The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Eh!

Dear Toby that was me in my reconciliation mode. Not intending to snipe but just observing a language mode I don't fully support.

I also hadn't given the original response my full attention. I did miss the posting but I had previously tried the reset system a good few times giving my email address for recovery.

I thought my response may have got me forward on this but I will leave it at that.

You will notice I don't t had out red dots unless I really disagree with a point or position taken on this forum

Yes have a few red dots and VT  I remember giving you an opportunity to discuss you position but I moved on and maybe mistakenly gave you a few greens since then.

All the best boys hopefully you forum will be soon be back and up running.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Error spelling

23 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Eh!

Dear Toby that was me in my reconciliation mode. Not intending to snipe but just observing a language mode I don't fully support.

I also hadn't given the original response my full attention. I did miss the posting but I had previously tried the reset system a good few times giving my email address for recovery.

I thought my response may have got me forward on this but I will leave it at that.

You will notice I don't t had out red dots unless I really disagree with a point or position taken on this forum

Getting in touch with the folk that actually run the forum may have gotten you forward with this, rather than greeting about it on here when there's a chance they won't read it. I made an effort for you a while ago by PMing the admin on there, but as your preferred route since has been to complain about how hard done to you've been, there's little more I can do to help.

17 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Yes have a few red dots and VT  I remember giving you an opportunity to discuss you position but I moved on and maybe mistakenly gave you a few greens since then.

All the best boys hopefully you forum will be soon be back and up running.

I don't have a "position" as I don't run the forum, but since red and green dots are an issue to you, here's another couple. You're welcome.

On 23/06/2020 at 23:48, Scosha said:

I could be wrong but looks like our ‘volunteer’ is no longer controlling the social media. Hardly seen any cringeworthy posts for a few weeks now and his time in charge has been removed from LinkedIn :lol: 

For unlimited cringeworthy posts, get on his cfb Twitter account, he was giving video summaries at half time and full time on Brighton v Arsenal recently, when he must know he's got a face for radio.

Tbh, when he was caught with the fake account, any sensible person would have got as far away from the club as possible but he's oblivious to the feeling towards him so he continued because he somehow thought it was doing him good. 

39 minutes ago, Canoeist said:

For unlimited cringeworthy posts, get on his cfb Twitter account, he was giving video summaries at half time and full time on Brighton v Arsenal recently, when he must know he's got a face for radio.

Tbh, when he was caught with the fake account, any sensible person would have got as far away from the club as possible but he's oblivious to the feeling towards him so he continued because he somehow thought it was doing him good. 

What fake account? I missed this 👀

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

What fake account? I missed this 👀

He had a fake twitter account called utdmorton that he used for mostly bamming up his own material, but it was also used to criticise the club material because he wanted a job there. 

The Morton fans were all over it, link below, 2nd March is the start of him being called out on it but he was using this fake account for nearly 3 months before this. Check his response to it, blaming a mate o his dad's, its pathetic.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43951-the-morton-weekly-podcast/page/4/

On 11/10/2017 at 08:21, Paisley Ton said:

Sorry Dr Watson the Morton forum is still a closed shop that is an embarrassment to  real fans. 

I have been blocked (for my tag?) and tried several times to get a new password with no reply from the so call moderators.

I dare say boys will be boys who play with toys.

Since the Morton Forum's back up and running...

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43003-admin-changeforum-guidelines/&do=findComment&comment=1076586

Well, well well, posted on the Morton Forum a day after your complaint.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/profile/17650-paisleyton/

And on further inverstigation, the only account carrying anything along the lines of your "Paisley Ton" username, was formed on 19th June 2009, never once posted and was last active exactly 11 years ago today, on 25th June 2009, not even a week after registering. So, having made no contribution, you go onto complain about being barred from a forum over 8 years after even logging into it, and are continuing your complaints 11 years down the line.

There's been a lot of complaints about that forum down the years- some justified and some very harsh, but none quite so unjustified and laughable as these feeble attempts.

20 hours ago, Toby said:

Since the Morton Forum's back up and running...

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43003-admin-changeforum-guidelines/&do=findComment&comment=1076586

Well, well well, posted on the Morton Forum a day after your complaint.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/profile/17650-paisleyton/

And on further inverstigation, the only account carrying anything along the lines of your "Paisley Ton" username, was formed on 19th June 2009, never once posted and was last active exactly 11 years ago today, on 25th June 2009, not even a week after registering. So, having made no contribution, you go onto complain about being barred from a forum over 8 years after even logging into it, and are continuing your complaints 11 years down the line.

There's been a lot of complaints about that forum down the years- some justified and some very harsh, but none quite so unjustified and laughable as these feeble attempts.

You need to find a better use of your time and talents. 

Nicky Cadden leaves to join something called Forest Green Rovers.

Very disappointing but perhaps we should’ve been bolder on initially signing him by offering him a longer deal.  While clearly not the same talent or type of player, I was pleased when McGuffie was signed so here’s a chance for him to show if he can contribute.

This transfer will go largely unnoticed in Scotland but there’s a point to be made here: after months of discussing league reconstruction for all the wrong reasons, this move is exactly the sort of catalyst that should be prompting thought between clubs about how we better preserve - and pay for - the talent we do have in Scotland, rather than losing them to anonymous English clubs.

And I’d suggest as a minimum that that begins with a fairer distribution of prize money, if not ticket sales.

4 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Nicky Cadden leaves to join something called Forest Green Rovers.

Very disappointing but perhaps we should’ve been bolder on initially signing him by offering him a longer deal.  While clearly not the same talent or type of player, I was pleased when McGuffie was signed so here’s a chance for him to show if he can contribute.

This transfer will go largely unnoticed in Scotland but there’s a point to be made here: after months of discussing league reconstruction for all the wrong reasons, this move is exactly the sort of catalyst that should be prompting thought between clubs about how we better preserve - and pay for - the talent we do have in Scotland, rather than losing them to anonymous English clubs.

And I’d suggest as a minimum that that begins with a fairer distribution of prize money, if not ticket sales.

Youd need to increase the prize money massively then. St Johnstone lost out on a player to Forest Green a few years ago when they offered the player 4 times more.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd need to increase the prize money massively then. St Johnstone lost out on a player to Forest Green a few years ago when they offered the player 4 times more.

Increase or more fairly distribute.

Morton got just over £200k for finishing seventh in the Championship this year. What kind of standard of squad are we expecting our full time clubs to put together with that figure as one of their main sources of income?

I really hope I’m not coming across as a sore loser here, all our clubs have suffered this in the past and Cadden is certainly within his rights to take the move.

But I think it’s very illustrative of what we should be trying harder to prevent from happening.

11 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Increase or more fairly distribute.

Well if a team who finishes 7th in the top flight cant compete with Forest Green, how do you expect a distribution model to allow the team who finished 13 places below that to compete?

Its not possible without increasing the prize fund massively.

English League Two clubs will always be able to outspend the majority of Scottish Championship clubs and there's nothing either Morton or the SPFL can do about that. The only way that will ever change is some sort of widespread financial meltdown in English football.

Cadden leaving is obviously shite news but it was always on the cards. As big a blow as it is, it doesn't drastically change what Hopkin needs to this summer. The big priorities remain a goalkeeper, centre backs and a centre forward.

Taking the second point first, I agree that it doesn't massively change the task for the summer: if Nesbitt signs on again then you've still got decent wide options on both sides of the pitch, so I'd rather our attacking resources went towards getting a good centre forward or two rather than using some to find a direct replacement. 

The first part skips over a rather big question that the club needs to answer about this transfer though. We need to know if they got any significant compensation for Cadden because if any EFL club can just send a scout up and take your player of the season for no money handed over then our current transfer strategy and contract structure are both completely unfit for purpose. Having the likes of Blues etc. on the books for two years minimum, van Scheik for three fucking weeks and Cadden for one season only is a sub-par return unless there's income generated.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Taking the second point first, I agree that it doesn't massively change the task for the summer: if Nesbitt signs on again then you've still got decent wide options on both sides of the pitch, so I'd rather our attacking resources went towards getting a good centre forward or two rather than using some to find a direct replacement. 

The first part skips over a rather big question that the club needs to answer about this transfer though. We need to know if they got any significant compensation for Cadden because if any EFL club can just send a scout up and take your player of the season for no money handed over then our current transfer strategy and contract structure are both completely unfit for purpose. Having the likes of Blues etc. on the books for two years minimum, van Scheik for three fucking weeks and Cadden for one season only is a sub-par return unless there's income generated.

Send a scout up? How very old school. Deals in England are largely predicated on who beneficially owns the players transfer and image rights and what's in it for them and the agent.