The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Looking very much like Dundee Utd will be joining us... that might close off a route to 1st if they can stop the rot, but there's probably just as much chance they arrive in a clown-car and drive it all season...

I'm guessing Davidson or Coyle might be the most likely to manage them in this division... at least, I hope, for all sorts of reasons, that turns out to be the case...

Morton Club Together surveyed members and have now released details of the outcome:

"A resounding 81% of members voted no to the proposal. This is a clear message regarding the integrity of the Scottish Football Pyramid. We will be recommending to the football club board that they vote no in the upcoming vote."

"While 19% of MCT members voting in favour may seem high to some, delving into the additional comments paints a slightly different picture to an outright a yes vote. In general, members who supported the Conference League were addressing the topic of league reconstruction rather than the introduction of B teams."

"The next step will be for the football club board to discuss the proposal. To reiterate, we have provided them with a full report of members views and have recommended that they vote no to the proposal."

23 minutes ago, forfarton said:

Morton Club Together surveyed members and have now released details of the outcome:

"A resounding 81% of members voted no to the proposal. This is a clear message regarding the integrity of the Scottish Football Pyramid. We will be recommending to the football club board that they vote no in the upcoming vote."

"While 19% of MCT members voting in favour may seem high to some, delving into the additional comments paints a slightly different picture to an outright a yes vote. In general, members who supported the Conference League were addressing the topic of league reconstruction rather than the introduction of B teams."

"The next step will be for the football club board to discuss the proposal. To reiterate, we have provided them with a full report of members views and have recommended that they vote no to the proposal."

I’m not sure of the exact questions that were asked but you can’t really say 81% of our members voted no to the resolution and this is a clear message………but then say the 19% who said yes really meant no as well.

39 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m not sure of the exact questions that were asked but you can’t really say 81% of our members voted no to the resolution and this is a clear message………but then say the 19% who said yes really meant no as well.

They’ve provided a couple of comments from fans on either side of the debate- those against being vehemently against, whilst those in favour expressing their reservations about B Teams in particular.

Whilst it’s a small sample size, it’s fair enough if they feel that the comments represent the members’ feelings more accurately than the results of the poll.

I suspect that, as usual you’re just looking to be facetious, but short of posting every comment on what is a concise statement, I don’t know what more you’re after.

44 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The question was yes/no followed by an opportunity to make any comments. I didn't include any examples in the initial post for the sake of brevity, but those quoted were...

"There should be a more direct route into L2 for the Highland/Lowland league teams such as this conference league. But I do not agree with the B teams."

"Yes I agree with a 5th tier league. Don't agree with B sides being involved and would rather see league being filled with teams from Highland and Lowland leagues. The main reason for B team involvement is money so it is most likely that they will be part of any new league."

I interpret this as

- no to B teams

- yes to league reconstruction 

19 minutes ago, Toby said:

They’ve provided a couple of comments from fans on either side of the debate- those against being vehemently against, whilst those in favour expressing their reservations about B Teams in particular.

Whilst it’s a small sample size, it’s fair enough if they feel that the comments represent the members’ feelings more accurately than the results of the poll.

I suspect that, as usual you’re just looking to be facetious, but short of posting every comment on what is a concise statement, I don’t know what more you’re after.

no that’s fair enough if there was a comments part etc I thought it was a straight yes/no.

On 25/05/2023 at 11:57, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Looking very much like Dundee Utd will be joining us... that might close off a route to 1st if they can stop the rot

I'd suggest that won't be the primary factor closing off 1st to you...

9 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I'd suggest that won't be the primary factor closing off 1st to you...

Well, there may indeed be others.......... 

....... but I really don't expect Airdrie to be amongst them.

So, what's your point here, caller?? 

12 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Well, there may indeed be others.......... 

....... but I really don't expect Airdrie to be amongst them.

So, what's your point here, caller?? 

Just calling out hilariously entitled posts when I see them. I've served a 4 year YTS with Falkirk fans. 

I see Dundee U as all good news.

Won't need to add a new destinations for sat nav.

Know where the good parking is located and eateries 

Always like a city mini break.

As for the Premier playoff please please please let Ross C win.

Don't fancy two trips up Inverness way

PT are a decent derby and carry an away support

Get it right up big Graham

Dunfermline again a decent away trip, ground and recent happy hunting ground plus nearly guaranteed home win.

Airdrie nonplussed a while since I last visited.

Remember parking at ground and hooligans stoning us on the way up a ramp to exit. Though this maybe shite and an induced drunken dream.

Let's go one better in 23/24

On 28/05/2023 at 22:28, cb_diamond said:

Just calling out hilariously entitled posts when I see them. I've served a 4 year YTS with Falkirk fans. 

You’ve misjudged that one then, as you’d have known if you’d regularly read our forum. We ARE hoping for a top four finish next year, but the comment about Dundee Untied (intentional spelling) maybe pipping us for the title would’ve been slightly tongue in cheek.

Still, given the guff you’ll have been subjected to from Failkirk fans over the past few seasons I suppose we should cut you some slack.

You’ve now used it up.

28 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Meh. Pretty dull tbh - last years "off the shelf" was better.

Wouldn't say last years was better with the plain back. Last year's looked like 2 shirts sewn together.

Agree with the meh though.