The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

8 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

Say its for the Morton vacancy and make my weekend , Gus should never get near St Mirren  not done a good job at QP by any means.

Sounds like the Board are now plunging down to the bottom of the barrel in an effort to find someone who will take the job on with a sustainability budget. 

26 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Sounds like the Board are now plunging down to the bottom of the barrel in an effort to find someone who will take the job on with a sustainability budget. 

Gonnae give it a feckin' rest?

22 hours ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

Our owners-in-waiting have today completed the purchase of the land adjacent to Cappielow: https://www.inverclydenow.com/news/local-news/easdale-company-in-3-1million-deal-for-business-park.

A seismic day for the club and as such I am very surprised there has been no comment herein or on the Morton Chatter website.

I wouldn't get too excited about this. Especially in terms of ground redevelopment. 

It would seem like a crazy business decision to simply purchase land worth over £3M and with a good rental yield in order to potentially have a bit more room for a football stadium - that is already big enough. Then you would have to turf out tenants in the future and forego rental income while doing what? Building a big stand to sit empty most weeks?

A bigger or better stadium isn't going to see many more punters at Cappielow - even if we did ever get promoted. 

True there would potentially be scope to have a new stadium that could have conference and function facilities etc. to boost some cash flow - but I don't see someone putting that kind of cash into Morton particularly.  And in reality the Arnold Clark site would be more important to possibly developing the ground - I don't imagine that site would cost anywhere near £3M and given the number of other sites about, I'm sure Arnold Clark would not need to think twice if any reasonable offer was made - especially if it involved renting back in the short term at least. 

7 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Gonnae give it a feckin' rest?

When the Board’s apologists stop shilling snake oil to the credulous .

Maybe if virginton got his finger out and published his tribute to Alex Comfort, “The Joy of No Sex- how red fitting is better than an orgasm” I’d have something else to occupy my time

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

When the Board’s apologists stop shilling snake oil to the credulous .

Maybe if virginton got his finger out and published his tribute to Alex Comfort, “The Joy of No Sex- how red fitting is better than an orgasm” I’d have something else to occupy my time

You've been at the drink again, haven't you?

1. 'Shilling" is not appropriate for use as a verb here.

2. Who are these apologists, and what is this "snake oil" that is allegedly being "shilled" in the general direction of the credulous?

3. And who are the credulous, anyway? In short, what is that mouth music all about?

4. Is "red fitting"some new and more vehement form of red DOTting, or were you just too pissed to notice that predictive text was making a nonsensical post even worse?

Not your finest hour, that post, was it?

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that you're still taking your ban for being a vile, anti-Irish racist very badly indeed. That's a  terrible, wee shame for you. 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for gavin gunning

You keep going on about this ONE alleged post. Conveniently forgetting that you showed your true colours when your associate ( guilty of scores of racist , homophobic posts and other forms of  offensive material)  was reported to the .org mods. You thought it was a good idea to pursue an anti grass campaign.

Like yer mate toby you expose yourself as a supporter of such behaviour and  a grade A hypocrite . Keep up the good work.

7 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You've been at the drink again, haven't you?

1. 'Shilling" is not appropriate for use as a verb here.

2. Who are these apologists, and what is this "snake oil" that is allegedly being "shilled" in the general direction of the credulous?

3. And who are the credulous, anyway? In short, what is that mouth music all about?

4. Is "red fitting"some new and more vehement form of red DOTting, or were you just too pissed to notice that predictive text was making a nonsensical post even worse?

Not your finest hour, that post, was it?

Thanks for the sermon even, if it is a few days early.  

9 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that you're still taking your ban for being a vile, anti-Irish racist very badly indeed. That's a  terrible, wee shame for you. 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for gavin gunning

Nice to see the Bowibu Bhoys are still pretending to be offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Toby’s take on Lithgow is hypocrisy at it best. Looking forward to the publication of Dr Strange’s Guide to Acceptable and Unacceptable Insults and Wakeist Wankerism. Should be a hoot. 

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Nice to see the Bowibu Bhoys are still pretending to be offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Toby’s take on Lithgow is hypocrisy at it best. Looking forward to the publication of Dr Strange’s Guide to Acceptable and Unacceptable Insults and Wakeist Wankerism. Should be a hoot. 

^^^ word salad

8 hours ago, cornbeef said:

You keep going on about this ONE alleged post. Conveniently forgetting that you showed your true colours when your associate ( guilty of scores of racist , homophobic posts and other forms of  offensive material)  was reported to the .org mods. You thought it was a good idea to pursue an anti grass campaign.

Like yer mate toby you expose yourself as a supporter of such behaviour and  a grade A hypocrite . Keep up the good work.

Could be worse, I could both condone proven racism - as shown by the ban  received by your fantasist chum - and be a proven grass at the same time. 

Image result for lee wallace

I can see why such events have turned you into an absolutely buckled, frothing mess then. 

You have to laugh.......

While most decent posters (and decent people) are on the Livi thread congratulating them and Hopkin on a wonderful achievement, virginton's only input so far today on the Championship forum is to slither on here, wee face puckered up like a cat's arse, rid-dot my post above and slither off again. Funny, yes, but typically pathetic behaviour from the manchild. Definitely suckled on a vinegar tit, that boy.

Still, whatever lights your wee candle, young Stephen. Here's another one for you to rid-dot with my compliments. Dick though he is, maybe Branch Ton's right about you finding dotting posts is better than sex.......  mind you, how would you know? 

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

I take it you are waiting till your large  dose of humble pie has been digested before you post your tribute to David Hopkin?  

the thought of vT and internet tributes is one too horrible, and too messy, to contemplate.......   eeeughh.......