rare for players to renege on a PCA, especially one signed just a week before he could have signed officially.

57 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Calm doon mate, Jacobs knows if he fucks big hoppy about the ginger king will crush his skull with his own bare hands.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Good luck with Cadden btw :D Shite 95% of the time 

After a wee frenzy of new signings things have calmed down again.  Wonder if the next batch of arrivals will be loan players? 

Do you guys have any black players in recent seasons who would come under the "unit" category?

I can't think off the top of my head only maybe Quitongo?

Got told a player of this description training but sounds like shite.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Got told a player of this description training but sounds like shite.

We had a big guy in the development squad called Daniel Martins. He was released in December. He could match the description. 

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Do you guys have any black players in recent seasons who would come under the "unit" category?

I can't think off the top of my head only maybe Quitongo?

Quitongo is a moon-unit!

Quitongo was pretty ripped when he took his top off, but more of a moon unit than a “unit” as his behaviour and attitude proved.

We had Kudus Oyenuga a couple of seasons back and he LOOKED like he should’ve been a unit, but on the field he had the physical presence of a moth. The high point for him came towards the end of his single season with us when he came off the bench at Falkirk and scored the winning goal. The game was live on BBC Alba and at the end they interviewed him along with another Morton player, maybe big Lamie or Tam O’Ware. The guy who’d played the full 90 minutes was breathing normally and looked quite fresh but Kudus, who’d been on for just 15 or 20 minutes max, was blowing out his arse.

edited to add - someone posted on the Morton board last week that Kudus had  just signed for an English team, so I doubt it was him at Stenny.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

We had a big guy in the development squad called Daniel Martins. He was released in December. He could match the description. 

That probably sounds about right. I was thinking low key player as our budget seems non existent.

19 hours ago, Colkitto said:

After a wee frenzy of new signings things have calmed down again.  Wonder if the next batch of arrivals will be loan players? 

Fully expected us to add a few late in the window, but tad concerned that we still have no centre backs with only a couple of weeks to our first cup game. The couple of guys  mentioned on trial doesn't exactly encourage you to go out and buy a season ticket, albeit, only 2 names of the apparent 6 on trial are out. Might be harsh but if guys are accepting trials,  they can't exactly be in demand.

Would have expected at least 2 CBs to be signed by now to at least work on defensive shape, work on partnerships etc etc. No point in having a decent looking attacking threat if we are piss poor at the back. I'm sure Hopkin is doing all he can but it is a bit frustrating. He always had a solid defensive unit at Livvy so confident he will get it right.

If/When we do add some decent CBs, the squad is looking ok to get through the cup games and hopefully we can pick up one or two good loans later on with another striker still a priority.