The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up joining the Ayrshire Brain Trust with Hopkin, Duffy and Timmins

I would unless he comes in simply as a fitness coach or whatever it is that he was doing before being Hopkins assistant. I’d say we’ve got enough coaches now.

52 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not that bizarre that they don't want to talk if there's a messy employment/contract situation going on.

"Anton is still under contract with the club" would have sufficed.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would unless he comes in simply as a fitness coach or whatever it is that he was doing before being Hopkins assistant. I’d say we’ve got enough coaches now.

When Hopkin starts to hoard something, never expect him to think he has 'enough'.

See the 2020/21 Morton squad and shan, sand-dancing forwards who couldn't score.

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I realise you're only looking to score points/start an argument/be a smartarse here, but much more relevant is that McGuffie played the full match at Montrose and half an hour against them at Cappielow, scoring a worldie right at the death. 

That'll be a swing and a miss, then, champ. 😁

Not even remotely relevant to the claim that Airdrie were doubling and tripling up on this Messi-esque threat, unless there was a particularly close-fought struggle over a commemorative corner flag. 

dougalflag.gif.661f720136aace4c504e0b4d2980eb12.gif

Thanks for playing anyway. 

7 hours ago, virginton said:

McGuffie played nine minutes against Airdrie once the tie was already 4-0 on aggregate, so we can safely write off this fantasist account. 

Aye, and when he came on, the Airdrie players doubled up on him, as they’d been told to, as did the Montrose players.

I wasn’t actually talking about what McGuffie did in those games (although if I was, the goal against Montrose would have been quite something to talk about); I was talking about how other managers reacted, a clear sign they regarded him as a threat.

It’s not hard.

Alan Lithgow in on a 2 year contract.

Cracking signing imo. I thought we should've signed him years ago when we had had him in on trial but I seem to recall negative reaction from fans at the time due to his previous in his personal life.

Edited by #Gary

10 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Alan Lithgow in on a 2 year contract.

Cracking signing imo. I thought we should've signed him years ago when we had had him in on trial but I seem to recall negative reaction from fans at the time due to his previous in his personal life.

Quite a bizarre way of describing the reaction to signing a convicted sex offender.

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye, and when he came on, the Airdrie players doubled up on him, as they’d been told to, 

Lol wut

No they didn't. They were 4-0 down on aggregate with ten minutes to go. They couldn't have given less of a toss if we had brought McGuffie or fucking Sancho off the bench, the game was over. 

I haven't seen anyone double down on something this moronic since your Sturgeon will resign pledge on the Politics forum. 

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

Quite a bizarre way of describing the reaction to signing a convicted sex offender.

How do you want me to describe it?  A positive reaction? 

I didn't say it was the wrong reaction, I'm just saying that's the only reason we didn't sign him back then, as he was pretty good on the park during his trial and would have been signed had it not been for the feedback from the fans.

He's a cracking signing in that he's a very good central defender. Pretty hard to disagree with that, but I'm sure you'll try.

1 minute ago, #Gary said:

I didn't say it was the wrong reaction, I'm just saying that's the only reason we didn't sign him back then, as he was pretty good on the park during his trial and would have been signed had it not been for the feedback from the fans.

It's a bit weird that when we were ran by the Raes the fans were able to politely explain that they didn't want someone who whipped his dick out in front of women and children in order to intimidate them for his own sexual gratification. Now that we're ran by the fans (in theory) we have to lump it. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Lol wut

No they didn't. They were 4-0 down on aggregate with ten minutes to go. They couldn't have given less of a toss if we had brought McGuffie or fucking Sancho off the bench, the game was over. 

I haven't seen anyone double down on something this moronic since your Sturgeon will resign pledge on the Politics forum. 

Politics thread for this pish.

And I’m beginning to think you don’t actually watch us, which makes the confidence with which you assert that you’re not wrong all the more ridiculous.

You’ve had a bad year, but don’t worry, you’ll be right about something some day.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Politics thread for this pish.

And I’m beginning to think you don’t actually watch us, which makes the confidence with which you assert that you’re not wrong all the more ridiculous.

You’ve had a bad year, but don’t worry, you’ll be right about something some day.

How much money have you paid out on your ludicrous bets so far? 'Losing money on a football forum because of your pea-brained arguments were demolished' is a pretty strong candidate for a bad year champ. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Oooft nice nonce lads. 

Steady now, he'll be at Falkirk after your next batch signing of Morton cast offs.