The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

47 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Who's in the running for the Cappielow hot seat?

More likely one of the usual jobbers floating about the Scottish scene,

as someone said earlier that it's time to look out with them,

it'll be interesting,

someone fresh..l ooking for their first chance...

1 hour ago, Bob in Denny said:

Just waiting on the usual 'Job well, done now return to base, agent Guff' .....

Maybe if we were in better form 😂.

Even at that he wasn't popular at StMirren at the end of his tenure. I appreciate the job he did with us, many other Saints fans didn't. Seems to be the only decent job he has done though, other than maybe Queens Park?

Even I was scratching my head at him getting a new deal in the summer. 

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Maybe if we were in better form 😂.

Even at that he wasn't popular at StMirren at the end of his tenure. I appreciate the job he did with us, many other Saints fans didn't. Seems to be the only decent job he has done though, other than maybe Queens Park?

Even I was scratching my head at him getting a new deal in the summer. 

I thought at the time it was an excellent appointment,

steady been there , done that

aye, the two years in the summer was a strange one so off he goes with a tasty payoff.. 

Sadly the manager pool in Scotland is full of the same old , same old charlatans...

Young blood needed...

He kept them up, and he would have kept them up again. You’re eighth in the second tier now, put that position in the diary.
Bizarrely, Morton fans seem to have a higher station than survival in the Championship as their barometer of success. What do you want? Premiership? Ha, history is not the teacher you’d expect it to be, clearly.
I suspect they will look back on this decision as a mistake. It may take teams like Kelty Hearts and even Falkirk giving them a teaching in League One next season before it hits home, but it will dawn on them .

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

He kept them up, and he would have kept them up again. You’re eighth in the second tier now, put that position in the diary.
Bizarrely, Morton fans seem to have a higher station than survival in the Championship as their barometer of success. What do you want? Premiership? Ha, history is not the teacher you’d expect it to be, clearly.
I suspect they will look back on this decision as a mistake. It may take teams like Kelty Hearts and even Falkirk giving them a teaching in League One next season before it hits home, but it will dawn on them .

Dreadful patter

43 minutes ago, Lex said:

Snide .

Gus failed to keep us out of the play off zone last year with a worse record than the sports scientist who had been in charge .

He won zero out of eight league matches this season.

in fact , in twenty four league matches I  charge he won three.

So where is the evidence that he would keep us up ?

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Well if the season finished right now, he would have kept you up. What better evidence you want?

Teams with no league wins at home don’t stay up.

You are remembering Gus as he was in charge at St Mirren as opposed to the reality of only three wins in twenty four league matches at Morton .

Dream appointment is obviously McInnes. Won't happen though. I would have said  Rutkiewicz a month ago but Stirling seem to have fallen off a cliff. Ian Murray  but we won't pay compo. Colin Warnock for the banter would be absolutely hilarious. 

27 minutes ago, shahid khan said:

Dream appointment is obviously McInnes. Won't happen though. I would have said  Rutkiewicz a month ago but Stirling seem to have fallen off a cliff. Ian Murray  but we won't pay compo. Colin Warnock for the banter would be absolutely hilarious. 

Warnock would be fun..

local ties as well..

It won't happen, but imagine the seethe out Dunfermline way if we managed to get Petrie.......   🤣

Back in the real world, Darren Young is available after taking East Fife to the bottom of their division.....   How Morton-ish would THAT be?   🙄

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

33 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

It won't happen, but imagine the seethe out Dunfermline way if we managed to get Petrie.......   🤣

Back in the real world, Darren Ferguson is available after taking East Fife to the bottom of their division.....   How Morton-ish would THAT be?   🙄

How many shandies you had? Darren Ferguson? I assume you mean Darren Young