The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 27/11/2021 at 17:51, Branch Ton said:

There is a certain irony in the fact that you are being white knighted by a twisted wee dick who earned his coin peddling junk food to kids on behalf of a globalised entity. Where does he feature on your opprobriumometer?

No idea who yer on about but, in general, selling food is probably more acceptable than sexual assault.

Kinda weird yer comparing the two to be honest.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Shame your sense of self importance didn't prompt you to attain a better command of syntax before your functioning neuron .deteriorated. The world would be a better place  if you kept your moralistic pish to yourself.

There is a certain irony in the fact that you are being white knighted by a twisted wee dick who earned his coin peddling junk food to kids on behalf of a globalised entity. Where does he feature on your opprobriumometer?

Wtf is this?

On 26/11/2021 at 08:23, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yes the club have made two statements: neither of which address the issue. I don't see what's hard to grasp about that. But you are, unequivocally, a floundering mess so I understand your difficulty in understanding something so basic. You're inability to understand, for instance, the definition of sexual assault had you pathetically trying to insinuate something against me. Like the cowardly refusal of MCT to answer you also hid away rather than explaining what you meant by that previous, now deleted, post. 

You'd be surprised how little I care about sex offenders being reminded of their past crimes. If he doesn't want to be reminded of the time he drove around finding vulnerable women to sexually assault he probably shouldn't have drove around sexually assaulting women. 

And, well, they haven't drawn a line under it have they? They haven't mentioned it at all. Fans have, in reasonably large numbers, and I would say further comment is needed. Even from those who have no issue with the signing have said their refusal to acknowledge fans concerns is an issue. 

I don't attach any importance to P&B or the forum (certainly less than MCT do anyway). And, yes, there was debate and controversy about it and the club refused to acknowledge it then it died down. It's never brought up until the club manage to publicly skirt around it. I don't know if you know what a forum is for but when the club, for instance, publicly release statements condemning chanting about sexual assault, publicly release statements saying they wont be answering questions about the decision to sign a player with previous charges for sexual assault or publicly release statements condemning fans for reminding players about their previous sexual assault charges then I think that makes them worthy topics of discussion. It's the club that bring it up without, actually, bringing it up. It's an elephant in the room.

Also strange that you seem to be able to gauge the wider support of Morton fans despite, clearly, being a Wee Nigel. Who are you canvassing about this? The  majority of Morton fans I know do not frequent this board, only a couple as far as I know, and maybe double that use the Morton board. If anything the ones that use the message boards are more accepting of Lithgow's signing that those who don't. Of the, say, a dozen Morton fans I speak to regularly I know of three who haven't been to Cappielow since he signed. Our average crowd is down about 200 or so from pre-covid levels. There could be many reasons for this and maybe the folk I know who aren't going back while he's there are the only ones doing so. But no-one, not you, I, nor the club can dismiss the idea that crowds are lower than they could be because we signed a sex offender. 

This idea that it is only an issue for a tiny proportion of fans has no basis in reality. It may well be the case but there's no poll that you've conducted to evidence your claims. The Morton board had a wee vote when he signed and it was about 75/25 split not bothered/against the signing. Are we a big enough club to dismiss the worries of a quarter of our fans? Is any club big enough? Considering we are a fan owned club can you think of any other membership led organisation that would just outright dismiss the concerns of a quarter of their members without even acknowledging their concerns?

And the club can make whatever decision they want and we can all congratulate or condemn them for them decisions. If you find the topic so boring you could always ignore those that bring it up but, as usual, you can't help but get the last word in and refuse to let any argument lie which makes your faux-outrage about people still having concerns about the clubs attitude to this all the more hypocritical. 

What a pile of utter self-indulgent crap. Absolute cringeworthy garbage. 

So let’s cut to the chase. There are two very straightforward issues here.  First, the  manager of this football club wished to sign a player. The player is a convicted sex offender who was punished for his crimes and has no history of re-offending. The board at the time, and presumably MCT who were about to take over the club, discussed the matter, gave the go-ahead and the player was signed. No comment regarding the player’s past  was needed, nor was any offered. That’s how signings work. Clubs do not have to comment beyond the usual welcome-to-the -club platitudes; nor do they have to disclose who amongst the decision-makers was for or against the signing. It’s called collective responsibility and is common practice in business. The signing was mildly controversial amongst some of the support but that soon died down - with the exception of a few fans who refuse to let it go, you amongst them. One fan on the Morton board even ran a poll hoping to get an overwhelming majority voting against the signing, but when only a small number voted and voted roughly 3 to 1 in favour of the signing he quietly dropped it as he wasn’t getting the result he wanted. 

Second, the club has since felt it necessary to make two statements in support of their player. Again, they quite rightly did not address his offences because there is no need to do so; he was punished for his crimes and we all move on. The first statement was made in order to stop any repeat of a few numskulls singing a daft wee song that they thought was funny. The second was to condemn abuse aimed at the player after he had been sent off last weekend. And according  to virginton that abuse came from one solitary fan. One. Solitary. Fan. That’s how low the level of feeling is that this matter generates now. The vast majority of the support don’t give Lithgow or any other player a moment’s thought between a quick chat about a Saturday game during the first teabreak at work on Monday and the naming of the team before the next game.

These are the facts, plain and simple. I’m not emotionally involved in this matter at all, I’m simply stating the facts, All the posturing by the likes of you and vt is just mouth music, looking to make a non-issue into an issue. The more you regurgitate the same old lines the more you make yourself look a dick. That’s your prerogative, but it doesn’t have get bloody tedious.

13 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No idea who yer on about but, in general, selling food is probably more acceptable to sexual assault.

Kinda weird yer comparing the two to be honest.

And what about using MDMA before a cricket match given  you have adopted such  an offender's name as your online ID?  Methinks that you are an utter charlatan who simply gets off on faux outrage.

13 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

And what about using MDMA before a cricket match given  you have adopted such  an offender's name as your online ID?  Methinks that you are an utter charlatan who simply gets off on faux outrage.

Personally I'm all for the use of MDMA before any situation. It is a fantastic recreational drug. I highly recommend you give it a go.

But, just so we're keeping score, you think selling food and dropping an ecto are on the same level as hunting down multiple women to sexually assault?

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Personally I'm all for the use of MDMA before any situation. It is a fantastic recreational drug. I highly recommend you give it a go.

But, just so we're keeping score, you think selling food and dropping an ecto are on the same level as hunting down multiple women to sexually assault?

Oh dear, now you truly are just sounding like some fucked up brain dead moralist with a grudge.

I hope  down the line your rehab works well and isn’t interrupted by some deluded loon who thinks it cool to harass MDMA abusers trying to reform. 

5 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Oh dear, now you truly are just sounding like some fucked up brain dead moralist with a grudge.

I hope  down the line your rehab works well and isn’t interrupted by some deluded loon who thinks it cool to harass MDMA abusers trying to reform. 

You might be taking this place a little too seriously m9, trust me, I speak from experience.

24 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

I just want to make sure I've got this right.

You're using the fact that someone sells food for a living giving me a green dot as a way of attacking me. You're using a long dead cricket player enjoying some disco biscuits as a way of attacking me and you think I'm the one who sounds fucked up, brain dead and carrying a grudge?

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I just want to make sure I've got this right.

You're using the fact that someone sells food for a living giving me a green dot as a way of attacking me. You're using a long dead cricket player enjoying some disco biscuits as a way of attacking me and you think I'm the one who sounds fucked up, brain dead and carrying a grudge?

You really are exposing yourself now,---albeit as a complete twit. Your disco biscuits carry a seven year jail time for possession. But heyho let's not let your appetite for them and your condoning the actions of sportsmen users get in the way of posting endless moralising pish filled with pejorative assertions about players.

Edited by Branch Ton
Typo

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You really are claiming having the odd illicit substance is worse than sexually assaulting vulnerable women in front of their children?

Incredulous

Oh playing the old *when did you stop beating your wife?" sidestep are we.

Next you will be telling us you only buy the odd illicit class A drug from sustainably sourced suppliers with low carbon footprints who don't sell to children and pay VAT and IT.

Interesting too that your incredulity seems to prevent you commenting upon why you seem to condone a player taking a class A drug but continue to libel a rehabilitated offender.

Good fucking riddance. He should never have been given a contract in the summer and should have been sacked at least two months ago, but at least it's finally done.

Factually the worst Morton manager in 20 years on his results, and when you go beyond the stats to look at the circumstances managers were working in he's a genuine contender for the worst in my lifetime.

I am shocked.

But then again I know f**k all about football and I wanted him dumped.

Must have been numbers cancelling direct debits forced the issue.

After today I thought of withholding but now back on board.

On 17/10/2021 at 12:57, virginton said:

Why should McPherson be given the next three games? His performance has been useless from start to finish and there is no sign of an upward trajectory; if the team continues on the same level of performance between now and the end of this month, then it will be a steep uphill task for any replacement to get the squad out of trouble.

The correct time to act is now, so that either a replacement or even a caretaker can put in place fresh ideas for those games. 

^^^ kenned the score all along

1779059997_download(53).jpeg.f1c939c6b0e77775cd1f7f7145ca88aa.jpeg

That the board are a mere seven weeks behind events is a relief. 

Gus must have known he needed the win today and even a draw wouldn't have been good enough.

So it baffles me on how he can make a team selection like that. What little creativity we have were all benched - Lyon, Oliver, Allan etc

He went out hoping for the narrowest of wins and nearly cost us the game. He only has himself to blame for being far too negative when we needed to throw caution to the wind.

His delay in making signings pre-season has also come back to bite him. The loan signings haven't been great and he waited till the last minute to get them. You could say they were panic signings in the end up and contributed to his sacking.