The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 28/07/2020 at 18:43, virginton said:

...said the Walter Mitty fantasist CEO of Endemol. 

One would  have hoped that by now you could have come up with some fresher and more incisive taunts.  Even the Chuckle Brothers freshen up their act from time to time.

On 28/07/2020 at 14:02, Morton Supporter said:

His eagerness to shift blame for a goal onto others when it was blatantly he who made an arse of it.

And no, I’m not going to conduct a forensic review of each goal we conceded to prove my point. It’s suffice for you to know that I saw this a number of times from him.

I also fail to recall a single game (at home) all season where I thought, he’s been the difference in the points gotten that day.

He was better than Ramsbottom for sure, but that shouldn’t be the criteria we use for a goalie going forward and I won’t miss him.

That bit in bold as absolute pish. 

59 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That bit in bold as absolute pish. 

Inclined to agree, I certainly don’t remember him doing that. The only person I remember being particularly guilty of that in recent years was League One jobber Thomas O’Ware.

My main grumble with him was from watching him warming up at half time. I can accept a player not being good enough, as was the case with Ramsbottom, but watching him cutting about in a massive jacket, hands in pockets, chatting to his mates and doing keepie ups when he could have been doing something productive like taking some crosses or a few shots at him so that he was ready in case he was actually called to do the job he was paid to do. I won’t pretend for a second to be any sort of expert on how a goalkeeper should beat prepare for a game, but I can’t see any of his work being in the textbooks.

I don’t think it’s too bold a prediction to say that he’ll not make it at a high level in the game, but playing for a club of Morton’s stature is his absolute peak. I generally don’t like describing players as being the worst I’ve ever seen- after watching Morton for 25-30 of the worst years in the clubs entire history, it’s quite a slur, but I genuinely can’t think of a worse keeper than him in that time. A truly dreadful keeper.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

One would  have hoped that by now you could have come up with some fresher and more incisive taunts.  Even the Chuckle Brothers freshen up their act from time to time.

Why would I need anything 'fresh' when the documented history of your lies demolishes your credibility time and time again? You're a busted flush, sit down.

13 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Be doing well to freshen up Barry Chuckle seeing as he’s been deid a year next week.......

ETA  -  closet Chuckle Brothers fan found - check the dot. 😂

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Inclined to agree, I certainly don’t remember him doing that. The only person I remember being particularly guilty of that in recent years was League One jobber Thomas O’Ware.

My main grumble with him was from watching him warming up at half time. I can accept a player not being good enough, as was the case with Ramsbottom, but watching him cutting about in a massive jacket, hands in pockets, chatting to his mates and doing keepie ups when he could have been doing something productive like taking some crosses or a few shots at him so that he was ready in case he was actually called to do the job he was paid to do. I won’t pretend for a second to be any sort of expert on how a goalkeeper should beat prepare for a game, but I can’t see any of his work being in the textbooks.

I don’t think it’s too bold a prediction to say that he’ll not make it at a high level in the game, but playing for a club of Morton’s stature is his absolute peak. I generally don’t like describing players as being the worst I’ve ever seen- after watching Morton for 25-30 of the worst years in the clubs entire history, it’s quite a slur, but I genuinely can’t think of a worse keeper than him in that time. A truly dreadful keeper.

The pointing and blaming comment was referring to Rodgers rather than Ramsbottom.

Still a load of pish though.

41 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The pointing and blaming comment was referring to Rodgers rather than Ramsbottom.

Still a load of pish though.

Ah, fair enough. I never noticed it in Rodgers either. Sounds like someone wanting to start a fight in an empty house so that folk notice him.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Why would I need anything 'fresh' when the documented history of your lies demolishes your credibility time and time again? You're a busted flush, sit down.

That’s just you applying your very own brand of fuzzy logic in your augmented reality. 

Busted flush sounds like a line a Charles Hawtrey, your lookey-likey would come out with . You need to modernise your language Doc.

44 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

That’s just you applying your very own brand of fuzzy logic in your augmented reality. 

Busted flush sounds like a line a Charles Hawtrey, your lookey-likey would come out with . You need to modernise your language Doc.

😆😆😆👍

With the contract expiry of the furloughed players having been and gone with total radio silence from the club, we now have players being signed up by other Championship clubs and still not a peep.

Surely they're going to bother their arses to tell us who's been offered new deals and who's been released this week? Are we going to just have this drip fed to us through players telling the Tele off their own backs like Ramsbottom and Doolan?

Edited by Dunning1874

I see Tumilty has signed for Raith.

Never been a massive fan tbh but he definitely improved after his loan spell with Dumbarton and gave us the balance to the squad that we lacked at the start of the season when we were using the absolutely awful Welsh there or shunting Jacobs out of position to cover it.

I'm not hugely disappointed (and I never thought I'd say it) but I genuinely think he is one we should've probably held onto for this season. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

A two year deal for a lower-end Championship right-back is really not something that we should be looking to match under the current circumstances though.

Agree. I’d have been happy to keep him, but two-year deals should be the exception rather than the rule until the current uncertainty is  over.

Anybody remember when Raith had the begging bowl out just to keep the lights on, btw?

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Someone mentioned Tam O'Ware further up the thread. Did I read that he's been released by Partick?  If so, that "big" move didn't exactly work out for him, did it?  Where next, Albion Rovers?

O'Ware is still at Thistle. He signed a 2 year extension in January.

f716b9eec295def91a0747cff935c504.gif.10f7586eaee2fc30dd0ae7615cc9e4b5.gif

Robbie fucking Muirhead plus assembled ringers/sand-dancers up front as well as a spike in Covid likely meaning that getting into games will be punted into the long grass again. It's currently a no on the season ticket front from me then. 

Nesbitt and McAlister - good

McLean and Oliver - meh

Omar - no idea

McGinty, Millar and Muirhead:

EsteemedMiserableGreatdane-small.gif

Having a restricted budget made getting shot of those three even more critical, we can't be carrying a 37 year old and two duds.

Omar divided the support at Elgin in his two seasons with there. He would get stuck in, get a few goals but would pick up stupid yellows and reds.  He was called up to the Iraq U23 squad  last season about Dec/Jan and missed a few games IIRC.