The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Club captain Lee Kilday has this afternoon joined League One Airdrieonians on an emergency loan for the remainder of the current campaign.

Since returning from a 10-month injury lay-off in February, the defender has made five successive starts for the Under-20s in Development League West.

However, Cappielow gaffer Jim Duffy felt that the centre-half would require competitive first-team matches before being ready for a Ton return and has now agreed a temporary transfer with the Diamonds.

Speaking to media officer Jonathan Mitchell after signing the paperwork today, Kilday said: “I agreed with the gaffer that a loan move would be important for me.

“It’s been 11 months now since I’ve played for the first-team, so I needed to get competitive games in. I understand what the gaffer is saying, that he can’t just throw me back in; I know that myself.

“I am feeling good and I’ve come through the development games fine. My ankle is feeling better and it is improving every week.

“But the 20s games don’t have the same tempo or competitive edge as the Championship, so I just need to go out and get some matches under my belt.

“Hopefully after that I’ll be feeling alright and prove to myself that I’m fit again, and we can take it from there. I also have to look ahead to next season with my contract up in the summer and this can show the gaffer I am fit.

“My first game could be against Queen’s Park at Hampden. That could be a good start: the national stadium, a good pitch, so I’m looking forward to it – and excited to play a first-team game again!”

On 3/29/2018 at 13:45, Mayor Wilkins III said:

And considering that there's still other teams who have to take over us, I'd say there's more pressing concerns than Dundee United. If we drop out of the playoffs, it'll have been someone like Dunfermline, Queen of the South or Inverness that put us out of the position. Not a team who's already in the spots with two games in hand.

Not exactly, only Morton can shoot themselves in the foot to miss out on the playoffs. Mind you that's a pretty big foot/target that's grown in the last thirty years.

However we are probably running out of games, QotS have to win two more games than you and still have to play them. The Pars are one win behind and you don't play them again. So staying in the playoffs is very much up to how Morton perform in the final run in, yours to throw away.

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

Not exactly, only Morton can shoot themselves in the foot to miss out on the playoffs. Mind you that's a pretty big foot/target that's grown in the last thirty years.

However we are probably running out of games, QotS have to win two more games than you and still have to play them. The Pars are one win behind and you don't play them again. So staying in the playoffs is very much up to how Morton perform in the final run in, yours to throw away.

My point was more to do with Dundee United's relevance to our run in, than our own. Obviously we can royally f**k it up.

Just now, Mayor Wilkins III said:

My point was more to do with Dundee United's relevance to our run in, than our own. Obviously we can royally f**k it up.

The only relevance they have is tomorrows match. My point is your team has more points than teams who have played the same number of games and with United in the playoff place its all entirely up to Morton to stay there in the playoffs. If the players at Morton started worrying about what everyone else is doing instead of focusing on the task ahead this is going to go very very wrong. It matters not a jot what everyone else is doing unless you are playing them on that day. Some tough games ahead though, if you make it to the playoffs you will have earned and deserved it.

3 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

Hopefully they're making it so it actually accepts registrations - I've tried to create about 10 accounts and never get the confirmation emails.

They're probably looking at the nine other alias accounts that you've set up when deciding to empty you again.