• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

'Sugar' Ray did, by the looks of things.

You may also have said that 'Sugar' Rae does. ;)

This seasons bullshit aside, I dont care any about the operation of Greenock Morton. All I would say is basic common sense would tell you that anyone involved in the reanimation of Rangers post 2012 should be treated with serious trepidation.

Hard to say I wouldnt want them anywhere near my club without knowing what the alternatives were, but I definitely want them nowhere near my club.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This seasons bullshit aside, I dont care any about the operation of Greenock Morton. All I would say is basic common sense would tell you that anyone involved in the reanimation of Rangers post 2012 should be treated with serious trepidation.

Hard to say I wouldnt want them anywhere near my club without knowing what the alternatives were, but I definitely want them nowhere near my club.

I personally don't have concerns about the Easdales themselves. Sandy seems to have a genuine affection for the club and is a regular attendee at every home game.

They have also put in a tremendous amount of sponsorship and have their own man on the current Board of Directors.

My big concern would be if people like Lambilas get involved. He seemed part of things when there was talk of a takeover last year. That's would be worrying.

18 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I personally don't have concerns about the Easdales themselves. Sandy seems to have a genuine affection for the club and is a regular attendee at every home game.

They have also put in a tremendous amount of sponsorship and have their own man on the current Board of Directors.

My big concern would be if people like Lambilas get involved. He seemed part of things when there was talk of a takeover last year. That's would be worrying.

If Llambias and Co get involved, you'd be as well just pulling the shutters down on the club.

The Crawford Rae interview with the Greenock Telegraph last week was no coincidence. The club published accounts on 1st March, which states at point 2-Going concern, 'The directors are working on budgets for 2019/20 season, to establish the level of overheads which would result in a break-even position for that year'. Furthermore at point 8-Material uncertainty relating to going concern,  'if the company is not able to reach a break-even position, then a material uncertainty exists, that may cast a significant doubt over the company's ability to continue as a going concern'. 

Worrying times. 

1 hour ago, NewarkTon said:

The Crawford Rae interview with the Greenock Telegraph last week was no coincidence. The club published accounts on 1st March, which states at point 2-Going concern, 'The directors are working on budgets for 2019/20 season, to establish the level of overheads which would result in a break-even position for that year'. Furthermore at point 8-Material uncertainty relating to going concern,  'if the company is not able to reach a break-even position, then a material uncertainty exists, that may cast a significant doubt over the company's ability to continue as a going concern'. 

Worrying times. 

The club is always going to get a qualified going concern report as long as the inter-company debt exists. If the parent company with its new directors decides to charge ijnterest on the debt then to reach a break even point the playing budget would probably need to be reduced to ten bob. 

On the other hand the last time I looked the stadium etc was included in the accounts at a. 1999 value. We need a proper accountant.

The club is always going to get a qualified going concern report as long as the inter-company debt exists. If the parent company with its new directors decides to charge ijnterest on the debt then to reach a break even point the playing budget would probably need to be reduced to ten bob. 
On the other hand the last time I looked the stadium etc was included in the accounts at a. 1999 value. We need a proper accountant.

Stadiums in the 80s mate, never mind the 90s.

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Surely that's just a dodge so it can be sold cheaply to the first person that comes along? 

19 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Surely that's just a dodge so it can be sold cheaply to the first person that comes along? 

Hardly. If its restated at current market value the increase would cover some of the accumulated trading losses and.make the balance sheet look a lot healthier.

Maybe Toby could explain why his hero, our vastly experienced accountant, hasn't advocated that after splashing out £80k on turnstile software to facilitate real time management accounts. 

11 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Hardly. If its restated at current market value the increase would cover some of the accumulated trading losses and.make the balance sheet look a lot healthier.

Maybe Toby could explain why his hero, our vastly experienced accountant, hasn't advocated that after splashing out £80k on turnstile software to facilitate real time management accounts. 

Hopefully it's not an offence to undervalue assets in published accounts. That would be annoying. 

Well some good news during the Interduffup break.

Good to see Reece Lyon getting a contract extension to June 21.

Hope he keeps progressing in a more mobile midfield. RIP Tids

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

A 3 month contract extension really isn't so impressive plus Tidser would have been the ideal man to teach him his trade.

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

So he's basically being kept on to plug a gap until the end of the season. 

On 3/11/2019 at 16:22, Branch Ton said:

The market value of cappielow is miniscule now that supermarkets are no longer building on old football grounds and paying millions to do so. 

I do envy Morton still being at home, well bar the main stand which is designed for midgets and ladies. I had my best times at Morton in the split terrace and moving to behind the goals when we shot into them.

The big question I'll ask, is have Morton progressed or regressed post Duffy ?

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

The market value of cappielow is miniscule now that supermarkets are no longer building on old football grounds and paying millions to do so. 

I do envy Morton still being at home, well bar the main stand which is designed for midgets and ladies. I had my best times at Morton in the split terrace and moving to behind the goals when we shot into them.

The big question I'll ask, is have Morton progressed or regressed post Duffy ?

You obviously haven’t heard of “the Brothers” nearby site accumulation exercise and possible plans for a sports kit warehousing and  distribution hub.

Has your chairman fallen on her sword yet? 

31 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You obviously haven’t heard of “the Brothers” nearby site accumulation exercise and possible plans for a sports kit warehousing and  distribution hub.

Has your chairman fallen on her sword yet? 

Our chairperson always falls on their sword, everyone does in that position.

Will you get 10M plus for sports kit merchandise.......I think not.....

The gravy train of sell your ground to supermarkets is gone....

Forgot I was in a Morton thread that I had to repeat it

Image result for ruaridh langan
Watched this boy today in a Navy Blue  is he any good .  
         RUARIDH LANGAN

Edited by auldtoonbairn
didnt insert name