The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

6 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Are you lot likely to survive this crisis, then?

Probably, I've got plenty of tins in the cupboard in case things really go tits up.

6 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Are you lot likely to survive this crisis, then?

Yes our CEO said we are in a good position, all players on extended contracts thorough Furlough and the club is working on Ton TV and a new website so that they can stream all our games when we return in October. 

26 minutes ago, BraeTon74 said:

Yes our CEO said we are in a good position, all players on extended contracts thorough Furlough and the club is working on Ton TV and a new website so that they can stream all our games when we return in October. 

Oh! Well that's good, I suppose. It'll keep the 'rivalry' going.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

I'd like to hear from the club regarding why they voted in favour of the reconstruction nonsense.

I’d like to know if they did or not. The only source I’ve seen stating that they did was Kheredine Idessane on Twitter, who, for much of this fiasco didn’t seem to get an awful lot right.

I wouldn’t believe Morton did vote for reconstruction until hearing it directly from the horse’s mouth.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Whatever happened to those supposedly dodgy brothers who were at Sevco? Did they ever actually take over at Morten?

The De Boers? I don’t think so.

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The De Boers? I don’t think so.

The Fergusons would’ve been a better answer.

Seriously though what is the set up at Cappielow? There was all those rumours, clearly only rumours, about them taking over and looking at linking up with big clubs a year or two ago. Did they actually take over?

Appreciate I could just google this but if everyone did that the forum would be very quiet.

1 hour ago, BraeTon74 said:

Is the Morton Forum dead?

Maintenance work apparently.

25 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The Fergusons would’ve been a better answer.

Seriously though what is the set up at Cappielow? There was all those rumours, clearly only rumours, about them taking over and looking at linking up with big clubs a year or two ago. Did they actually take over?

Appreciate I could just google this but if everyone did that the forum would be very quiet.

The Rae family still own the club, but a fans’ group are working on reducing the debt to them, by contributing monthly so becoming more influential.

The Easdales are still around, and there’s plenty of their companies’ branding advertised at Cappielow. Neither of them are personally on the board, but I’m pretty sure their opinions are heard and taken on board.

18 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Whatever happened to those supposedly dodgy brothers who were at Sevco? Did they ever actually take over at Morten?

The McCrories? Robby left after his loan spell ended. He has since had loan spells at QOS and Livi. 

Ross has been in loan at Portsmouth and has had nothing to do with Morton.

Happy to help.

7 hours ago, Toby said:

The Rae family still own the club, but a fans’ group are working on reducing the debt to them, by contributing monthly so becoming more influential.

The Easdales are still around, and there’s plenty of their companies’ branding advertised at Cappielow. Neither of them are personally on the board, but I’m pretty sure their opinions are heard and taken on board.

Not to forget that one of their guys Alex Gray, the CEO of Blairs Windows, is on the board. I would imagine, with the money they put in via sponsorship, that they have a fairly decent influence on what's going on at the club.

42 minutes ago, montheton said:

Has there been any updates on season tickets for new season? Along with the virtual tickets to watch games

It's June.

Usually lucky to have info by now for a July start never mind October.

21 hours ago, Toby said:

I wonder if that might include letting me back on.

Password chucked it years ago and no response from admin or Norton security to reset, maybe need to relocated to Greenock or Spain

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I wonder if that might include letting me back on.

Password chucked it years ago and no response from admin or Norton security to reset, maybe need to relocated to Greenock or Spain

You complained about this when the last admin team took over about 3-4 years ago and I remember asking them about it for you. They then put a pinned post at the top of the General Morton Chatter forum saying that if there were some accounts which had been banned before their time they'd look at unbanning them if they e-mailed the forum with details of the account name etc.

To my knowledge, they received no e-mails from anyone, yet you still complain on here on a semi-regular basis about them. You could even have just opened a new account and posted from that, but it seems that sniping from the sidelines is more your thing.

Unless you're one of the ones that they have banned in their own tenure, I don't see them having a problem letting anyone back in when they're up and running again.

Put the toys back in the pram and stop complaining about something that isn't anything to do with the guys running the forum.

EDIT: IIRC, you complained at one point that you were banned from the forum because you were from Paisley, not anything to do with any password issues.

Edited by Toby

Thanks for your response.

Didn't realise I swiped on a semi regular basis must be my age not been a while though.

I still view the forum on a weekly basis to pick up on Morton issues I may have missed .

Due to my lack of viewing frequency I missed and/or did not understanding the post as such opportunity passed. They have my email (?) and could simply have emailed me directly.

I have noted that some of the inter user language is not that friendly, in particular one user who calls anyone not in his group a cu$t so while it would be helpful if I could get back on maybe I would need a hard nose.  I do not wish an alternative members login as Paisley Ton ID's me to those who know me.

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

Thanks for your response.

Didn't realise I swiped on a semi regular basis must be my age not been a while though.

I still view the forum on a weekly basis to pick up on Morton issues I may have missed .

Due to my lack of viewing frequency I missed and/or did not understanding the post as such opportunity passed. They have my email (?) and could simply have emailed me directly.

I have noted that some of the inter user language is not that friendly, in particular one user who calls anyone not in his group a cu$t so while it would be helpful if I could get back on maybe I would need a hard nose.  I do not wish an alternative members login as Paisley Ton ID's me to those who know me.

Looks very much like sniping from the sidelines is exactly how you’re wanting to tackle this complete non-issue.

Similar to how Morton tackled the fallout from their own banning of fans from Twitter in January, they put out an open message to resolve the issue- in Morton’s case, I was blocked. I didn’t sit and wait for an olive branch, I contacted them myself and it was resolved between us. That forum has over 3000 accounts registered to it, but you want them to contact you rather than making any moves yourself. I can’t think of any other instance similar to this that sitting waiting will work out for you, but still you complain.

Your point about the inter user language may well be relevant, but it strikes me as just another reason to stick the boot in. If you don’t want to use it, don’t use it. Plenty don’t, but don’t expect any sympathy when you’ve not actually made any attempts to use it.

Edited by Toby