The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

20 hours ago, Toby said:

That’s the same boy you dug up on Twitter a while ago for lifting Stenhousemuir’s image on Twitter and not crediting them.

He’s a local Celtic fan who passed himself off as a Morton fan to get favour with the support and was called out by most of the arsehole element (I mean that in the nicest possible way as I was front row and centre). Over lockdown a lot of us felt he was trying to weasel his way into a voluntary role dealing with Morton’s social media, in spite of a Morton supporting university student filling the post in a part time paid role. He denied having such intentions, but lo and behold the lad in the role was relieved of his duties and it appears Callum has stepped in.

Callum denies this, but many, myself included, don’t believe his protestations of innocence.

Morton fans love to fight each other of course, so I suspect you’ll hear another side of the story.

Basically this - to many it appears he scabbed a furloughed club employee's job to get himself and his podcast ahead. Maybe that's not the case and he denies this but that is where it all started.

In case you missed it. Here’s a cameraman who actually films the goals!

Edit - it has just been pointed out to me that the cameraman was the same! Frustrating to say the least!!

Edited by BIGdavieT

21 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Sorry Dunning1874 , all players feel they could play in Premiership not necessarily will play in the Premiership.

There is always Livingston, Hamilton or might I say St Mirren.

Actually not a bad read and does seem to have some gray matter.

As for Charlie himself, I thought he was a good player but lacked the engine required to play at that level

Telfer makes it totally clear in that interview why his career has gone backwards, while apparently still failing to understand it himself; completely lacks the mentality to be a top-level player, which means that whatever ability he has is nowhere near enough to overcome the physical limitations.

Him and McKee should form a 'ma heid wisnae right' club.... we're well rid of both.

On 08/10/2020 at 13:20, Francesc Fabregas said:

What's the story here?

It gets worse. After rightly receiving pelters for appearing at Cappielow under god knows what guise when us fans were locked out, he then posted a screenshot of an abusive email that he allegedly received about the 10th anniversary of his father's death.

Turns out he also showed the time of the email on the screenshot but didnt tweet about his father's anniversary until 3 hours later so no one would have known it was his anniversary.

The only logical explanation is that he sent the abusive email to himself. 

8 hours ago, Canoeist said:

It gets worse. After rightly receiving pelters for appearing at Cappielow under god knows what guise when us fans were locked out, he then posted a screenshot of an abusive email that he allegedly received about the 10th anniversary of his father's death.

Turns out he also showed the time of the email on the screenshot but didnt tweet about his father's anniversary until 3 hours later so no one would have known it was his anniversary.

The only logical explanation is that he sent the abusive email to himself. 

..... except that isn't the "only" logical explanation at all, is it? An email could've been sent at that time by anyone who knows him and/or the family well. 

I'm not remotely interested in the guy and his behaviour, as he certainly seems to be an "ooh look at me" type, but your post is yet another example of people on here failing to give much thought to the whole picture and instead just seeing what they want to see and posting bollocks about it. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

..... except that isn't the "only" logical explanation at all, is it? An email could've been sent at that time by anyone who knows him and/or the family well. 

I'm not remotely interested in the guy and his behaviour, as he certainly seems to be an "ooh look at me" type, but your post is yet another example of people on here failing to give much thought to the whole picture and instead just seeing what they want to see and posting bollocks about it. 

The key here is understanding the timeline and if you're 'not remotely interested in the guy' it's the reason you havent. Let me explain.

Last Wednesday he got rag dolled on twitter by a guy who proved he had been using a fake account since January. 

Callum then posted the ends of the guy's email address (mr************@gmail.com) which you can only get by starting the process to change a twitter password of someone you dont know. So it's fairly obvious he's not that keen on the guy he just had an exchange with. He most likely hates him.

Then on Saturday at 9.52am, he posts about it being his father's 10th anniversary of his death. This is followed by posting an abusive email he received about his father's death. The purpose of posting this is to show who it is from. It's from (yes you've guessed it) mr***********@gmail.com, hes trying to invite abuse to the guy who exposed his fake account and get him off his case. The problem with posting the email was that he left the time on it, 6.53am which proves that he received an abusive email about his father's anniversary when no one actually knew it was his father's anniversary.

So yes, it's the only logical reason.

I've got no time for the boy but I don't think it's quite as cut and dried as that. I'd presume that he has referred to the anniversary at least once in previous years as well: it wouldn't take too much of a timeline trawl then to pull it up beforehand. I can think of a few weirdos in the Morton fanbase who actually have gone to far greater lengths of creeping around to fuel their online feuds since Bucketgate. The other explanation is certainly plausible and both are reprehensible in entirely different ways. It's an extremely grubby situation all round tbh.

Regardless of this, the sooner that attention-seeker gets his big gig doing the candlelit vigils at Celtic Park the better.

Edited by vikingTON

59 minutes ago, Canoeist said:

The key here is understanding the timeline and if you're 'not remotely interested in the guy' it's the reason you havent. Let me explain.

Last Wednesday he got rag dolled on twitter by a guy who proved he had been using a fake account since January. 

Callum then posted the ends of the guy's email address (mr************@gmail.com) which you can only get by starting the process to change a twitter password of someone you dont know. So it's fairly obvious he's not that keen on the guy he just had an exchange with. He most likely hates him.

Then on Saturday at 9.52am, he posts about it being his father's 10th anniversary of his death. This is followed by posting an abusive email he received about his father's death. The purpose of posting this is to show who it is from. It's from (yes you've guessed it) mr***********@gmail.com, hes trying to invite abuse to the guy who exposed his fake account and get him off his case. The problem with posting the email was that he left the time on it, 6.53am which proves that he received an abusive email about his father's anniversary when no one actually knew it was his father's anniversary.

So yes, it's the only logical reason.

On your home planet, maybe. What part of  "An email could've been sent at that time by anyone who knows him and/or the family well"  aren't you getting?

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

I've got no time for the boy but I don't think it's quite as cut and dried as that. I'd presume that he has referred to the anniversary at least once in previous years as well: it wouldn't take too much of a timeline trawl then to pull it up beforehand. I can think of a few weirdos in the Morton fanbase who actually have gone to far greater lengths of creeping around to fuel their online feuds since Bucketgate. The other explanation is certainly plausible and both are reprehensible in entirely different ways. It's an extremely grubby situation all round tbh.

Regardless of this, the sooner that attention-seeker gets his big gig doing the candlelit vigils at Celtic Park the 

We're obviously agreed in having no time for him.

Referring to old tweets certainly isnt an option because he has no history prior to January.

You could argue facebook (not on it) but who the fk thinks to look for someones dads anniversary date to plan to send abuse on that date. I get we have had some chancers in our midst but given this guy's history of lies and fake accounts, he tops the lot.

5 minutes ago, Canoeist said:

I get we have had some chancers in our midst but given this guy's history of lies and fake accounts, he tops the lot.

😲

You haven't been following the Morton boards for very long, have you?

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What's the deal with Stephen Welsh?

Dont remember much from him last season but seems a bit of a leap from a poor Morton side to starting in an Old Firm and going up against Zlatan!

Is he any good or have Celtic just fucked it?

He was dreadful for us, but it wasn't really his fault. He spent almost all his time here playing at right back and he clearly isn't a full back. He played at centre back once and had the cigars out, but we really have no idea how good a centre back he is based on his time with us.

On the strength of his performances for Celtic lately he definitely isn't good enough for them at centre back at the moment. Still better than Shane Duffy though.

Edited by Dunning1874

Genuine question. Ma team (qos) have been utter gash so far. No won a game all year. We did however manage to scrape an extra point at Cappielow. A good pal o mine is a Ton fan and he reckons it’s between us who gets automatic relegation. Morbid pessimism or maybe a wee touch o reality.  Oanyways I’ve always enjoyed a wee bevvy in the gritty surroundings of The Norseman.