The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I had a pretty good view of the incident against Arbroath and thought the only reason Jai was sent off was Gaston failing in his attempts to manhandle him out of getting the ball first. Gaston was absolutely raging and kept complaining to the ref until he sent Jai off. I couldn’t understand Gaston’s rage though as it was more what you’d expect if Jai had tried to break his team mate’s leg or something like that. I watched a Wolves player grab the ball out of the net after a late equaliser the same day, and no-one made any objections. That was the only difference I could see.

19 hours ago, colliedug said:

Excuse me for not reading all your forum, but how is the young boy King playing at left back for yous  as he's a pal of mines son. Be honest with your opinion guys

Very well.  Lot of potential based on his performances. Still raw and inconsistent but fully expect that for a 17 year old.

Lovely left foot and if he continues to work hard, he has a right good chance of a decent career IMO.

Horrible feeling its going to be a very quiet week.

The feel good factor of a decent start and new investment is all but gone.

II'll give Dougie some slack as his budget was clearly cut mid pre season before getting more off the Dalrada deal  but he had months to identify and sign a striker and his failed to do so. This f**k up is on him should we fail to get at least one in. Cant use the money excuse when he signed around 10 new players and re-signed Muirhead, Blues etc.

Really frustrating as can't help but feel if we did have some quality attacking options in the door before the start of the season, we would be comfortably better off.

This should have been sorted weeks ago. 

Same old Morton.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Horrible feeling its going to be a very quiet week.

The feel good factor of a decent start and new investment is all but gone.

II'll give Dougie some slack as his budget was clearly cut mid pre season before getting more off the Dalrada deal  but he had months to identify and sign a striker and his failed to do so. This f**k up is on him should we fail to get at least one in. Cant use the money excuse when he signed around 10 new players and re-signed Muirhead, Blues etc.

Really frustrating as can't help but feel if we did have some quality attacking options in the door before the start of the season, we would be comfortably better off.

This should have been sorted weeks ago. 

Same old Morton.

Totally agree that Imrie has to take responsibility for how this has played out... but I think I'm a bit more confident than you about the outcome.

It's clear that he couldn't get the requisite quality up front before the start of the season; we'll see over the next few days if what he's holding out for a. materialises; b. is worth the wait. 

On 26/09/2022 at 15:01, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Totally agree that Imrie has to take responsibility for how this has played out... but I think I'm a bit more confident than you about the outcome.

It's clear that he couldn't get the requisite quality up front before the start of the season; we'll see over the next few days if what he's holding out for a. materialises; b. is worth the wait. 

Still confident??

19 hours ago, Lex said:

The Imrie revolution 🤣
Morton 🤣

What a surprise,  Imrie’s toadie gives you a red dot without deigning to otherwise defend Imrie’s’ clusterf**k of a squad assembly. We are doomed to a future of watching journeymen centre backs and holding midfielders running about a bit pretending to press but playing aimless cross field passes and/or hoof ball as there is no outlet. Sod trying to find and develop creative players. Wouldn’t be surprised if KIng isn’t loaned to Greenock Juniors if he has a dip in form.

Forgive my ignorance guys but are you crippled with injury or just not got enough in your squad, if that's the case the lack of sighnings rightly lies at door of Imrie.

Sorry if you think I'm just having a go but I'm not as I've got a lot of friends down your way.

P.S pump QP on Saturday 

Edited by colliedug
Wrong spelling

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

Forgive my ignorance guys but are you crippled with injury or just not got enough in your squad, if that's the case the lack of sighnings rightly lies at door of Imrie.

Sorry if you think I'm just having a go but I'm not as I've got a lot of friends down your way.

P.S pump QP on Saturday 

They play Queens Park Tuesday night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 20:30, virginton said:

The 3 v 2 was working well in the first half because Crawford was able to get behind their midfield and link up with the forwards. Ayr's back four didn't know how to deal with that threat and it gave us much more threat from midfield than we had before - as well as a better press. 

^^^ kenned the score

Dundee couldn't get the ball out from their own goalkeeper today because the Crawford-led pack was covering all the easy passes.

The key to the current run of excellent form is regaining the balance that Imrie found in January. We lost that as soon as we tried to shoehorn Muirhead alongside Ugwu and Reilly in the same team later last season. The same issue has made the Kabia-Muirhead-Quitongo front line impractical. 

Quitongo's suspension was the accidental trigger for that recovery, as the addition of McGrattan (or a similar type player) to the starting eleven explains why we look like a real team again. It has to be an either/or choice between Kabia and Quitongo from now on - not both, unless we're already chasing a game.