The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's nobody at the club with the authority or money to punt him. 

We will do nothing until we punt the shonky accountant and his sustainability spreadsheets  To gives us any chance of competing the   playing budget should have been available in full prior to day one.  Instead we are left trying to finance new signings out of cash flow from a pull of injury prone dross. 

That's a poor close season, which is a pity we have a very decent forward line now.

The squad even for this stage in the season is far, far too small.

And also, I am and will remain a member of the MCT, but I'm starting to get the fear. Let's hope it's unfounded. 

I don't have a problem with him signing tbh. I stated that at the time. Won't catch me cheering his name though, and I can understand why people may feel differently.

I wasn't quite sure what I heard up at Firhill on Saturday other than his name as part of a song, but if it's what I read on Twitter (including someone defending it as something to cheer him up on a bad day or words to that effect) then it's absolutely right to call it out. 

Similarly, maybe I was being naive in thinking that the booing during the taking of the knee was directed at the Thistle players who remained standing.. now I'm not so sure.

Edited by #Gary

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

image.png.fa1b478a2095b63b2eab60fd020fd2fc.png

Singing about sexual predators = wrong
Signing sexual predators = okay

They’re right to condemn it; to ignore it entirely would have been unacceptable.

And the issue of whether he should have been signed is closed. I wouldn’t personally have gone ahead with it, but it’s done and we need to move on.