The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

16 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Cheers. Dougie Imrie already has a great track record of getting the best out of his signings, so the future's bright. It's a great signing for us. In his statement, he offered his gratitude to St. Johnstone for allowing this to happen - so fair play to you lads. All the best.

He's probably a decent signing for you - but you will get frustrated when he refuses to put a tackle in sometimes.  He's a total shitebag when it comes to that.

45 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He's probably a decent signing for you - but you will get frustrated when he refuses to put a tackle in sometimes.  He's a total shitebag when it comes to that.

Dougie won’t tolerate that approach, even from his close friend. High intense pressing is essential to how we play under Dougie. We found out with Jaze Kabia that just one forward player not participating in this approach causes the game plan to fall apart. 

23 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Dougie won’t tolerate that approach, even from his close friend. High intense pressing is essential to how we play under Dougie. We found out with Jaze Kabia that just one forward player not participating in this approach causes the game plan to fall apart. 

Crawford isn't capable of that.

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'll give you an update: the only managers in the history of the club with a better second tier record than Imrie are Hal Stewart, Benny Rooney and Tommy McLean, all of whom won it. The job he's doing is unreal.

I wonder if we continue this form how long it will be before he drops his mantra of 'staying in this division' and admits of the possibility of going up.

I like the way he has handled expectations and kept his/the players'/our feet on the ground , but in the post match interview yesterday he did say that 40 points was a target reached in terms of being safe.

He is doing a job well beyond what we might reasonably have expected from a young inexperienced manager and his recruitment has been great too.

Long may it continue.

Edited by Mr Toon
Typo

2 hours ago, Mr Toon said:

I wonder if we continue this form how long it will be before he drops his mantra of 'staying in this division' and admits of the possibility of going up.

I like the way he has handled expectations and kept his/the players'/our feet on the ground , but in the post match interview yesterday he did say that 40 points was a target reached in terms of being safe.

He is doing a job well beyond what we might reasonably have expected from a young inexperienced manager and his recruitment has been great too.

Long may it continue.

I don't think he ever will publicly but its clear from Ali Crawfords comments, the dressing room target is a very different one and I'm absolutely fine with that.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We're 7 points off the top and most Morton supporters would, I think, be delighted to finish in a play-off slot... but I'm going to ask the question anyway (on page 666, no less): will we ever get a better shot at winning this league?

We've experienced enough nightmares, maybe it's time to dream

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We're 7 points off the top and most Morton supporters would, I think, be delighted to finish in a play-off slot... but I'm going to ask the question anyway (on page 666, no less): will we ever get a better shot at winning this league?

I think in 8 days time we’ll be in a better position to answer that. 
It’s deeply frustrating that we chucked 5 points away from winning positions against Arbroath and Inverness last month. We’d be 2 points off top with a game in hand, and a game against QP to play had we held on. 

7 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

i want on your 666 page aswell ya bunch of brokies

You would win the league if your manager wasnt a mug

Will have to defer to your keen knowledge of blowing a title with a fud of a manager. 

AC7044E2-A9A0-41F5-B095-9500EB0537A8.thumb.jpeg.a15e1c3d5afd987a425243a7f8952cdf.jpeg.89d20ba4bed0d6df2c0dcf50a52cf056.jpeg