The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Any chance that you guys have a ground fit for the 19th century yet and not that 16th century dump you had last time we were there?

Figure 21st century is pushing it.

Whatever happened wi the 60minute makeover plans you drew up a few years back when you were nearly ???????????? champions ?????????????

Sorry, couldn't say that wi a straight face ????????????

Give him at least a game before we start abusing him.....

We said the same about Lamie last season and he ended up being one of our best players last season.

I'm happy to reserve judgement on McKeown, I remember nothing of him from last season other than it being from his header that Gaston pulled off the best save of all time on the second last day.

What's far more concerning to me isn't the standard of player we're bringing in, but the positions we're looking at adding to. McPherson said last week that there would only be another three or four signings, after McKeown that means another two or three. We still need an absolute minimum of five IMO, and the most important of them all is a holding midfielder. Yet Duffy's comments throughout the window would suggest that he's not even thinking about a holding midfielder: he'd rather sign yet another centre back then use two of the six we'll then have in holding midfield rather than a real holding midfielder who actually knows how to play the role.

Franko is a 100% winner ,great guy you are lucky to get him, but you guys give him a chance to show what he is made off before you pre-judge.

You play in a three-sided hovel in Grangemouth. Not even an insult; just a statement of fact.

Unlucky.

^^^^^^^^^^ Verge of tears.

Three sided, yes. Hovel, no.

Swing and miss, champ.

Unlucky, and all the other tedious, repetitive one liners that you've been peddling for what seems like aeons.

Hovel, yes; though I suppose beggars watching football in a glorified bus shelter like yourselves can't really be choosers.

Tbh I really don't think you can start slagging off other teams grounds.

Are you going tomorrow to paint your embarrassment of a football ground?

Any chance that you guys have a ground fit for the 19th century yet and not that 16th century dump you had last time we were there?

Figure 21st century is pushing it.

Whatever happened wi the 60minute makeover plans you drew up a few years back when you were nearly champions ?

Sorry, couldn't say that wi a straight face

You're a rid neck.

Big frank is a good defender who was part of the defence that conceded the least goals in the league last season and he also chipped in with 5 or 6 goals ...he is a bit slow and can be done with a ball over the top some times but all in all is a good player ..surprised no one has snapped up rumsby yet as he is faster and is hard as nails and is still only 21.

Unbelievable!!

Go and support the Midden and give us all some peace!!

I'll do that for you, if it gives you some peace! On the other hand, expressing an opinion on an internet forum is hardly worth a comment from another poster. If you don't like it, just don't read it. My opinion has never changed, so I don't see how it can be unbelievable!

Franko is a 100% winner ,great guy you are lucky to get him, but you guys give him a chance to show what he is made off before you pre-judge.

What does being a 'winner' actually mean in this sense? Apart from never actually winning anything obviously.

McKeown was a solid player in a compact defence which played half it's games on a horrible, tiny pitch which played to his strengths. In a better league, in a team that plays a more expansive (or at least tries to) style of football he's likely to get found out. A strange signing really.

What does being a 'winner' actually mean in this sense? Apart from never actually winning anything obviously.

McKeown was a solid player in a compact defence which played half it's games on a horrible, tiny pitch which played to his strengths. In a better league, in a team that plays a more expansive (or at least tries to) style of football he's likely to get found out. A strange signing really.

It was rumsby that held the defence together.

Remember, this is my opinion. Poor signings, players being played out of position, constantly changing the team, losing 12 games in a poor seaside league, getting knocked out of the Scottish cup by Spartans. It took half of the season to assess the squad. The team played as many bad games as they did good ones. IMO, we were lucky that we won the league. So by your reckoning (100% success), all of the above is ok. This season, while other teams are recruiting well, we are not. I'm not constantly negative. In fact, I'm losing interest. Do you winge at the other fans who post negative comments, or is it just me? When Duffy leaves, I expect you will too.