The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Compensation is for players 23 and under

Correct.

But the compensation covers the player's training years which is up to their 21st birthday (or earlier if a tribunal deems that the player completed their training before that).

7 hours ago, madton said:

Apparently still a chance on Nicky Low.

Last I heard Arbroath wouldn't release him and wanted money for him, so unless he's able to convince them before end of window then I don't see a world where we would spend money on a player, especially of his age. 

Would love to have him in the squad though so who knows. 

17 hours ago, port-ton said:

Last I heard Arbroath wouldn't release him and wanted money for him, so unless he's able to convince them before end of window then I don't see a world where we would spend money on a player, especially of his age. 

Would love to have him in the squad though so who knows. 

There is definitely no smoke without fire here and if both Morton and Nicky want the move, you would think the inevitable would happen. Think we will be demanding a decent fee for him as he is under contract.

Strapp signing is terrific news and settles the first choice defence. Still need left back cover, preferably from someone who can cover centre back as well, but that's the defence pretty much sorted.

I really had no hope of keeping him and this means he'll be away for nothing next summer, but that's fine. If the club have played hardball over compensation looking for a substantial fee and no club was willing to stump it then I'm good with that. We get another season out of our best player and it's a sign that the club has moved on from the previous regime who had the piss taken out of them on transfer fees and displayed gross incompetence in letting players we were entitled to compensation for leave for nothing.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Any rumours on where Hamilton would be off to?  By all accounts he had a good year with you guys, but that's his first in many, can't see him getting a team in the top league.

There was a rumour he wasn't keen on travelling to the west coast every other day. So maybe some non-entity with delusions of grandeur like Falkirk will snap him up on a decent wage. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There was a rumour he wasn't keen on travelling to the west coast every other day. So maybe some non-entity with delusions of grandeur like Falkirk will snap him up on a decent wage. 

We have 3 keepers as it is so doubt it will be us.