The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Hopefully we can get 1, maybe 2 in next week and go into the Ayr game full of confidence. Dougie has certainly suggested we need players in as opposed to just one so should be an interesting few days. 

Should be a cracker next week and hopefully a big crowd.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Hopefully we can get 1, maybe 2 in next week and go into the Ayr game full of confidence. Dougie has certainly suggested we need players in as opposed to just one so should be an interesting few days. 

Should be a cracker next week and hopefully a big crowd.

The impression I got from Gordon is that we are definitely in the market for at least another.

He was careful with his words but he was upbeat and emphasised that we have the means to avoid bargain basement type players. It just depends on who is available at this late stage.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The Arbroath fans seem to think you’ve signed/are signing Nicky Low from them. 

We were after him at the beginning of the summer but arbroath wanted a fee so I wouldmy be surprised now we've had the investment from the stadium name sale. 

32 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Do you really think Nicky Lowe is all that?

One of Arbroaths best players last season, he would be a good addition and would strengthen our midfield options. Playing 3 in there every week, we need 4/5 good options. 

We need a striker as number 1 priority but happily take Low alongside him and reading between the lines, we have budget for a couple.

A Gillespie-Crawford-Low midfield three is levels above what we could put out even two weeks ago. I'll believe the Low rumour when I see it, but if we end up with that and what remains by far the biggest priority in a centre forward then things are looking a lot healthier.

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Do you really think Nicky Lowe is all that?

Possibly not, but Robbie Crawford has already effortlessly settled into Sir Douglas' specific game plan. A manager with an 80% hit rate and a serious tactical setup is going to do well regardless of the 20% who fail. And Imrie is definitely sussing out those failures. 

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Best place to watch the old firm game next week before our match travelling up from Ayr.

There are no suitable pubs to watch an Old Firm game. I'd rather inject battery acid into my eyeballs than do so. 

15 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Best place to watch the old firm game next week before our match travelling up from Ayr.

Depends which side if the arse you sit on, but from a neutral stance I'd probably go to the Hole in the Wa'.

Edited by MORleyTON

Aye, I've been impressed with Pignatiello. Early days but so far he seems to be a never below 7/10 performer at least every week. Often with an energetic attacking full back who is bombing up the wing a lot at this level you find that defending is a glaring weakness in their game (this was the case with Reghan Tumilty in his first season with us) but we haven't seen that from Pignatiello yet. He's been solid defensively and a threat going forward.

With how much is being expected of full backs getting up and down the wing Imrie is tending to sub the fullbacks to get fresh legs there with 15/20 minutes to go every week, but he's not shown any signs of visibly tiring either.

22 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

He's doing really well! 

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, I've been impressed with Pignatiello. Early days but so far he seems to be a never below 7/10 performer at least every week. Often with an energetic attacking full back who is bombing up the wing a lot at this level you find that defending is a glaring weakness in their game (this was the case with Reghan Tumilty in his first season with us) but we haven't seen that from Pignatiello yet. He's been solid defensively and a threat going forward.

With how much is being expected of full backs getting up and down the wing Imrie is tending to sub the fullbacks to get fresh legs there with 15/20 minutes to go every week, but he's not shown any signs of visibly tiring either.

I'm really pleased to hear that. In a sea of woeful, half arsed players he stuck out for the right reasons last year.

That comment about 7/10 performances is exactly what he was like with us. I doubt many opposition fans noticed him, and he rarely turned in a world beating performance, but I think he had - maybe - one bad game for us (away at Queen's Park). He's just a really solid player with no obvious weaknesses. Played RB/RM/CM/CAM for us too, and looked fairly comfortable in all of them.