The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's been decent for us and probably should've played more. That said, I think it's clear League 1 is his level, he makes some truly mental decisions with the ball. James Wallace looks a player though and it's scandalous that Duffy has used him so sparingly since he came to us. His touch is excellent and he always looks to drive the team forward, can probably do a bit too much at times and lose the ball but I don't blame him in our squad of Lowland League jobbers. He's had two MOTM awards, one on Tuesday there which was fully deserved and the other he won after coming on in the 80th minute, which I suppose shows how poor our current squad is. Would love to see him come back to us and work under a gaffer that doesn't play a horrendous style of football. 

Nothing against Omar personally. He just looked woefully out of his depth any time he got game time for us.

Glad Wallace is doing OK. Weird he never got a sniff when our forward options despite having literally hundreds of them, are woeful at best. 

Glad you took both then off our hands for the rest of the season, just wishing you had taken Orsi also.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Nothing against Omar personally. He just looked woefully out of his depth any time he got game time for us.

Glad Wallace is doing OK. Weird he never got a sniff when our forward options despite having literally hundreds of them, are woeful at best. 

Glad you took both then off our hands for the rest of the season, just wishing you had taken Orsi also.

Wallace is probably not a striker tbh, I thought he was best played behind the striker but he played out wide on Tuesday and was good there too. 

How has Markus Fjortoft been with you guys? Always been impressed when he's played against us, but seems to be a bit of a bit part player in a defence that contains Sean McGinty & Brian McLean?

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

How has Markus Fjortoft been with you guys? Always been impressed when he's played against us, but seems to be a bit of a bit part player in a defence that contains Sean McGinty & Brian McLean?

Should have played every game. But then, so should several others. Our plethora of 'managers' all felt differently for reasons only known to them.

Impressed with him.

Would start him up front tonight.

On 07/04/2021 at 13:03, Rudolph Hucker said:

If Arbroath manage to scramble a few points from their remaining games (and they certainly have more forward momentum than us or Ayr) then it's gonna be pretty ironic if the guy who left us in mid-season manages to keep Ayr out of ninth at Morton's expense.......    🤥

.......another case of Crawford shooting himself in the foot.

On 07/04/2021 at 21:15, virginton said:

If you're the sort of idiot who believes that 'Hoppy' would be doing any better with the absolutely dung squad that he assembled in the first place, sure.

On 07/04/2021 at 22:42, Rudolph Hucker said:

Nonsense. All it would take is for Hopkin to do better than the guy he replaced at Ayr and Gus not to do better than he is now. Straightforward stuff -  there’s another variable in the equation outside of Morton, Einstein; take off the blinkers.😝

On 07/04/2021 at 23:16, virginton said:

You might want to check in with Ayr fans to see how highly they rate the job he's doing with a significantly better squad. In any case, unless Crawford Rae is also bestowed with a crystal ball, where our former manager found employment weeks after his own decision to depart the club is completely irrelevant and not even remotely 'ironic' either.

Thanks for playing anyway, chump.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

On 07/04/2021 at 23:42, Rudolph Hucker said:

Ahh, so all of a sudden you agree that there is not only the Morton dynamic at play here........    now that I’ve pointed it out to you. 😁

And how well Hopkin is actually doing or NOT doing is irrelevant to the point that I made. Which letter of that little word “IF” are you not understanding? And when did you start to pay the slightest heed to anything that Ayr fans said anyway??
You’re  clutching at straws here, chump. You hate to see it.

Well, to be honest I don’t,  actually. 

😁

*sigh*.......   

Like I said, it’s ironic that Hopkin keeps up a side at the expense of a team he would most likely have taken down.

Normally I’m delighted to point and laugh at the munter that is vt.  It’s one of the benefits of objective fact-based analysis. Today, not so nice to be proven right once again. 🙄

Aahh, f**k it - small mercies, an’ all that.    ROON YE, VT!!

We’ve still got the playoffs to “look forward to”.........   👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker