The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Bachirou is a talented player, as shown by his career trajectory after leaving Morton.   Far more talented than the extremely average Brian Wake (whom VT clearly worships).  Chacun a son gout, but I know which of these players would be welcomed back by most Morton supporters (clue: not a striker).

Wake was an average and frustratingly inconsistent striker with us whose main claim to fame in a Morton jersey was two goals in the 3-0 win at Firhill that kept us up on the last day of the season. I've no  doubt the guy was a trier but in terms of quality he couldn't be compared positively against Bachirou .

Also, had Wake done his job better during that season, or scored a few more goals,  then maybe we wouldn't have needed his heroics in that game to keep us from being relegated.

No idea why vt persists in creating and pursuing so many lost causes on here; he clearly needs something more in his life to occupy his time.

16 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

That’s simply drivel concocted to support your love of an irrational hate campaign. Much  in the same way as your De Clerambault’s condition compels you to invent and massage facts to justify you enduring love of a jobbing cart horse.

^^^ word salad

31 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Wake was an average and frustratingly inconsistent striker with us whose main claim to fame in a Morton jersey was two goals in the 3-0 win at Firhill that kept us up on the last day of the season. I've no  doubt the guy was a trier but in terms of quality he couldn't be compared positively against Bachirou .

Also, had Wake done his job better during that season, or scored a few more goals,  then maybe we wouldn't have needed his heroics in that game to keep us from being relegated.

So to summarise your truly idiotic views, you think that Brian Wake is somehow responsible for the team not doing very well in 200708, despite the fact that he i) was signed halfway through the season ii) was given a handful of starts and iii) in fact scored the critical goals in that campaign to avoid relegation. Meanwhile you - and a hilariously broad section of the Morton fanbase - also think that a defensive central midfielder who played all but one of the games for a team that

i) shipped 70 league goals in a single campaign

ii) shipped ten goals in the last game of the season

iii) got relegated before the Easter eggs were getting taken out of the cupboard to complete

iv) a truly unparalleled, disgrace of a season

is a fantastic player who cannot be held responsible for any of the above.  

Despite the many lofty peaks that certain Morton fans have already achieved, you've truly set a new benchmark for braying stupidity with this effort. :1eye

No idea why vt persists in creating and pursuing so many lost causes on here; he clearly needs something more in his life to occupy his time.

I'm doing just fine thanks, despite the concern expressed by an old, permaraging weirdo like yourself. The only sage life advice that you're  qualified to give on here is on the best type of acid to dissolve your latest victim in the bathtub.

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

So to summarise your truly idiotic views, you think that Brian Wake is somehow responsible for the team not doing very well in 200708, despite the fact that he i) was signed halfway through the season ii) was given a handful of starts and iii) in fact scored the critical goals in that campaign to avoid relegation. Meanwhile you - and a hilariously broad section of the Morton fanbase - also think that a defensive central midfielder who played all but one of the games for a team that

iii) got relegated before the Easter eggs were getting taken out of the cupboard to complete

Despite the many lofty peaks that certain Morton fans have already achieved, you've truly set a new benchmark for braying stupidity with this effort. :1eye

I'm doing just fine thanks, despite the concern expressed by an old, permaraging weirdo like yourself. The only sage life advice that you're  qualified to give on here is on the best type of acid to dissolve your latest victim in the bathtub.

So to summarise;

Bachirou has proven himself to be a class player.

Wake is a lumbering carthorse who did score a couple of important goals.

virginton is delusional and misrepresents the facts.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Way too long, couldn't be arsed reading.

And you DEFINITELY need something else to occupy your time son.

2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Brian Wake is a big sexy god! Haters of the Wakester can get tae!

Big difference between hating a player, which I don't, and being realistic about both his good points and his limitations. 

There's also a big difference between posting a calm assessment of those limitations and making a complete laughing stock of yourself with your responses when someone else does so.

Stick to self-abuse rather than abuse, vt, and do us all a favour.

Apparently we're close to announcing Jai - here's hoping he stays fit if we do sign him. 

The Morton winger I was talking about a few weeks ago was Scott Tiffoney but Jai would be a bonus. Has Tiffoney been playing though/is he likely to play for you guys? I know he's doing strength and conditioning training on Mondays and Tuesdays with us to try and bulk up

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're close to announcing Jai - here's hoping he stays fit if we do sign him. 

The Morton winger I was talking about a few weeks ago was Scott Tiffoney but Jai would be a bonus. Has Tiffoney been playing though/is he likely to play for you guys? I know he's doing strength and conditioning training on Mondays and Tuesdays with us to try and bulk up

Hope Tiffoney gets sent packing back to Livi in January as he quite clearly doesn’t want to be at Morton. Jai has all the potential but he’s permanently injured. Hope wherever he ends up he manages to make the most of it. 

26 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Hope Tiffoney gets sent packing back to Livi in January as he quite clearly doesn’t want to be at Morton. Jai has all the potential but he’s permanently injured. Hope wherever he ends up he manages to make the most of it. 

Was a bit of a weird one for us to send him back to you tbf especially given how he left but maybe McKinnon will play him? 

I think Morton withdrawing Jai's contract is what will mean we're in for him, without offering him the deal it means he's free to move without anyone paying a development fee as he didn't reject the contract

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I think Morton withdrawing Jai's contract is what will mean we're in for him, without offering him the deal it means he's free to move without anyone paying a development fee as he didn't reject the contract

Not sure you are correct about that.  The contract was offered and I think it was said on our forum that that triggers the development fee even if the offer is later withdrawn.  However I read elsewhere that Livi aren't going to sign Jai anyway.

8 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Not sure you are correct about that.  The contract was offered and I think it was said on our forum that that triggers the development fee even if the offer is later withdrawn.  However I read elsewhere that Livi aren't going to sign Jai anyway.

Yeah, post by Callum Carson that does all the stuff in the Courier said that a deal was imminent but stated a few hours after that the deal was off - something must've happened today to have changed that though

With the contract being withdrawn it means Morton won't be due any compensation though, he needs to have rejected the deal for it to go to that. Be that signing a deal elsewhere when Morton's is on the table or outright rejecting it.

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah, post by Callum Carson that does all the stuff in the Courier said that a deal was imminent but stated a few hours after that the deal was off - something must've happened today to have changed that though

With the contract being withdrawn it means Morton won't be due any compensation though, he needs to have rejected the deal for it to go to that. Be that signing a deal elsewhere when Morton's is on the table or outright rejecting it.

If a contract is offered with a specific start date and the player does not respond to the offer by the start date I would have though that could be classed as his deemed rejection.

If the offer was contingent upon Jai proving his fitness that might be different.

In normal circumstances you could understand Jai going to play for a club in the top league. But his career so far hasn't been normal in that he has suffered  from long periods of injury.

I personally believe he has been advised poorly. He should have got himself fit and extended his contract at Morton. If he was over his injuries and began to catch the eye again he would have got his big move.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Just poping on to say a heart felt thank you to Morton from all Ayr fans for letting Andy Murdoch go, he's been immense for us so far, you guys must have some squad to let him go.

As a thank you, any chance of sending Shankland our way?

7 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

As a thank you, any chance of sending Shankland our way?

We did, we kindly allowed you to see the boy stick in a hat-trick to justify your gate money.