The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

35 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're getting way ahead of yourself here.

For a start it's just paper talk in that fucking rag and even if it is more than that we have no idea what their long term intentions are. We could really do without a return to the - highly unsuccessful for us anyway - sugar daddy model. If they're bringing along a parade of chancers with them that's an even bigger cause for concern.

I wouldn't just dismiss this as paper talk. We already know the investment the Easdales have put into the club already and the strong rumours of wanting to take over.

What the Ashley involvement would be then who knows? I'm not that naive to understand this as concerning.

I'm also merely speculating that if ths is true then they wont ve investing to watch Morton in the Championship

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I wouldn't just dismiss this as paper talk. We already know the investment the Easdales have put into the club already and the strong rumours of wanting to take over.

What the Ashley involvement would be then who knows? I'm not that naive to understand this as concerning.

I'm also merely speculating that if ths is true then they wont ve investing to watch Morton in the Championship

They were watching Sandy's boy play for the reserves. Hardly conclusive evidence of an imminent takeover. Im going with Daily Mail making up bullshit based on nothing, myself.

Comments from 'spokesmen' with no actual quotes or names attributed. Just made up.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

They were watching Sandy's boy play for the reserves. Hardly conclusive evidence of an imminent takeover. Im going with Daily Mail making up bullshit based on nothing, myself.

Comments from 'spokesmen' with no actual quotes or names attributed. Just made up.

Possibly. But i personally beleive its more than that...

There was a Newcastle/Sevco link when the Easedales were there as well and if this is a genuine look at getting into Scottish football so Newcastle can have a "feeder" they'll be wanting us to be playing in the top flight so I guess that's a bonus?

But f**k turning into another club's reserves for a laugh. The odd loan player here and there and some kinda unofficial link up would be where I draw the line.

From Jack Irvine, Easdale family spokesman, 

Yes, they got the grand tour and met the CEO and manager. And yes, Llambias and the Easdales are close to Ashley.

They believe Morton has potential with serious investment. It would not be sold for £1.

:lol:

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The odd loan player here and there and some kinda unofficial link up would be where I draw the line.

They have sent quite a few players up to Scotland in the last 5 or 6 years, would imagine they would all head to Morton if there was any sort of deal done.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Kevin Mbabu

Just checked that myself via wiki and he was the one that stood out for me. Never got a game at Rangers but has been a standout for YB the last 2 seasons and is now back up to Lichtsteiner for the Swiss team. Expected to make a big money move to Germany in the next year.

Newcastle have some amount of players on loan in general. Would be a handy source of decent standard players but at the same time a bit soul destroying if you were, in essence, owned and operated by Newcastle. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and what sort of agreements are made, if any.

If Morton were still allowed to do their own thing, sign their own players and management, but were chucked two or three players a year? Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If we made our entire set up geared toward bringing players through for Newcastle I'd be ragin'. Y'know appointing managers/coaches to suit the development of other club's players or playing a system that apes Newcastle's, etc.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I heard a few rumours about this a couple of months back, with the old IBM site at Spango Valley being touted for "New Cappielow".........

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Haris Vuckic
Gael Bigirimana
Kevin Mbabu
Shane Ferguson
Remie Streete
Cal Roberts
Freddie Woodman
Kyle Cameron
Stuart Findlay

Quite a decent quality of player they've sent up to be fair.

That's living alright...

5bc72b66a05e1_auwiedersehenpet.jpg.4a76fa35a5f163d894db9fed6267ed83.jpg

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Fortunately, Morton and Newcastle could still both compete in the UEFA Champions League in the same season, as the Red Bull teams have now set the precedent.

Not much chance the Geordies will ever make it there so it'll be fine I'm sure.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Haris Vuckic
Gael Bigirimana
Kevin Mbabu
Shane Ferguson
Remie Streete
Cal Roberts
Freddie Woodman
Kyle Cameron
Stuart Findlay

Quite a decent quality of player they've sent up to be fair.

Missed a couple off that list :whistle

Spoiler

lXWTUQq.jpg

Does anyone know if BishopLenBrennan is the full shilling ??

He appears to be stalking me around the various forums and red flagging all my posts (granted, some are shockers).

Rather childish / psychotic behaviour all the same...................