The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

24 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

we can’t even have another save morton  match until fans are allowed back.

when such a match is possible may i suggest playing it at the smisa stadium for a bigger crowd.

st mirren fc-saviours of morton through the years.

This wind up would work better if it wasn't for the fact that Cappielow has a larger capacity than your shoebox. Would have thought you'd be aware of that as someone who's so fucking obsessed with their rivals you have an avatar and signature about us.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Morton have been living in la la land for decades. The fact they invented administration for Scottish football clubs when their last sugar daddy pulled the pin should have been warning enough for Morton fans, but no. They loved to revel in, and gloat at, others misfortunes whilst they were nourished by the Rae tit.

It’s sad to see once big clubs go but nobody has done this to Morton. The fans lapped up the old boy pumping millions in. The warning signs were all there.

We have too many ‘senior’ clubs in Scotland - have done for years. A cull is coming and and with the Rae’s finally saying enough is enough, it looks like starting in Greenock.

🤪

There have been some sensible, informed and worthwhile posts on here about Morton’s situation.

.......and then there’s the one above.  About as accurate as an after-match interview with McPake. 😄

43 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This wind up would work better if it wasn't for the fact that Cappielow has a larger capacity than your shoebox. Would have thought you'd be aware of that as someone who's so fucking obsessed with their rivals you have an avatar and signature about us.

it may have a bigger capacity but come on.i have had more people in the house at new year than what you lot get through the turnstile 😂

you could always sell our old stand for scrap to get a few quid.remember when you lot were going to renovate crappielow?😂

any r.i.p.

57 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

it may have a bigger capacity but come on.i have had more people in the house at new year than what you lot get through the turnstile 😂

you could always sell our old stand for scrap to get a few quid.remember when you lot were going to renovate crappielow?😂

any r.i.p.

I'm not even sure why St Mirren consider Morton as rivals. St Mirren are actually a proper size club with some form of fan base, whereas Morton are just so tin pot.  

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

no way you’ll ever be in the top league again mate,not ever.😂

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

I'm not even sure why St Mirren consider Morton as rivals. St Mirren are actually a proper size club with some form of fan base, whereas Morton are just so tin pot.  

Not that often you see two crap fishermen trying their luck in the same spot, is it?

39 minutes ago, sick boy said:

it is so cute how much that game means to Morton fans, best result in many many years

Not at all, beating ra Cellic in the League Cup quarter final at their own midden, plus several other games I could mention,  puts that game firmly in its place.

But yes, after all that went on between us that season it was very sweet indeed to be the ones to all but consign you to relegation. Don't bother to pretend that it didn't hurt all the more that it was us.

😁

2 hours ago, sick boy said:

it is so cute how much that game means to Morton fans, best result in many many years

Falkirk fans like yourself launched a pitch invasion for a 1-1 draw in the precious meeting, that directly contributed to you being relegated.

The gift that just keeps on giving.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Falkirk fans like yourself launched a pitch invasion for a 1-1 draw in the precious meeting, that directly contributed to you being relegated.

The gift that just keeps on giving.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

Morton will and always will be a pub team, league positions change, stature and diddyness does not. hth

It's good to see some Falkirk fans back here again, they haven't shown up often since they were making alias accounts to celebrate such signing coups as Gregor Buchanan and Charlie Telfer.

Tinpot Morton - swaggering into the playoff positions in the Championship

Not tinpot Falkirk - forced to postpone seaside league games because their stadium is falling to bits

Both established and Establishment: when the going gets tough, the national government even sends out a wee £500k cheque to support Scottish football's true big-hitters.

No wonder they handed out a pittance to the seaside leagues instead when tinpot outfits like 'Falkirk' can't even wind up the generator to turn on the floodlights in their shan, three-sided dump of a ground.

The SNP only backs winners.

fd09c741-bedb-4e25-9225-a1288465c2bc.jpg.112a4038efad1a9bb85f42bc19f4cc61.jpg

Edited by vikingTON