The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Wonder if he has a compensation release clause in his contact :whistle

Keep up, you don't need one. You not learned anything?

You just need horrible clubs with incompetent lawyers in charge to get it oh so costly wrong.

Enjoy the trips to Stranraer, Peterhead and administration.

100k for Hopkin would be a good deal, imo. See you in court in 6 months. 
Still can't read contracts.

Hopkin 3 year deal compared to the snake's 1 year deal.

See you in court in 6 months indeed for £300k.

Would say we should safeguard it by ensuring you pay instantly in full, but actually, rejecting the CVA, foregoing the £300k and seeing Falkirk liquidated would be money we'll spent.

One thing with Hoppy is that you'll have the fittest squad in the Championship. Hoppy's teams are all about hard work, winning the ball back and being fitter than the opposition.

What an amazing appointment for Morton. I genuinely think you boys will do well next year.

Obviously he had a small budget with Livingston as well, but I’m waiting to see what kind of budget he’s getting based on the players we bring in before declaring us anything close to certainties for the top four.

Getting a manager with a track record of success when working with the smallest full-time budget in the division before is obviously excellent news but he’d had a year to build and work with the spine of that squad in steamrollering League One before the fantastic season in the Championship, so while we couldn’t have hoped for someone with a better pedigree when we’re heading for a reduced budget and to be clear I’m very happy with the appointment, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect us to instantly do a Livingston or over-achieve to that extent.

If the league is as pish as this again next season then anyone remotely competent will make the top four so that’s a good sign, but I’m not expecting instant miracles.

Very good appointment. The 3 year contract is a bit of a surprise, especially if it is a fixed 3 year and not 1 with option for another but, as has been said elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkin dictated the terms himself.

His Livi team weren't a fantastic footballing team but they were well organised and new how to win games consistently, which we've not seen for a wee while at Cappielow, so it will be interesting to see what kind of team he builds. 

1 minute ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Very good appointment. The 3 year contract is a bit of a surprise, especially if it is a fixed 3 year and not 1 with option for another but, as has been said elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkin dictated the terms himself.

His Livi team weren't a fantastic footballing team but they were well organised and new how to win games consistently, which we've not seen for a wee while at Cappielow, so it will be interesting to see what kind of team he builds. 

The good thing is he can more or less start from scratch Also a step up from Snakey boy and Johansson.

Edited by gmfc

Fantastic appointment for Morton. I am extremely jealous. Absolute lol at us struggling to 8th place next season and Morton will no doubt get promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
5 minutes ago, sick boy said:
pennies to us x

Don't care how many pennies to the pound your cash strapped rabble offer, we will still reject the CVA and liquidate you.

seems you lads are in more a danger of any liquidation than us, with your chairmans recent comments. 

enjoy your couple seasons with the big boys while you can lad x