The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Grant going in addition to Welsh means we only have McLean and Baird available at centre back.

While injuries have finished him at this level, Grant was still better than McLean and now we’re an injury to an injury prone 34 year old from having to put McAlister at centre back.

Surely we wouldn’t let him go without having someone lined up? Even if Welsh being recalled has come out of the blue after Grant’s release was already arranged that was risky.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:34, Dunning1874 said:

While injuries have finished him at this level, Grant was still better than McLean and now we’re an injury to an injury prone 34 year old from having to put McAlister at centre back.

Would genuinely rather have McAlister at CB than Grant to be fair. I don't care what 16 year old Larkfield raised mutant is making up the numbers at centre back for the reserves they'd probably be less of a liability than Grant whose only redeeming feature is that he's not Henk van Schaik

Still no rumours whatsoever of who we’re bringing in this month, but Jacobs has signed a contract extension to 2021.

I’m not convinced he’s been good enough so far to justify being kept on, but   renewing contracts this early for players who aren’t potentially going to bring in transfer fees or attract interest from other clubs for a pre-contract shows Hopkin is serious about keeping the core of a squad together and supplementing it rather than having a huge turnover year on year.

Cadden next please.

I wouldn't be too worried about Mcallister at CB.  As a bonus it would remove him from the midfield where we could do with having Lyon, Colville, Cadden & Jacobs , with Jacobs playing the role he used to at Queen of the South rather than being a stand in right back.

On one hand King out, McGuffie in is an upgrade, but I don’t see why we need another winger at all and should have been putting the saving on King towards another area of the park.

Another centre back and a centre forward should be the priority, and while we have loads of central midfielders as well I’d even have taken adding a defensive one with a bit of energy before a winger, meaning we wouldn’t be reliant on a 36 year old or Cameron Blues if McAlister or Jacobs are knackered when we’re trying to see a game out.

On one hand King out, McGuffie in is an upgrade, but I don’t see why we need another winger at all and should have been putting the saving on King towards another area of the park.
Another centre back and a centre forward should be the priority, and while we have loads of central midfielders as well I’d even have taken adding a defensive one with a bit of energy before a winger, meaning we wouldn’t be reliant on a 36 year old or Cameron Blues if McAlister or Jacobs are knackered when we’re trying to see a game out.
Hopkin in stockpiling wingers shocker. More surprised he let one leave in King.

42 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Welsh will be back soon you'd imagine mate, only recalled due to injuries, surely back once that clears up, another proper CF would indeed be good.

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:
1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Hopkin in stockpiling wingers shocker. More surprised he let one leave in King.

Our turn, what do you make of Scott Tiffoney ??

Skillful but greedy and wasteful. Lightweight but maybe Livi have worked on that. Many were surprised when he got picked up by Livi and got game time but there's ability there and always Prone to the odd worldy shooting from anywhere.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:
18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Skillful but greedy and wasteful. Lightweight but maybe Livi have worked on that. Many were surprised when he got picked up by Livi and got game time but there's ability there and always Prone to the odd worldy shooting from anywhere.

Cheers, maybe not a bad signing then, as one of my main gripes is that our forwards don't shoot enough and at times try and walk the ball into the net.

Cheers, maybe not a bad signing then, as one of my main gripes is that our forwards don't shoot enough and at times try and walk the ball into the net.
Normally played as a winger but his best spell for us was when played more centrally.