The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

17 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

McGraw brought through a seemingly endless conveyor belt of really talented players through the late 80s and early 90s and from my now distant recollections his sides were brilliant to watch. 

RIP

Two Scotland internationals got their debuts under him in Hopkin and McInnes as well as many others who went to have solid careers: Alan Mahood, Derek Lilley, Derek Collins, Davie Wylie, Craig McPherson, Brian Reid, John Anderson off the top of my head. The total transfer fees we received on youth products in his time as manager must have been massive.

He'd also been coaching the reserves since the 70s as well, so can claim credit for Joe McLaughlin and Neil Orr among many others.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Two Scotland internationals got their debuts under him in Hopkin and McInnes as well as many others who went to have solid careers: Alan Mahood, Derek Lilley, Derek Collins, Davie Wylie, Craig McPherson, Brian Reid, John Anderson off the top of my head. The total transfer fees we received on youth products in his time as manager must have been massive.

He'd also been coaching the reserves since the 70s as well, so can claim credit for Joe McLaughlin and Neil Orr among many others.

Plus who could forget he brought in Lindberg & Rajamaki.

Listening to Dougies pre match comments and he brought up the supporters booing at half time.

For me he has misinterpreted who the fans were actually booing 

The fans were booing the Ref not the players

Yeah, the half-time booing was 100% aimed at the ref. Not that any particularly egregious decisions had been made, it was just a gradual accumulation of wee instances of letting Cove defenders away with things Morton defenders weren't getting away with and penalising Morton attackers for things Cove attackers weren't being penalised for, but there's no chance that was aimed at the team.