The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Ffs, Reece Lyon saying he needs the fans behind him.

He’d be better off wishing for a competent goalkeeper and an organised defensive set up behind him. The fact that Hopkin thinks it’s remotely acceptable to allow the opposition to have as many shots as we do just underlines his current tactical ineptitude.. 

26 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I see our media assistant has taken it upon himself to start blocking those who don’t agree with his cringeworthy tweets. How dare we not be joyous in beating the Arbroath Galacticos yesterday. 

I suppose the big question is was there any personal attack or inappropriate language used in the tweets?

If not, then it seems over the top. If there was then you reap what you sow. 

35 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I see our media assistant has taken it upon himself to start blocking those who don’t agree with his cringeworthy tweets. How dare we not be joyous in beating the Arbroath Galacticos yesterday. 

Oft. The media assistant having a breakdown?

20 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I suppose the big question is was there any personal attack or inappropriate language used in the tweets?

If not, then it seems over the top. If there was then you reap what you sow. 

One supporter was blocked after replying “what a joke” to the tweet with the team line up in it yesterday. Seems like anything not positive gets you blocked. 

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

One supporter was blocked after replying “what a joke” to the tweet with the team line up in it yesterday. Seems like anything not positive gets you blocked. 

That does seem over the top to be fair.  

However, you said the media team mentioned inappropriate language and personal abuse. was there any that you could see? 

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

That does seem over the top to be fair.  

However, you said the media team mentioned inappropriate language and personal abuse. was there any that you could see? 

I’ve not seen any “personal abuse”. The guy doing the tweets is a bit over the top with some of them when we score a goal etc and a couple of people asked him to calm It down a bit but that’s all I’ve seen. 

The overexcitement in the match updates is cringeworthy, but it’s entirely possible that it was someone in a more senior position at the club firing that tweet out rather than the part-time media assistant. Which would be even more of an embarrassment.

Either way, an outstanding way to stop negativity among fans is to remind everyone that we’re a shambles off the park, and in doing so detract from the rare event of actually winning a game. We could have had a focus on getting a good result, but no.

31 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I’ve not seen any “personal abuse”. The guy doing the tweets is a bit over the top with some of them when we score a goal etc and a couple of people asked him to calm It down a bit but that’s all I’ve seen. 

That being the case I would imagine an e-mail or call to the club would be able sort out any misunderstanding fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

The overexcitement in the match updates is cringeworthy, but it’s entirely possible that it was someone in a more senior position at the club firing that tweet out rather than the part-time media assistant. Which would be even more of an embarrassment.

Either way, an outstanding way to stop negativity among fans is to remind everyone that we’re a shambles off the park, and in doing so detract from the rare event of actually winning a game. We could have had a focus on getting a good result, but no.

It does seem odd that a good result for you guys is being overshadowed by this.

Mind you, most clubs have at least one arsehole in a senior position. Why they continue to be there and what they bring to the role nobody knows. 

Edited by qos_75

7 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

So whoever is in charge of the Twitter is a twat then.

The guy who does the social media is actually your CEO I am hearing David McKinnon.   Clearly not got a clue without fans you don't have fans.