The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Not even pretending to be a newspaper these days, are they? What a headline for Easter :blink:

Reveal hidden contents

Just wait till the headline whenRay gets the bag:-   "Judas is carried oot". 

Don’t post often on here, and that was my first game since Ayr at Cappielow, but I think that is, in my almost 20 years of watching Morton, the worst I’ve ever seen. Johansson has taken us backwards since his appointment, and somehow continues to plumb new depths, no action will be taken this week and the board are content to watch us become Clyde. I agree that we can’t be shipping substantial losses every year, but it is this board who have created this scenario through years of incompetence.
Won’t be back at Cappielow until JJ is away.

I dipped in here to see how/what the perception of JJ was with the fans.

Pedro Caixinha lives on in JJ.

20 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Talk of fan ownership. Would be a disaster on all fronts for us with our support. Can’t see how we’d have enough numbers to fund it. 

I like the idea of fan ownership but I suspect you are right. There are too many fans of the two arsecheeks in Greenock.

23 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Talk of fan ownership. Would be a disaster on all fronts for us with our support. Can’t see how we’d have enough numbers to fund it. 

Wait until you hear what's proposed I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

6 hours ago, KabbaCharming said:

Did you write the piece? If not, stop trying to make us buy the Daily Record and just tell us what it is please!

Oh please don’t buy the daily record - the proposal will be all over social media soon.

£400k for 15% - looks like GC really are writing off the debt! :o

£10p.m. over 2 years - that'd be 1667 fans which would be greater than their average home support this season. SMiSA got 1300ish which is probably just under half of what our home support was in the Championship the season SMiSA bought the club - 2015/16 Avg. Home Attendence 3549.  :jerrry

OK I know I was comparing apples & oranges above but with with an average total attendance of 1925 this season you'd imagine the maximum signup would be 750ish if there was a similar proportion taking up the offer - half of the 1500  the organiser reckons would be achievable/needed.

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/club_records_league_attendance.php

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, btb said:

£400k for 15% - looks like GC really are writing off the debt! :o

£10p.m. over 2 years - that'd be 1667 fans which would be greater than their average home support this season. SMiSA got 1300ish which is probably just under half of what our home support was in the Championship the season SMiSA bought the club - 2015/16 Avg. Home Attendence 3549.  :jerrry

OK I know I was comparing apples & oranges above but with with an average total attendance of 1925 this season you'd imagine the maximum signup would be 750ish if there was a similar proportion taking up the offer - half of the 1500  the organiser reckons would be achievable/needed.

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/club_records_league_attendance.php

Except you can donate more than £10 per month and there is an option for wealthier followers and businesses to make larger, one-off donations. 

If you take into account the fact that there will be local businesses and wealthy fans willing to invest decent chunks and fans who will pledge £15/£20/£25 p/m then it becomes a lot more realistic.

Also, in the further details they outline that they are aiming for at least 25% of the club by the time Crawford sells up. 

Finally, 400k might seem a lot for 15% but I imagine that either -

A) if we raise 400k they will buy the 15% and invest the rest into the team.

B) Same as above but maybe buy 25%. 

C) Negotiate a larger stake. 

I admire the people who set this up's ambition, and even though I am a lowly student who already has to pay tonnes just to get to Morton games from where I live, I have pledged some dough. Hopefully others do too.