The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

48 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Depends whether you consider the experience of being a relentless fud counts as "good experience".

Pros: Decent height, decent pace, two legs.

Cons: Inability to head the ball in desired direction [Jonathan Page], needs 30 seconds minimum to decide where to pass (this followed by ludicrous backpass or similar Hollywood pass 70 yards into touch) [Ryan Harding], fud [Allan McManus], complete lack of discipline [Allan McManus], inability to accept blame for errors instead preferring to argue (and occasionally fight) with colleagues [Stuart McCluskey], does not give a shit [Stuart McCluskey], loves a corner [Stewart Greacen] (bonus point for extravagant OG attempts from said corners [Chris Smith] ) , lack of introspection [Darren Cole], emotional incontinence [Allan McManus] (probable bladder incontinence NOT confirmed), enjoys arguing with officials whilst ball is in play [Stuart McCluskey] (also colleagues and fans [Dylan Kerr]), fud [Darren Cole], frequent chronic niggling injuries (real and imagined [Dominic Shimmin]). 

We've got ourselves a combination of some truly legendary centre backs here.

Incidentally, it's taken less than two weeks after the close of the transfer window for Duffy to decide that he should no longer 'wait and see' whether we need more players. Taking that decision now rather than two weeks ago means that we can now only sign a player on loan for 93 days, rather than window to window.

If we were to sign a striker on loan today the maximum amount of time they could stay with us would be until 15 December, so for the three games between then and the opening of the January window we'd be reverting to the strikers who've delivered a total of one league goal in five games between them so far. Great stuff.

24 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Is there not a bizarre ball catching incident among all of that?

That was the least of it, tbf.

Gunning had a habit of signalling to be taken off 'injured'. On the final occasion he just picked up the ball and walked off with it. Mixu went radge (I do say!) and sent him off up the tunnel. Cue much booing and name calling. Gunning cleverly responded by giving a slow handclap to the support. That was what did for him. And thank f**k for that.

I'm just glad we've not signed yet another development squad player as we desperately need experience in the squad.

He seems to fit the bill of playing at a decent level. Downside is he's seems a bit of a lad , but Duffy has a get out clause in only giving him a 6 month deal.

Unfortunately we're in a beggars can't be choosers situation and it shows up the farce that was the transfer window. Did they honestly believe this situation wouldn't crop up with injuries and suspensions?  

The signing gives us decent cover at the back now to be fair. But of course we still need quality up front.  We need at least another 2 probably 3 more players.

Exactly what I would expect of Duffy - sign a 'sensitive' defender nobody else wanted. Just imagine the 'sensitive' corner of the dressing room when Oliver, Forbes and Gunning cuddle up to discuss the 'bad' boo-boy fans at the club.

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

Surely we could take a punt on David Templeton? Give him a deal till January to prove his fitness/can still play to a decent standard and if so get him signed up for the rest of the campaign.
As much as we need a striker/winger I can maybe understand why Duffy felt we needed someone in at centre half. Lamie appears to be injured again, and Russell will be suspended for Saturday. So that'd leave us with Strapp at left back and I don't think it'd be a good idea to put him in against Dunfermline.

I'd be happy with a short term contract for Templeton.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

So we sign another centre half and let Balatoni goto Ayr without even making an approach for him? Just f**k off Duffy. 

I don't think it crossed Duffy's mind to sign another defender before Lamie and Kilday both limped out of the game on Saturday - which is strange considering that he sent his defensive cover out on loan a couple of weeks ago. I assumed he was going to sign someone at that point, but it really does seem like this is just about the injuries.

After the absolutely tragic performances from Oliver and Oyenuga at the weekend, Scullion will surely be getting a start this weekend. He's offered little himself in his appearances this season, but Oliver and Oyenuga absolutely have to be dropped and McDonagh clearly has nothing about him. Although I suppose Duffy may go for Orr up with Quitongo...

19 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

After the absolutely tragic performances from Oliver and Oyenuga at the weekend, Scullion will surely be getting a start this weekend. He's offered little himself in his appearances this season, but Oliver and Oyenuga absolutely have to be dropped and McDonagh clearly has nothing about him. Although I suppose Duffy may go for Orr up with Quitongo...

He won't drop Oliver and he won't start scullion.