Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Morton have done the right thing in the current situation they find themselves in.

That situation though, is entirely of their own making. Getting rid of Duffy might well have been the right decision but a new manager should have been quickly lined up to avoid this sort of thing from happening.

It does suggest an appointment isn't close, as surely if a new boss was ready to go then he's have had a quiet word with anyone he wanted to keep and tell them not to sign up elsewhere?

We have never came out and said its close though. The process was quite clear from the clubs point of view and of course it was our own making.  Shortlist is probably done now and Interviews will start any day now, if not already.

I never expected us to have a replacement lined up. There was still a chance of a play off position with 2/3 games to go so a new manager wouldn't have been thought about at that stage. Had Duffy made the playoffs, he would still be in a job! The decision to sack him was probably only made around the last week or so of the season.

17 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Imagine letting your POTY and top scorer go because you haven't got a manager. Fucking hell. 

5 penalties and a rebound from a penalty he had saved made up 6 of the 8 goals he scored. He scored one free kick and the other goal was a header from a corner.  His penalties make it look like he had a better goalscoring season than he actually did. From open play he was a bit disappointing in that regard. 

27 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

5 penalties and a rebound from a penalty he had saved made up 6 of the 8 goals he scored. He scored one free kick and the other goal was a header from a corner.  His penalties make it look like he had a better goalscoring season than he actually did. From open play he was a bit disappointing in that regard. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Former World Cup winner has applied for the job. 

5B2FE64E-4A4D-417C-A089-EC88D01BAE91.jpeg.c09b2a88942bf29fcfd48636532775c3.jpeg

Fingers crossed :wub:

3 hours ago, madton said:

We have never came out and said its close though. The process was quite clear from the clubs point of view and of course it was our own making.  Shortlist is probably done now and Interviews will start any day now, if not already.

Yeah, not saying that's definitely a bad thing but does leave the club open to losing players that the new manager may have wanted to keep.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Jim-McInally-e1419599963316.jpg

Can’t even win a playoff match in Scotland, never mind a World Cup :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

29 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Can’t even win a playoff match in Scotland, never mind a World Cup :lol: 

Oops, Stirling Albion never happened then? It certainly wouldn’t have in Dr Stephen Strange’ weird and wacky anhedonic universe.

Edited by Branch Ton
Typo

Early bird season tickets now available at £199.00.

Bloody good job,  Morton. 

I said i wasn't renewing... i lied. 

Good move making season tickets £199 when we don’t know who will be the manager next season. :lol: 

£180 for concessions.  That's pretty good value.  18 games for the price of 12 at last season't £15 a game (though I think someone said the concession pay at the gate rate will be slightly less next season).

Long as I'm not entirely pissed off about the new manager I'll happily renew my season ticket. Very good price. 

37 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Good move making season tickets £199 when we don’t know who will be the manager next season. :lol: 

Our who's gonna be playing for you. Have you got anyone signed up for next season, genuine question?

23 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Long as I'm not entirely pissed off about the new manager I'll happily renew my season ticket. Very good price. 

My thinking as well. I think it's a great price but I'll wait and see who becomes our manager though. If it's Aitken I'll not be buying one.

Crawford Rae has come out and said our aim is to be in the Premiership within 3 years. If that's the case we'll need someone fairly decent in! 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

£180 for concessions.  That's pretty good value.  18 games for the price of 12 at last season't £15 a game (though I think someone said the concession pay at the gate rate will be slightly less next season).

Concessions will have the tiered pricing - £13 if using a fan card, £15 if buying a ticket.

hhh.JPG

Edited by Jamie_M

I could be pissed off with the new manager and this still makes sense to me. I know I'll attend at least 10 games and that's my £200 quid right there. 

I don't imagine I can be any more pissed off than I was at Duffy being appointed tbh.

Really is a cracking price and  the reaction over on the Morton forum shows its will hopefully be a success.

If we get the right manager in and most of us are happy with it, i can see us selling more season tickets than last year because of that discount.

Amazing what a bit of ambition and clear direction can do. The fan base as a whole were scunnered a few weeks ago but recent communications and now this appears to have changed attitude already, lets hope it continues!