Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

You might be struggling, but that's a brave thing to admit, particularly on P&B, so well done.
Hope you have more good days than bad.

Sensible
It’s pretty despicable to use it as a tool to beat another poster with when he was in no way of knowing though.
Despite this maybe not being the time and place (mid arguement) you still seem to be looking to use it for point scoring. Probably best just to say nothing tbh.
Not sure I'd be willing to apply that ethical judgement to someone who is dealing with serious mental illness to be honest.   

Sensible again.

RIP to ex player Graeme Morrison who passed away last night at 42

I remember the lad from his Juvenile football days in the Falkirk area.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

It’s pretty despicable to use it as a tool to beat another poster with when he was in no way of knowing though.

Don't think he was doing that tbf, i think he was just feeling kinda sorry for himself, which would be understandable. Yet your mindset is to think he made that confession as a means to berate another poster. Christ on a bike.......

Anyway, it would've been no more  despicable than the later post of a crying child which mocked not only a guy who had just fessed up to having mental health issues but also the child herself. And yet you saw fit to green-dot that one.

Hypocritical as ever. Stay classless, toby.

16 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Don't think he was doing that tbf, i think he was just feeling kinda sorry for himself, which would be understandable. Yet your mindset is to think he made that confession as a means to berate another poster. Christ on a bike.......

Anyway, it would've been no more  despicable than the later post of a crying child which mocked not only a guy who had just fessed up to having mental health issues but also the child herself. And yet you saw fit to green-dot that one.

Hypocritical as ever. Stay classless, toby.

Yeah, fair point about the picture of the wee lassie.

I’m sure DeeBairn will also hold his hand up and offer JJ an apology for hammering him about something he wasn’t to know of.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yeah, fair point about the picture of the wee lassie.

I’m sure DeeBairn will also hold his hand up and offer JJ an apology for hammering him about something he wasn’t to know of.

To be honest, best thing for DeeBairn would be to avoid this nonsense altogether. Fitba' forums are not good for the mental health of anyone.

Look what they did to Ernie.......

9 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

To be honest, best thing for DeeBairn would be to avoid this nonsense altogether. Fitba' forums are not good for the mental health of anyone.

Look what they did to Ernie.......

Not sure I agree there. I remember him being a complete bellend from pretty much the minute he started posting all those years ago.

They’ve certainly not helped, but I doubt he’d be much different without football forums.

You might be more familiar with him than myself though, given that he’s probably given you a bit more grief than I.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Not sure I agree there. I remember him being a complete bellend from pretty much the minute he started posting all those years ago.

They’ve certainly not helped, but I doubt he’d be much different without football forums.

You might be more familiar with him than myself though, given that he’s probably given you a bit more grief than I.

You could well be right,  nobody could be that much of an arsehole without years of practice.

"Grief", tho? Pfft, it's all just shite on a fitba forum full of anonymous fannies, including me. If he got his jollies giving me wee rid dots via umpteen aliases every day I take that as proof that I managed to really get on his nips by drawing some attention to his appalling behaviour, and wee dots were the only thing he could do about it. He was  fizzin', and I'll take that as a win every day of the week.

Woah... this wee rammy's got a bit out of hand...

A football forum isn't a place where anything useful can be said about mental health, either way: there's no context and nobody knows for sure what they might be dealing with on the other side of a user name; anything anybody says is more likely to be wrong than right. Far too serious for the banter.

Same goes for some of the utterly mental 'sex offender' crap, which is worse in some ways.

I've enjoyed the flyting with the Fa'kirk lads as much as anybody (the deep denial and even the red dot rampages are entertaining in their own way). But on all of the above... cease fire, eh?

On all fitba and fitba-related issues... let the rammy continue...

25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Who's Ernie? :huh:

A famous milkman immortalised in song.  They called the premium bond number selector after him too. 

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Who's Ernie? :huh:

Don't ask again. I'm worried about the Beetlejuice effect .......

13 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A famous milkman immortalised in song.  They called the premium bond number selector after him too. 

Correct, fastest in the West too!

Are there still folk thinking Lee Kilday is or ever has been better than Thomas O'Ware and Rickie Lamie btw?

42 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Are there still folk thinking Lee Kilday is or ever has been better than Thomas O'Ware and Rickie Lamie btw?

Only fucking imbeciles.

Well if waking up after yesterday's result wasn't bad enough, we also have to realise we now have a horrendous injury list to contend with for the next crucial game.

Taking into account our long term injuries and those who went off yesterday it looks something like this -:

Denny Johnston

Connor Bell

Robert Thomson

Michael Tidser

Chris Millar

Kyle Thomson(?)  - no idea if he's still with the Club to be honest as he's not spoken about and hasn't been seen.

We cannot afford to go into the next few games missing those players with such a small squad.  JJ will need to look at the free agent list and pluck something out of thin air.

Even before Millar and Tidser went off we had nothing up front.  Oliver and McHugh are not goal scorers and we have nothing else to offer apart from the development squad player Armour.