Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gats heading to Dumbarton or even back to Albion. However I'm sure the likes of Arbroath or Alloa would be quite keen to pick him up also. A solid keeper (prone to the odd bit of madness) but has won us more points than I'd like to remember.
The difference between ourselves and the likes of Arbroath and Alloa is that we have a number 1 slot he can make his own without much competition. I suppose it depends whether he fancies guaranteed first team football or a better wage at a club where he will likely start off as a number 2.

I've no idea about the goalkeeping situation at Falkirk or Raith but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them taking a punt on him.

Leaving:  Iredale. Gaston. Oliver. McKeown. Johnstone. Armour. Telfer. Kilday.

Offers made to: Tidser. Strapp. McHugh. Thomson.

Also waiting on answers from Millar, McAlister, Buchanan and Tumilty.

Bit sad to see Telfer go, but probably didn't do enough over the season. Kilday just never properly recovered from his injury, but with a good pre-season he could get back to his best? Not fussed about the rest.

Thomson will raise a few eyebrows as he just hasn't performed since we signed him. If Hoppy can get the player Dumbarton had (where he scored 13 goals in one season) then I'd be happy enough. Has injury hampered him? He's now had an op so who knows?

McHugh hasn't been played in the right position for us. He's a penalty box striker and if you get the ball to him in there he'll score.

I'm fine with those who have contracts triggered. Hope they all agree to come back again for this season. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll just send a wee dingy across for these 4.

Iredale already signed for Carlisle and don't see Oliver going PT. Gaston though, if he is still wanting to do his Time Capsule job then Dumbarton would surely be perfect

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll just send a wee dingy across for these 4.

3 - Iredale is off to Carlisle 

1 minute ago, KabbaCharming said:

Iredale already signed for Carlisle and don't see Oliver going PT. Gaston though, if he is still wanting to do his Time Capsule job then Dumbarton would surely be perfect

We'll take McKeown then.  Has Oliver ever fancied a job on the railways?  Good money to be made. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll take McKeown then.  Has Oliver ever fancied a job on the railways?  Good money to be made. 

What's happening with Loy? Has he given up altogether?

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What's happening with Loy? Has he given up altogether?

Injured on the 15th of September and never seen again. Rumours suggesting his back is fucked and his footballing career could be over.

Wouldn't be surprised if Oliver ended up PT - he's not very good. Had a promising start with us but he really should've produced more in the past 18 months or so. 

Somewhat sad to see Kilday gone. I don't ever doubt his effort, but he just never looked the same after his injury and releasing him is the correct call.

With him and Gaston gone I think everyone who were here at the start of Duffy's time with us now left the club. 

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Injured on the 15th of September and never seen again. Rumours suggesting his back is fucked and his footballing career could be over.

Surely didn’t injure it on the railways :huh:

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Surely didn’t injure it on the railways :huh:

Nope, during our match with Montrose. He's been working on the railways without issue.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nope, during our match with Montrose. He's been working on the railways without issue.

A shame if his career is over, really nice guy. 

Genuinely  gutted his second spell with us went tits up.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's a shame, was a very good player for us in his day.

No great surprises but would have kept Telfer if Hoppy could improve his fitness. Maybe cash an issue.

Best wishes to Kilday. Oliver dived to much when in reasonable positions cheerio!

Yes it's now about who we bring in.

Why are they offering Thomson a new contract? He is utter pish, and that’s being nice to him.

Telfer for Thomson and I'd have been pleased with that so far. Have to imagine that Hopkin thinks he can get more out of the tall guy with a half-decent touch, but I'm not convinced. Expect the signings to come might see one or two (or five or six) physical boys coming in.

Sad to see Kilday gone, but it's probably right: wee touch of class about him, but physically on the way down at a fairly young age. Not entirely convinced we will do better, but let's see.

What I am convinced about is that Gaston, Kilday, and Oliver riding the f**k out of Fa'kirk in Dumbarton* taps** would be absolutely fuckin glorious. Make that happen, Duff.

Spoiler

* We wouldn't even have to do the portmanteau thing combine two words... DumbarTON... beautiful in its own way.

** For any Fa'kirk fans looking in, Dumbarton will be wearing the Dumbarton taps, not your lot attempting some kind of cunning disguise after this season's utter humiliation. Not a bad idea, though...

6 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Telfer for Thomson and I'd have been pleased with that so far. Have to imagine that Hopkin thinks he can get more out of the tall guy with a half-decent touch, but I'm not convinced. Expect the signings to come might see one or two (or five or six) physical boys coming in.

Sad to see Kilday gone, but it's probably right: wee touch of class about him, but physically on the way down at a fairly young age. Not entirely convinced we will do better, but let's see.

What I am convinced about is that Gaston, Kilday, and Oliver riding the f**k out of Fa'kirk in Dumbarton* taps** would be absolutely fuckin glorious. Make that happen, Duff.

Hide contents

* We wouldn't even have to do the portmanteau thing combine two words... DumbarTON... beautiful in its own way.

** For any Fa'kirk fans looking in, Dumbarton will be wearing the Dumbarton taps, not your lot attempting some kind of cunning disguise after this season's utter humiliation. Not a bad idea, though...

That post was brutal, mate.

12 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Reveal hidden contents

Eh?