The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

51 minutes ago, Paco said:

Presumably Morton have been spooked by the return of League 1? Chairman refusing to appoint a manager or even attempt to improve the team if it wasn’t necessary?

I think the run of 1 win in 11 and the likes of QOTS & Arbroath getting their act together gave them a boot up the arse. Thank god it eventually did. 

52 minutes ago, Paco said:

Presumably Morton have been spooked by the return of League 1? Chairman refusing to appoint a manager or even attempt to improve the team if it wasn’t necessary?

Chairman who is desperate to get the f**k out of Dodge without spending another bean fears his escape route takeover is at risk of disappearing so shat it.

Colville, Lyon, Jacobs and McGinn are a really good set of central midfield options and we now have genuine depth there, with a competitive Championship midfield even if one is injured.

I'm impressed by MacPherson's ruthlessness here. One training session was enough of a look at Blues, Omar and Millar to realise the massive drop off in quality we have in that area of the park and he hasn't fucked about in fixing it.

Edited by Dunning1874

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm impressed by MacPherson's ruthlessness here. One training session was enough of a look at Blues, Omar and Millar to realise the massive drop off in quality we have in that area of the park and he hasn't fucked about in fixing it.

If he had already watched the team four times as a scout, then he was already 8 times past Sir David Irons' entirely factual 45 minute judgment rule for a haddy. 

Blues and Omar could have been done in fifteen no bother. 

Will be keeping an eye on Morton to be honest I do anyway as I have two Morton die hards as mates. Gave one of them a loan of my van. He returned the keys and thanked me. Next morning when I went out was greeted with Morton tops put over the front seats. I returned this kind gesture by putting  a St Mirren sticker on his front and rear bumper.  Yes we are still mates.  

The band getting back together to save our old rivals/pals from seaside league obscurity. 

You just fucking love to see it. 

Hopefully Gus, Andy and Stevie McGinn turn things around. I look forward to Barry Lavety and Mark Yardley coming in as fitness coaches in the summer. 😂

14 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Stephen McGinn incoming.

Garry Brady was unavailable. 

In all seriousness, that's a very good signing for Morton. The signing of McGinn was the reason we stayed up in 2017. 

I'd have kept him this season too, OK he wasn't first choice but during out 6 game losing streak I felt we were crying out for someone like him. He's only 32 as well, so not exactly over the hill.