The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 29/05/2021 at 21:24, madton said:

Interesting. 

His goal ratio of a little over 1 in 2 this season suggests he is a player but respect your opinion having seen him every week 

If only we had a striker with that ratio.

Last striker we had with a 1 in 2 ratio was Alex Williams!

On 29/05/2021 at 16:14, virginton said:

I voted for the deal but suspect that the dissenting vote wanted to tell the Rae family to shove their 'we get the car park though' condition up their arses. A sentiment that I sympathise with entirely. 

The Raes produced about 17 different plans for the club: most of which were unmitigated disasters. The new regime gets goodwill but not a free pass because they've got a plan.

Someone with your business acumen and football nous should be an integral part of the new regime Baldrick. At least then the plan would be a cunning one.

If data breaching Bishop Len Brennan can worm his way in the bar can’t be set very high.

45 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Someone with your business acumen and football nous should be an integral part of the new regime Baldrick. At least then the plan would be a cunning one.

If data breaching Bishop Len Brennan can worm his way in the bar can’t be set very high.

One chump who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the brains' trust is yourself, who spent all those years white knighting for 'Hoppy' against scepticism that he was a ginger fraud, only for your big hero to confirm that in spades. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

One chump who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the brains' trust is yourself, who spent all those years white knighting for 'Hoppy' against scepticism that he was a ginger fraud, only for your big hero to confirm that in spades. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

No I’m coated in an ever higher grade of Teflon than you. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

JpSobIbz2u4N6xay5c.gif

On 30/05/2021 at 22:33, DreamOakTree1 said:

Last striker we had with a 1 in 2 ratio was Alex Williams!

On 31/05/2021 at 08:23, virginton said:

Declan McManus got 20 in 32 in 2014/15.

13 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Was he not on loan?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

What's your point? 

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Go on, read back and use your fact based analytical skills to  make a guess.  You’ll feel better if you do.

Unless you're going to argue that having a player on loan somehow doesn't count as them ever having played for you, VT isn't the person needing to reread this exchange to avoid making a tit of themselves.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Unless you're going to argue that having a player on loan somehow doesn't count as them ever having played for you, VT isn't the person needing to reread this exchange to avoid making a tit of themselves.

I’m not arguing anything. Dream’s point was evident to me. 

Nice to know that the Poundshop PhD guy has a research lackey now. 

23 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Go on, read back and use your fact based analytical skills to  make a guess.  You’ll feel better if you do.

I was asking the organ grinder, not the monkey. Thanks for playing anyway chump. 

Following the conclusion of season 2020/21, we can now provide an initial squad update in relation to players that will be departing the club upon expiry of their contracts in the coming weeks.

Shaun Rodgers, Justin Johnson, Rabin Omar and James Wallace will all be leaving Cappielow when their contracts expire next week.

We would like to thank each of them for their time and efforts whilst playing in a Morton jersey and wish them all the best for the future.

The club are currently in discussions with the remaining squad members and will provide a further update where possible.

I mean.. McGinty is gone so the worst possible scenario has been avoided

17 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Worrying update from the club this morning imo.

It looks like we're trying to keep a lot of the dross from last season...

It's an initial squad update. That doesn't mean the rest are going to be offered contracts.