The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Annoyed he’s gone to a team at the same level but good luck to him. A good defender but Archibald will need to reign in the pointing the finger at players when it was O’Ware’s fault for the goal type behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:

I will never forget that ridiculous 'pass' he made against Thistle in the title challenge campaign. I can still see it.

He was just a kid then, probably caught in the headlights of a big game. Everyone makes mistakes.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Annoyed he’s gone to a team at the same level but good luck to him. A good defender but Archibald will need to reign in the pointing the finger at players when it was O’Ware’s fault for the goal type behaviour. 

We probably need a bit of that rather than the likes of Woods or Osman lying face down in the turf after making a cnut of things. 

We probably need a bit of that rather than the likes of Woods or Osman lying face down in the turf after making a cnut of things. 
Speaking of Osman, seemed a player whenever I seen him. Wouldn't mind seeing him come in as part of our midfield but I presume he could probably get a gig at the newly promoted sides.

Speaking of Osman, seemed a player whenever I seen him. Wouldn't mind seeing him come in as part of our midfield but I presume he could probably get a gig at the newly promoted sides.

The Osman we first signed would be a stand out at Championship level.

The Osman we had last season would really struggle.

He's worth a punt but I'm glad it won't be us that will see first hand whether he's done or not.

16 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:
32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

You wouldn't want 2017/18 Osman anywhere near your team, imo. Osman from the season before is a different matter. 

Struggled with injuries recently and even when he came back he didn't contribute much if anything. 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Not sure why any professional team would need someone to blame everyone else for their own mistakes tbh; it's the exact fucking opposite of credible leadership. 

Here's hoping his desire for a 'new challenge' works out as well for him as Bobby Barr's did at Raith. 

Edited by vikingTON

8 hours ago, Tri-TON said:
8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Osman seems like a guy who isn't really arsed about playing football any more. He thinks he's a fashion mogul these days and spends his time trying to punt his shite gear and hanging around with the Pogba family.

Very much doubt he'll sign for anyone else in Scotland.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's GTF day, so just popping in to say cheerio, fuckos. :thumsup2

Some of you are awright. Enjoy finishing 7th again next season.

You absolutely love us CS, you wont be able to help yourself coming back here from time to time.

Enjoy being the Brechin of the Premiership!

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If only to make sure someone - anyone - is minding the gap.

:P

Go with a hearty GET DOON from us all.

On 02/06/2018 at 10:30, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Doyle and Ross Forbes are the first 2 to be told that they're not getting new deals by Ray McKinnon. Not disappointed to see either go. Forbes had the season of his life in 16/17, but was poor last season, and Doyle was the weak link in the starting 11 last season.

Positive start by the new man.

Would these be the sort of signings a team aspiring to be seaside league champions, and who currently have virtually no midfielders or full backs, should make?

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Would these be the sort of signings a team aspiring to be seaside league champions, and who currently have virtually no midfielders or full backs, should make?

100% yes. Forbes skooshes the seaside league when fit and Doyle is frankly always fit. Not many better athletes at that level for sure which would be an edge itself.

I just seen on Twitter that the club still hasn’t been in touch with our goalkeepers. I wonder if this means we have someone else in the pipeline or the fact we have so many players out of contract he wasn’t first on the list?

6 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

I just seen on Twitter that the club still hasn’t been in touch with our goalkeepers. I wonder if this means we have someone else in the pipeline or the fact we have so many players out of contract he wasn’t first on the list?

Think he just means he’s joining a gym to get himself in better shape for pre-season? 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Think he just means he’s joining a gym to get himself in better shape for pre-season? 

If you click into the conversation, he says he hasn't been contacted yet.

Hopefully that contact comes today/tomorrow as would be a big blow to lose him!

1 hour ago, boulderdomb said:

That doesn't give any indication whether he has been spoken to by McKinnon or not. Someone on the Morton forum said that McKinnon was sitting down with all the goalkeepers on Monday, but given Brennan has already been released I doubt that story.