The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Good to sign another striker. Can’t say I know much about him, will need to wait and see him in action!

Great wee secondary striker. A good signing for Morton. Played for Ict, not a shabby attacking player. Great eye for a player has that Mckinnon. :-) 

For context of how believable these rumours are ATLIS posted in the Thistle thread back in May they were signing James Penrice then PMed me for some weird reason to tell me he'd been released. The same James Penrice has played all of our league cup games so far.

55 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

For context of how believable these rumours are ATLIS posted in the Thistle thread back in May they were signing James Penrice then PMed me for some weird reason to tell me he'd been released. The same James Penrice has played all of our league cup games so far.

Same James Penrice who isn't settled at the club and was told he apparently won't be first choice for the upcoming season?

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Same James Penrice who isn't settled at the club and was told he apparently won't be first choice for the upcoming season?

All of that could be true and he still hasn't been released 2 months after you said he had been. Unlucky.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

All of that could be true and he still hasn't been released 2 months after you said he had been. Unlucky.

That's true, however he's been in contact with Martindale who apparently told him that if he ever wants to come back all he has to do is pick up the phone ;) He has a year and a half on his deal and you wouldn't be due any compensation either afaik due to a clause in the current deal.

Wouldn't help that he has a manager that tells him not to go past the halfway line though mind you :D 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

That's true, however he's been in contact with Martindale who apparently told him that if he ever wants to come back all he has to do is pick up the phone ;) He has a year and a half on his deal and you wouldn't be due any compensation either afaik due to a clause in the current deal.

Wouldn't help that he has a manager that tells him not to go past the halfway line though mind you :D 

1) he has 2 years left on his deal
2) no such clause exists
3) Archibald has consistently played with attacking, overlapping fullbacks for 5 years now
4) please stop talking absolute shite

Heard it's actually Robert Thomson you're after and McKinnon is currently locked in talks with Martindale about the precise split of his taxi fare.

Unlucky.

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Heard we're signing a winger from Morton :shutup

Quitingo is being, heavily, linked with Hearts. 

9 hours ago, Scosha said:

Scott Tiffoney maybe? We’ll be due a decent compensation fee. 

He's on trial down South. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He has a year and a half on his deal and you wouldn't be due any compensation either afaik due to a clause in the current deal.

Why would any club put a clause in a contract that negates a six figure fee? 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Quitingo is being, heavily, linked with Hearts. 

He's on trial down South. 

Why would any club put a clause in a contract that negates a six figure fee? 

Quitongo I believe is just doing his rehab with us, that deal looks dead, unlikely he’s coming to us so Hearts could be a shout. 

Not anymore he’s not, as far as I’m aware. 

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Quitongo I believe is just doing his rehab with us, that deal looks dead, unlikely he’s coming to us so Hearts could be a shout. 

Not anymore he’s not, as far as I’m aware. 

It was reported yesterday tiffoney had joined Nottingham Forest on trial

I'm still amazed that Tiffoney's getting any interest from clubs at a higher level. He seems entirely the kind of ineffective young winger who'd turn down a full-time deal believing he can do better, end up at Clyde for a couple of years where his sanddancing achieves nothing then spend the rest of his career at Largs Thistle.

If anyone offers compensation we should take it and run.