The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, cappiecat said:

I understand that no-one can be skelped in a forum.

Maybe you meant that if he asked you face to face, in most situations, you'd skelp him?

Glad to see you have at least a modicum of intelligence then.

I don't believe in violence, but I know a fair few people that would take that attitude, yes.

Call that a 'tough' upbringing,  a 'neanderthal' attitude, or whatever. Fact remains, a lot of people would/could react in that way.

Happy?

Oh, and thanks for bringing mental health in your previous post.

Edited by baba douche
Added content

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

Oh, and thanks for bringing mental health in your previous post.

Only intended as a throwaway line, not an amateur diagnosis, I apologise for any offence caused.

On 08/06/2021 at 09:34, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Still, no matter what shit was thrown at the wall over the season, or the reasons for it, it's clearly the fact it worked v Airdrie that has made McPherson decide he can get a tune out of Muirhead.

Perhaps allied to Muirhead’s confession in the tele, which may have been part of his signing discussions:

“I really hope I’m now beginning to turn a corner.

"If I am being brutally honest, I have been stuck in a rut for three years now. 

“My confidence has been at an all-time low but now, after the last few weeks I now know I can still do it. 

1 hour ago, ki11ie said:

What was Mcginn like for yous last season? Still a good player for championship at his age?

The only game he really impressed me was against Airdrie where even Robbie Muirhead looked world class but he certainly improved as the season went on and he got more games. He was alright but we spent a good while playing with both him and Jacobs as DM in the same team so he was in quite a limited role

9 hours ago, ki11ie said:

What was Mcginn like for yous last season? Still a good player for championship at his age?

Will do well if he’s fit, playing regularly... and in a midfield three. Possibly doesn’t have the legs to play in a two (unless you’re putting Kante in alongside him), but - like very few players in this league - he has the ability to run a game.

Scored a few screamers but can easy disappear in a game and not do very much for long spells. There's a player in there and think he will probably have a good season in League 1,  playing for a team who should be on the front foot most weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

McGuffie.. What can we expect?

Quality in small doses! He’s scored goals of outrageous quality but only seems to be in the game for fleeting moments. He’s one of those frustrating players whose inconsistency is not only game to game but also during each game. If  your manager can somehow get him to perform consistently then you’ll have a talent on your hands.

13 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

McGuffie.. What can we expect?

From an Ayr United POV McGuffie was one of these players who looked great coming off the bench and would then be rewarded with a start the following game and be anonymous and hooked off early.

Nesbitt will get by players all game long then kick the ball out of play.

McGuffie will get by a player once a fortnight and score a beauty occasionally.

Both going to frustrate you in different ways but should do better in league one.

Edited by #Gary

One year deal for Ledger, McAdams confirmed away.

Disappointed to lose McAdams, but I was resigned to losing the two of them and Jacobs so only losing one of those three isn't so bad. Obviously it's the hardest one to replace, but get that goalkeeper signing right and the defence is looking fine.

I hope Ledger gets a proper run at centre back.

McAdams certainly not the finished article and lacked experience which showed at times. Great potential though and one for the future.

Ledger was my player of the season so happy he has signed on again - hopefully at CB