The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Hopefully we hear officially this week on the rest.

I'd love to keep Wilson, Ugwu, Hamilton and Strapp but if we don't, we need to know now so we can start sourcing replacements. Suspect Ugwu and Strapp are off, hopefully the other 2 stay. I know Hamilton lives in the east so every chance he is trying to source a club closer to home, Kelty, Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk etc. Thought Wilson might have committed after a fresh start under Imrie, maybe he lives east coast too after being with the Pars for  couple of years.

Hopefully Oliver and McLean are away. Good servants, but we need better.

I've heard Lithgow is basically to rest his knee for the next 12 weeks, do next to nothing and will miss the start of the season so guessing we will start with a back 4

8 players in the squad who you'd say are 1st team players but that includes Lyon and Jacobs who have their own issues it seems( i wonder if we are trying to move on Jacobs) and Lithgow who is injured,  so still a long way to go with pre season starting in 2 weeks. 

Promising start to Imrie's first transfer window though.

19 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Was that Hamilton game not the game he was flung in to the middle of a back three for the first time and looked lost? He was then swapped with McLean and moved out to the left and looked absolutely fine again. 

Other than that I don't really remember any other nightmarish performances from him off the top of my head or major troubles reading the game tbh. 

Yeah, that was the game and that was my point as well - you could see some of the weaknesses when exposed. It's all to be expected of a young defender. He came to learn about the game, and you could see why he had to do that (and some of the bumps he had along the way). There was another one down at QotS (when the whole team had a stinker). He's at a stage that he's going to play a part in a good team, but might struggle to bring up the level of those around him (and might struggle in the wrong circumstances) - totally understandable for his age but carries that risk which goes along with that. It's not like Cadden going down to that level, who we all could say with confidence that he brought up the level of those around him while with us. 

He was pretty much as good as can be expected of one of those young English Premier League loans, which is to say that he really needed the experience of proper competitive football but was able to adapt ok on the whole (and actually had some ability and a good attitude). Much better than our other two loan players from that level last season. 

Have tried to renew season ticket on line for last 4 days without success.

Phoned Morton Office but looks like they have taken Friday and Monday as a public holiday.

Anyone got info/help on issue I am facing.

System knows who I am, has got all my details but can't get by Master Card 2nd stage Authentication stage.

Normally second stage validation is through my banking app. On site says passing to Master Card security code 3DSv2 Authentication but site then indicates gmfc has refused to connect. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
why2

Suspect Ugwu and Strapp are off, hopefully the other 2 stay. I know Hamilton lives in the east so every chance he is trying to source a club closer to home, Kelty, Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk etc.

You don't need to worry about us being in for Hamilton. We've already got both Jamie MacDonald and Robbie Thomson still signed up. Ugwu is one we might be interested in though. He was unlucky with injuries before in his last spell. A lot of our support felt we should have kept him.

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

Have tried to renew season ticket on line for last 4 days without success.

Phoned Morton Office but looks like they have taken Friday and Monday as a public holiday.

Anyone got info/help on issue I am facing.

System knows who I am, has got all my details but can't get by Master Card 2nd stage Authentication stage.

Normally second stage validation is through my banking app. On site says passing to Master Card security code 3DSv2 Authentication but site then indicates gmfc has refused to connect. 

I'm having the same issue. I have absolutely no help for you, other than to say that you're not the only one. 

Last year I gave up on the website and signed up for the direct debit instead. I'll try calling the club tomorrow, but I might just end up going down the direct debit route again. 

6 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Think Muirhead will have had offers elsewhere in the Championship or L1, so that might be the reason for a two-year deal.

Or that's just the route we are taking, 2 year deals, when literally everybody else has got one except O'Connor and that is likely his choice more than ours.

On 30/05/2022 at 15:30, madton said:

I'd love to keep Wilson, Ugwu, Hamilton and Strapp but if we don't, we need to know now so we can start sourcing replacements. Suspect Ugwu and Strapp are off, hopefully the other 2 stay. I know Hamilton lives in the east so every chance he is trying to source a club closer to home, Kelty, Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk etc. Thought Wilson might have committed after a fresh start under Imrie, maybe he lives east coast too after being with the Pars for  couple of years.

Hopefully Oliver and McLean are away. Good servants, but we need better.

I've heard Lithgow is basically to rest his knee for the next 12 weeks, do next to nothing and will miss the start of the season so guessing we will start with a back 4

8 players in the squad who you'd say are 1st team players but that includes Lyon and Jacobs who have their own issues it seems( i wonder if we are trying to move on Jacobs) and Lithgow who is injured,  so still a long way to go with pre season starting in 2 weeks. 

Promising start to Imrie's first transfer window though.

Wilson just signed a 2 year with Queen of the South .

Had offers from Championship clubs but like Reilly has come back to Queens .

Great signing for you.

He really came on to a game once he got up to to match sharpness and was hoping he would sign on.

I'm surprised he has took the step down, 2 very good signings for Queens.

I would imagine Dougie will be disappointed, just hope he has a plan B.

Losing Wilson is a terrible start. Very early days and we could feasibly have signings that are an upgrade on Wilson over the next few weeks, but that's us now looking weaker in every area of the park as it stands.

That's a player who's good enough to be a nailed on starter away that we actually had a realistic shot at keeping, unlike McEntee and Brandon who were never going to be back here.

Edited by Dunning1874

Disappointed to lose Wilson. As others have noted, came onto a game after a shaky start and I think he’d have been excellent for us with a full pre-season under him. Tricky position to replace, and it’d be a strange move if he suddenly started playing Jacobs. 

48 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Players come, players go..

Next man up please

That is true you missed out on Reilly and Wilson but you got O'Connor he is a excellent defender really surprised Motherwell released him after a very good loan with us .

Plenty of time and players available 

42 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That is true you missed out on Reilly and Wilson but you got O'Connor he is a excellent defender really surprised Motherwell released him after a very good loan with us .

Plenty of time and players available 

We don't know if we offered Reilly a deal.

I'd be surprised if we never right enough.

It is understandable if two players who have an emotional attachment to QotS went there with the security of a two year deal. There's a decent chance they'll be back in the Championship before long.

If players start choosing permadiddy seaside league fodder like Falkirk ahead of us I'll start worrying