The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

15 hours ago, TheGoon said:

...What is the question? 

I think it's,   who is the shitest team  Morton or Queens and which one is destined for the drop? The answer however became fairly evident after yesterday's fiasco at Palmerston. 

On 25/10/2020 at 21:49, Jan mosniack said:

Probably correct but we rather astonishly were victorious at Greenock. Was just wondering what the Morton fans expectations were for this season.

Morton fans feared the worst, mainly due to our defensive frailties and lack of goals. Defensively, despite shipping 2 goals against your rabble, we have looked better than expected so grinding out enough points for lower mid-table mediocrity, now looks likely. 

Our only other expectation, is QOS heading to the seaside.

On 28/10/2020 at 14:39, Jamie_M said:

Morton fans feared the worst, mainly due to our defensive frailties and lack of goals. Defensively, despite shipping 2 goals against your rabble, we have looked better than expected so grinding out enough points for lower mid-table mediocrity, now looks likely. 

Our only other expectation, is QOS heading to the seaside.

Ah not so down beat. It Raes last stand so it's important we do not drop down and lose a year building the new community club.

I felt 6th was within our reach but RR look to had stole a March on us already.1

Still having seen our first four games feel 7th is still easily manageable.

The big question is will this short season and no away supporters favour Alloa and Arbroath who both have punched above their weight .

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Anything we do this season will be in spite of Rae, not because of him.

Agree.

Point I was seeking to make that the Rae family involvement and influence will reduce to their hold on the stadium and we need a status quo  at the season end so as the MCT kick off without any further hurdles by way of a relegation.

Well sick Toby has returned.

What's with you and the red dots. Do you really not like my posts.

Do you think I am going to stop posting because you are stalking me?

You are one childish boy, go get a life ,you will note I don't  red dot your posts,take a hint.

Ok so I missed an opportunity to sign back into the Morton forum years ago and if you can't accept what I said fuxk you.

Lockdown is affecting you hard you need to get out and get some fresh air.

For your info I don't live on dots but in real life and am happy to post here so I regret responding to your fishing as I have a life which includes supporting Morton and having banter with other generally reasonable football minded supporters.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Toby sickness

• 1 month later...

Where does he actually go from here? He’d obviously made a name for himself at Livingston but his disastrous stint at Bradford and mediocre time at Morton will have just about undone all that work. Put that with people now realising that a lot of the good stuff at Livi was down to Martindale and you have to wonder if there’s another full time team in Scotland that would be overly enthusiastic to have him right now.

I'm not going to pretend to be a fan but its the 3rd manager to walk out in a very short space of time 2 of which are due to board room shenanigans.

Not disappointed at losing Hopkin, delighted at losing Timmins, but hopeful that Crawford Rae gets to f**k away from this club asap.

Edited by #Gary

36 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Was he in the TTG category? Not sure but not arsed at all that he's away. 

I'd have been fine with him seeing out his contract until next season for stability's sake and to see if he could build a half-decent team again once this dead rubber season is over. I'm not convinced he'd have hung around under the new board though, so the timing rather than the fact of his departure this season is the surprise here.

His wagon-circling to protect Muirhead and other diddies against the big bad fans on social media who don't understand the terrible sacrifices ma players huv made by, erm, signing a professional contract and still swanning in to a 'full time' job in the middle of a pandemic/economic collapse was extremely grating over the past few months, so that can get in the bin now as well.

Hopefully Muirhead, Blues, Orsi, Omar and 'James Wallace' follow him swiftly out the door. 

Edited by vikingTON