The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

26 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think he's been a bit shite tbh

He’s improved as the season has gone on. Still prone to the occasional fumble at a cross or needing two attempts to gather a shot when he shouldn’t need it, but he’s cut out errors on the scale of Tannadice and Easter Road earlier in the season. I won’t be gutted if we don’t keep him but he’s been decent overall after a poor start.

Hopkin has been clear about the intention to keep as much of the squad together as possible to build the core over a few years with continuity being the basis for success. On those grounds I’m fine with guys who’ve struggled to establish themselves or been below par like Salkeld getting new deals, but it doesn’t mean you keep every single younger player.

We all know that Ramsbottom, Blues and Muirhead aren’t good enough and Ramsbottom in particular is miles out of his depth - that’s not something that’s going to be fixed with more time at the club due to the squad gelling over time. Continuity is desirable in and of itself but it can’t magically turn a bad player into a good one; offering contracts to any of those three would be a waste of a wage.

5 hours ago, #Gary said:

Is no one else worried that Hopkin seemingly wants to sign this entire team up for next season? 

Thought it was telling that Cadden said that Livingston had an incredible team spirit, that can only be beneficial when the difference in quality in this division is so minor. 

2 hours ago, 9queens said:

Interested to hear Greenock's response to Cheers Bar and their f**k you to the pub shutdown

Happening elsewhere but Cheers getting all the publicity at the moment

Stay safe Ton fans

There are a few video clips online of those idiots in Cheers, and you have to wonder if they’ll maybe be high up in the running for this year’s Darwin Awards. Still, if we have to trim the herd a bit then the self-inflicted will probably deserve it more than most.

.......incidentally, I think the management of that particular establishment should  have their licence cancelled after that farce yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a thread on the Morton board at the mo where people post about their favourite message board moments/threads from the past.  Surprisingly, no one has yet mentioned the time virginton thought that if the courts decided to hold a trial in camera it meant the proceedings would be televised.

Comedy gold.

• 3 weeks later...

😳 I'm posting this almost 12 hours after your post, and even now it's not quite two and a half days. Elementary 'rithmetic, my dear Watson - one would almost think you had some ulterior motive for making it look as bad as possible....... 

Saw this on the East Fife thread

A best ever Morton XI you've seen with each player of a different nationality (no Scots allowed). I've went for a very narrow 4-3-3

1 Cervi (USA)
2 Pepper (Ireland)
3 Iredale (Australia)
4 Fenwick (Canada)
5 Peciar (Slovakia)
6 Bachirou (Comoros)
7 Jacobs (South Africa)
8 Lindberg (Finland)
9 Wittiveen (Austria)
10 Wake (England)
11 Earnshaw (Wales)

subs:
12 Cham (Gambia)
13 Boe (Cameroon)
14 Milojevic (Serbia)
15 Morrow (Northern Ireland)
16 Kerr (Malta)
17 Novo (Spain)
18 van Scheik (Netherlands)

As you can see from the subs bench there are some slim pickings available. Starting XI aint bad tho

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/05/2020 at 18:27, AsimButtHitsASix said:

A best ever Morton XI you've seen with each player of a different nationality (no Scots allowed). I've went for a very narrow 4-3-3

1 Cervi (USA)
2 Pepper (Ireland)
3 Iredale (Australia)
4 Fenwick (Canada)
5 Peciar (Slovakia)
6 Bachirou (Comoros)
7 Jacobs (South Africa)
8 Lindberg (Finland)
9 Wittiveen (Austria)
10 Wake (England)
11 Earnshaw (Wales)

subs:
12 Cham (Gambia)
13 Boe (Cameroon)
14 Milojevic (Serbia)
16 Kerr (Malta)
17 Novo (Spain)

As you can see from the subs bench there are some slim pickings available. Starting XI aint bad tho

Not a bad effort.

I'd have Parfait Medou Otye in there over Perciar and Caraux over Cervi just for that performance at Celtic Park.

I'd have Weatherson over Wake too.

It's slim pickings though when you look at the bench!

On 12/05/2020 at 18:27, AsimButtHitsASix said:

1 Cervi (USA)
2 Pepper (Ireland)
3 Iredale (Australia)
4 Fenwick (Canada)
5 Peciar (Slovakia)
6 Bachirou (Comoros)
7 Jacobs (South Africa)
8 Lindberg (Finland)
9 Wittiveen (Austria)
10 Wake (England)
11 Earnshaw (Wales)

subs:
12 Cham (Gambia)
13 Boe (Cameroon)
14 Milojevic (Serbia)
16 Kerr (Malta)
17 Novo (Spain)

Jacobs isnt South African, he is Dutch.