The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 1/11/2019 at 13:39, virginton said:

It's Dumbarton's place in the pecking order to feed off The Famous' discarded scraps. Just like Largs Thistle rely on our crap youth regens to fill their squads every single year. 

Nice to see Jamie McGowan today becoming a living example of this.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Tiffoney is back at us, what's he been like?

Only turned up when his loan deal was about to end. Delighted I’ll never see him in a Morton kit again. Can’t ever see him making it in the Premiership, especially with his physique. Any competent full back has schooled him most times he’s played. 

50 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Tele saying we're after Nikolay Todorov... Maybe further evidence that what Johansson really wants to do is go long and direct... Not at all encouraging.

Kiltie supplying the balls to big Todorov...…..:thumsup2

I’ve no problem at all with playing direct football but it’s quite obvious that the Finnish James Grady is going to make a complete and utter c**t of its execution: as our gormless efforts at using Thomson as a Jan Koller targetman last Saturday showed, with nobody even remotely near him to collect the 1 out of 20 punts he successfully knocked down.

A non-scoring, ‘bit of a carthorse’ figure at another club didn’t do too badly for us from April 2008; but Wake’s glorious transformation had to occur within the crushing, mailed fist of Ironsball. The tactical cohesion isn’t there under the current management to make that approach effective.

56 minutes ago, virginton said:

I’ve no problem at all with playing direct football but it’s quite obvious that the Finnish James Grady is going to make a complete and utter c**t of its execution: as our gormless efforts at using Thomson as a Jan Koller targetman last Saturday showed, with nobody even remotely near him to collect the 1 out of 20 punts he successfully knocked down.

A non-scoring, ‘bit of a carthorse’ figure at another club didn’t do too badly for us from April 2008; but Wake’s glorious transformation had to occur within the crushing, mailed fist of Ironsball. The tactical cohesion isn’t there under the current management to make that approach effective.

Yet another painful polemic of pish from the Poundshop PhD pillock. So much hate, so little love. Give the guy a cuddle someone ffs.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Good luck with Toddy, great heart and passion but as far as football goes I think that's about it :D Can try hold the ball up but he's clumsy and can't score

Don't listen to this 'ton fans, they told us the same thing about Dylan Mackin!

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't listen to this 'ton fans, they told us the same thing about Dylan Mackin!

What a player :D remember him trying to tell me how good he’ll be in the Premiership at the POTY awards this year. Outside out his face telling a Livi fan how good he is :D 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

What a player :D remember him trying to tell me how good he’ll be in the Premiership at the POTY awards this year. Outside out his face telling a Livi fan how good he is :D 

Has he even scored for Stirling yet? Cannae be arsed looking it up.

12 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Yet another painful polemic of pish from the Poundshop PhD pillock. So much hate, so little love. Give the guy a cuddle someone ffs.

Accurate alliteration about an absolute and annoying arsehole.

.......you can count me out re the cuddle though. I've seen the photo. EEUGHH.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker