The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 3/11/2019 at 16:22, Branch Ton said:

Hardly. If its restated at current market value the increase would cover some of the accumulated trading losses and.make the balance sheet look a lot healthier.

The market value of cappielow is miniscule now that supermarkets are no longer building on old football grounds and paying millions to do so. 

I do envy Morton still being at home, well bar the main stand which is designed for midgets and ladies. I had my best times at Morton in the split terrace and moving to behind the goals when we shot into them.

The big question I'll ask, is have Morton progressed or regressed post Duffy ?

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

The market value of cappielow is miniscule now that supermarkets are no longer building on old football grounds and paying millions to do so. 

I do envy Morton still being at home, well bar the main stand which is designed for midgets and ladies. I had my best times at Morton in the split terrace and moving to behind the goals when we shot into them.

The big question I'll ask, is have Morton progressed or regressed post Duffy ?

You obviously haven’t heard of “the Brothers” nearby site accumulation exercise and possible plans for a sports kit warehousing and  distribution hub.

Has your chairman fallen on her sword yet? 

31 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You obviously haven’t heard of “the Brothers” nearby site accumulation exercise and possible plans for a sports kit warehousing and  distribution hub.

Has your chairman fallen on her sword yet? 

Our chairperson always falls on their sword, everyone does in that position.

Will you get 10M plus for sports kit merchandise.......I think not.....

The gravy train of sell your ground to supermarkets is gone....

Forgot I was in a Morton thread that I had to repeat it

Dykes hasn't done enough for me on the park to merit an extension. It raises the question of is he being signed as a squad player like he is now  or is that the calibre of player we will be signing from now on?

Dykes is an okay player and not as bad as is being made out. He's an average player at best for Championship level. But why sign him now? Why not wait to see who is available in the transfer window come the Summer? 

Don’t post often on here, and that was my first game since Ayr at Cappielow, but I think that is, in my almost 20 years of watching Morton, the worst I’ve ever seen. Johansson has taken us backwards since his appointment, and somehow continues to plumb new depths, no action will be taken this week and the board are content to watch us become Clyde. I agree that we can’t be shipping substantial losses every year, but it is this board who have created this scenario through years of incompetence.
Won’t be back at Cappielow until JJ is away.

20 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Did Rae and Easdale leave early to discuss the financial  mechanics of emptying Johansson this week?

Can’t see how he can be allowed to send out another team after that... but equally difficult to see how another manager could pick a shitebag-free 11 from what we’ve got.

They definitely left early. I noticed their seats were empty a good 20 minutes before the final whistle so could have been even longer. 

Well you Morton fans not a lot wrong with that performance tonight should have won it out the park, and if you had a striker you would have think that’s all you need based on tonight, also. Great fitness levels all over the park ran Ayr ragged.

10 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Well you Morton fans not a lot wrong with that performance tonight should have won it out the park, and if you had a striker you would have think that’s all you need based on tonight, also. Great fitness levels all over the park ran Ayr ragged.

All well and good putting in a decent shift but ultimately we are 1 win in 10, we can't score goals ( 5 goals in our last 10 games ffs)  JJ has a 23% win ratio and we are right in a relegation battle.

A battling draw at Ayr, whilst welcoming, doesn't really change anything.

JJ needs to go!

One or two folk at Palmerston on Saturday suggesting that going down might not be a bad thing... means getting rid of Johansson, start again, etc.

Naw.

We need to make sure we stay up, bag Johansson, and play it from there. Worrying times are here, no doubt; but finding ourselves in League 1, with hardly any players signed, and season ticket sales collapsing would be full-blown crisis.

That will mean they end up with even less money.

Still, someone _might_ buy out GC: if that's sooner, all to the good, and Johansson will be gone; if it's later, and you're right that Rae and Hawke go into drift mode over a whole season, they'll be killing us.

Short-term injection of modest amount of cash in order to stave off longer-term damage has got to be the right move, even in the context of trying to sell.

Who's gonnae buy a season ticket in the summer with Johansson still in charge and Dylan Dykes as club captain elect?