The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

33 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Thank you - the hole in my theory is certainly that I don’t know anything about his situation or Hearts plans this season.

Neilson also said in papers that he would like him to go to a part time Championship team on loan before he went back to Alloa in January so he can train with hearts for half the week still

They [Hearts] gave me targets and objectives and I feel I’ve done well. We just need to see what they say,” adds Henderson. “They’ve told me they are happy with me. They wanted me to play every week in a Championship team so I said ‘okay’. I think it’s worked out well.

“I’d be happy to stay at Alloa. It’s a great club and a great bunch of guys. We need to see what happens, if another challenge pops up that maybe catches my eye. I’ll look at my option

He still trains with Hearts and travels to Clackmannanshire for evening sessions twice a week. Keeping him close to the first-team squad at Riccarton was regarded a priority by coaching staff, hence the decision to loan him to a part-time club.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hendo-breaking-goal-records-as-loan-nears-an-end-3515049?amp

Doubt we’ll get Henderson, but this is a good game…

Scott Robinson on loan from Killie as he returns to fitness? Could play either as an attacking midfielder or right up front, so fitting the ‘two for the price of one’ idea. No idea how close he is to full fitness, but might make sense.

I’m happy with that, improves our midfield options and may be the creative spark we require. Was disappointed we missed out on Scott Allan but this may be less risky option.

Crawford is more box to box, energetic midfielder than a creative player.

If he’s played in centre mid he is a decent player. When we had him it was McCalls “tombola” team selection phase and he played Crawford out wide.

He’s a bit lightweight but genuinely think he will be a good signing for you guys.

I'm happy with that. While he's not the out and out creative number 10 type that you could argue we needed, we're still going to be able to offer more creatively with him in the team. With the way the squad is looking, any established Championship player who has proven themselves to be a solid performer at worst over several seasons at this level is a very welcome addition.

All attention turns to who we can add at centre forward now, but the midfield certainly looks a lot healthier with Crawford in the squad.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Crawford is more box to box, energetic midfielder than a creative player.

That's fairly encouraging as we were a bit short on those traits. I'm not fully convinced that Gillespie-fucking Blues-Crawford is going to be up to the job most weeks, but the question marks lie across all of them really. 

A centre forward is still absolutely essential or else we'll be struggling. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm happy with that. While he's not the out and out creative number 10 type that you could argue we needed, 

We don't and never have needed some sand-dancer 'no. 10' figure. A 2009 level Allan Jenkins on the other hand to body the other team's midfield is exactly what's missing. Lyon just hasn't delivered on that potential.