The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Confirms season tickets will be on sale next week and that streaming will be available for closed door and partially attended games for season ticket holders; so even if distanced crowds are back we'll still have streaming as an option?

https://gmfc.net/2020/07/14/statement-from-chairman-crawford-rae/

On 14/07/2020 at 09:59, Dunning1874 said:

Confirms season tickets will be on sale next week and that streaming will be available for closed door and partially attended games for season ticket holders; so even if distanced crowds are back we'll still have streaming as an option?

https://gmfc.net/2020/07/14/statement-from-chairman-crawford-rae/

I cant guarantee its the same, but St Johnstone are offering season ticket holders free access to watch games "until fans are allowed into games without restriction". So while crowd size is still restricted, season ticket holders can watch online.

Assume that's also the deal with the 3pm blackout rule, which presumably comes back into force once all restrictions are lifted.

2 hours ago, #Gary said:

It's very "Morton" that you become an MCT member and don't even receive email acknowledgment other than from the direct debit handlers. 

I joined last week and received an email from MCT the next day. Maybe it's just because it's the weekend.

2 hours ago, centralTon said:

I joined last week and received an email from MCT the next day. Maybe it's just because it's the weekend.

I signed up on Thursday last week but still good to know, hopefully I'm an exception (or 1 of 2 exceptions with the poster above).

I would've expected it to be an automated thing. It's an area we know Morton are poor in and will need improved especially if the club is fan owned so it just sort of surprised me not to get anything.

17 hours ago, #Gary said:

It's very "Morton" that you become an MCT member and don't even receive email acknowledgment other than from the direct debit handlers. 

I recieved 2 emails. One with an update and then one to thank me for joining. 

4 hours ago, Girth said:

Just seen Gavin Gunning is now at Gloucester City. Jeez!

We were interested in January but he'd already played for Billericay and Solihull so had to stay at a level in England where the two clubs in a season rule wouldn't be enforced.

His deal with Gloucester was only to the end of the season so hopefully he can now return for more scenes like the greatest football photo of all time.

16806829_1348282495251635_3266217998791375818_n.thumb.jpg.abd243c301a8d0c6d000d1e5279be672.jpg.d0213c6083dfa66fcec7c3280052d21b.jpg

Edited by Dunning1874

Season tickets on sale today, compared to other clubs prices in the division it's pretty reasonable from Morton, no complaints. The only worry is that I see it's via Interstadia again to order online, I think I'll just phone the club office and buy mine over the phone, that mob are brutal.

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Season tickets on sale today, compared to other clubs prices in the division it's pretty reasonable from Morton, no complaints. The only worry is that I see it's via Interstadia again to order online, I think I'll just phone the club office and buy mine over the phone, that mob are brutal.

Following the script.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Following the script.

Hahaha about 20 mins after I posted that I clocked that tweet mate, what a shambles! I tried to call Cappielow also to buy 1 and it just rings out, ah well, Smiths probably the best bet once it's sorted out, Interstadia are baws!

Streaming update.

https://gmfc.net/2020/07/27/streaming-live-games-for-season-ticket-holders/

The SPFL have allowed clubs to stream live games within the UK territory for season 20/21 whilst access for fans is restricted. This will be reviewed by the SPFL as to future Government directives.

Games will be streamed live using the Pixellot S camera system, and will have full club commentary and interviews and features.
https://www.pixellot.tv/s-series/

Here are some Typical Questions and Answers

Do you get to see all home games via the stream when you purchase a season ticket?

A live stream link will be given to all season ticket holders for all games played under fan access restrictions. It is likely that any closed door friendlies will be streamed as stream test events.

Can I share the live stream link?
No. The link will be programmed for 1 view per IP listed address, and cannot be viewed on multiple devices.

Are all home games streamed?

All home games are planned to be streamed live, but may be restricted by the SPFL within the UK once full fan access restrictions are lifted. If this is the case then fans will use their season ticket for access to live games.

Can you still see these streams when some or all fans are allowed in?

At the moment the SPFL will allow live streaming of games till full fan access to games is permitted. If some restrictions are still in place, i.e. limited % of capacity access, or age/health restrictions, then it is likely that live streaming will still be able to be viewed in the UK territory.

If there is a limited % of capacity in place, then season ticket holders will get priority access.

Will games be streamed live to overseas fans?

Yes. If the SPFL decide to stop UK streaming permissions due to full fans restrictions having full access to stadia, then live streaming will only be able to be viewed by our overseas fans as part of the club’s TV platform.

Can the match stream be watched after the match, i.e. not just live?

Not at the moment but it is intended to cut highlights packages for viewing on the club’s new TV platform. Further news to come.

Is it just league games, or are cup games included?
Only league games and any behind closed door friendlies are included for season ticket holders. Additionally for season 20/21, season ticket holders will get free access to the new club TV platform. It is anticipated that home cup games will be streamed under pay per view.

Can fans pay to view live streaming on a match to match basis?

This is still to be confirmed, but it is likely that this will be sanctioned by the SPFL pre the league start.

Can it be viewed via an app?
This is being worked on.

Further details in the next few weeks.

Danny Rogers signs for Kilmarnock.

It might be in the minority on this, but I won’t miss him.

He improved as the season went on - as did the team infront of him as a whole - but his early performances weren’t convincing and moreover I didn’t like the attitude he showed at that time.

In ordinary times, I’d be confident that Morton could find someone at least on a part with him, though I suspect that there’s going to be a benefit in consistency of squad this coming season.