The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Chronic patter.

Why, thank you!! We aim to please.

It's a ridiculous amount of money to charge for a Scottish Championship match, mate. Especially one that is also available live on TV for free. That's why it deserves to be ridiculed.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

Why, thank you!! We aim to please.

It's a ridiculous amount of money to charge for a Scottish Championship match, mate. Especially one that is also available live on TV for free. That's why it deserves to be ridiculed.

Yeah £20 is way too much to charge at this level. We charge £20 across the board though ( apart from the Rangers games which are more), we aren't just ripping off Morton fans.

We were one of the cheapest gates in the top league and the board didn't increase the prices for a good few seasons, so this is them making up for it. Well thats my theory anyway.

Yeah £20 is way too much to charge at this level. We charge £20 across the board though ( apart from the Rangers games which are more), we aren't just ripping off Morton fans.

We were one of the cheapest gates in the top league and the board didn't increase the prices for a good few seasons, so this is them making up for it. Well thats my theory anyway.

We were similar being relegated last season: we'd been at £15 for two or three seasons and were the cheapest in the Championship, so stayed at £15 in League One. We're now at £17, which incredibly is what Dunfermline are charging in League One. :lol:

We were similar being relegated last season: we'd been at £15 for two or three seasons and were the cheapest in the Championship, so stayed at £15 in League One. We're now at £17, which incredibly is what Dunfermline are charging in League One. :lol:

I noticed Inverness v St Johnstone was £26 the other week!

We are paying more and more for a product that is vastly deteriorating in this country.

There must be a point when fans will just stop going.

Don't go then?

I'm not going. I'm working. I'll watch the recording when I get home. For free.

But yours would be a pretty poor attitude if it were from your club, and at that price that seems to be their thinking.

Hope you enjoyed your little holiday above the St Mirren boysies.

Back in your place now though, good lads.

Looks like the only 'little holiday' Lex will be enjoying is a league trip to Elgin next season. Back in your box.

post-11540-14469157963658_thumb.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Looking towards the new year, I'll be seriously worried if we can't extend Gasparotto's loan until the end of the season.

Denny's here until the end of the season, assuming Birmingham don't recall him in the January window (can't see why they would). Losing Samuel would be a blow as well, but without Gasparotto our defence will be hugely exploitable.

Aye, he's been a very good acquisition - we could really do with holding on to him.

Big Denny is becoming more useful, though we don't always play to his strengths and sometimes he looks like a player with a great third touch. IIRC Samuel is only here till January; I don't think we've seen the best of him yet and I hope we'll be able to extend the loan till May - it would probably be best for both clubs and for the player as he'll get much more first team football here than he would back home.

Oooft - since Lex made his all-too-cute 'wind-up' attempt on this thread, The Famous have gone on to win four games on the bounce, with the Spoon-burners left a full 12 (twelve) points in our (glorious) Wake.

Lex

post-11540-14475203585905_thumb.jpg

Saint Mirren

post-11540-14475203585905_thumb.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

• 3 weeks later...

We've got 2 credible strikers fit to play with Peaso not likely to feature much for months. So yes we definitely need more striking options and I would welcome Dece back home.