Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

11 hours ago, madton said:

Players not meeting Hopkin until Monday.

Gonna be a big week next week then.

The timing of McKinnon’s departure last September, or more precisely the horrible way that it was done, robbed the club of what little forward momentum had been built up and left Morton looking and feeling dead in the water; we struggled to catch up for the rest of the season - and it could be convincingly argued that we never did.

With a new management team and a new chief executive in place things at last are looking up again. And if those three can somehow make it attractive enough to persuade Tidser to sign up again then they will be off to a flyer.

Tids was always an important player for us, but getting him to stay at Cappielow would be more than just a very good addition to the squad. It would be a real statement of intent to help consign what happened, and what was said, last season to the history books.

I reckon Hopkin is a good manager at this level.  Wasted on a shit club like Morten.

I reckon Hopkin is a good manager at this level.  Wasted on a shit club like Morten.
^^^^^
Annoyed because Dundee hate us more than his own insignificant rabble.

Granny Danger really desperate for attention these days. Anger must be building. Square gos getting offered soon.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^pish-stained and senile

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

^^^^^
Annoyed because Dundee hate us more than his own insignificant rabble.

Also must piss Granny Danger that Dundee is the bigger club in the city.

Ach to be fair I think he's just struggling to work up his anger levels ready for the likely return of the Dundee derbies next year

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Did the beast get him?

Aye

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

Where heading? 

Dunno…  

Looks like the MCT guy doesn't know how a Q&A session works over on the Morton Forum. :lol:

To be fair, he doesn't seem to know much about anything. :thumbsdown

19 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Where heading? 

Hopefully just across the water to meet with his old pal Jim and his glove supplier Jamie.

Hopefully just across the water to meet with his old pal Jim and his glove supplier Jamie.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gats heading to Dumbarton or even back to Albion. However I'm sure the likes of Arbroath or Alloa would be quite keen to pick him up also. A solid keeper (prone to the odd bit of madness) but has won us more points than I'd like to remember.

7 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gats heading to Dumbarton or even back to Albion. However I'm sure the likes of Arbroath or Alloa would be quite keen to pick him up also. A solid keeper (prone to the odd bit of madness) but has won us more points than I'd like to remember.

Aye, I'm sure we'd have a fight on our hands for him. Duffy, Ewings, Brennan and Forbes will all know Gaston well though, and after the season of goalkeeping we've just watched (5 different keepers, Conor Brennan being the most competent yet only played 2 games for us), Gaston will be like watching Oliver Kahn in his prime.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm sure we'd have a fight on our hands for him. Duffy, Ewings, Brennan and Forbes will all know Gaston well though, and after the season of goalkeeping we've just watched (5 different keepers, Conor Brennan being the most competent yet only played 2 games for us), Gaston will be like watching Oliver Kahn in his prime.

Gaston is a very capable keeper. I'm sure he won't struggle for offers. Wouldn't surprise me if he went part-time either - might suit him