The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sister had a wee baby the other day and her husband is a Morton fan.

Where is the best place to buy baby Morton stuff? Not a strip, just a baby grow, bib etc?

Thanks in advance

http://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/morton-home-kit

Here would be your best place but not sure if they'll have what you're after. They might have something like that in the shop but not on website.

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

http://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/morton-home-kit

Here would be your best place but not sure if they'll have what you're after. They might have something like that in the shop but not on website.

Cheers mate, I had a look on the website but they don't seem to have anything.

I might send them an email and see If they do anything.

Is it too early for "Hopkin out"?

His team selections are Duffy-esque and now we're not even scoring whilst still being comical at the back.

If I recall correctly, his temporary spell in charge of us was a fecking disaster as well. 

That turgid display was similar to Johansson’s shitting the bed after the 5-0 shoeing in Dingwall last season, and the result is terrible as well. We’ll now be doing well to stay clear of the bottom two by the end of this quarter.

We really needed another winger when we already have Cadden, Nesbitt, Colville and Salkeld who can play there, as well as the already forgotten Kalvin Orsi.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing how many attacking players we shoehorn into the team to overcome our defensive issues by ignoring them.

On the face of it, that is an insane signing (decent player though he might be)... on the other hand, it suggests to me that there’s still more money in the kitty. I’m going to say we’ll make yet another signing between now and the end of October and there’ll be a bit of trimming in January.

And obviously respect to the boy for telling McKinnon to gtf...

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Tumilty has been a really solid addition for us and has arguably been our best player since he joined. I assume you boys have signed suitable cover and will be happy enough to let him stay beyond January?

No. 

We currently have a young centre back, on loan from Celtic until January, playing at right back. Not sure what will happen with Tumilty. I don't really rate him, but we struggled to replace him in August and we might need him from January. 

We also can’t make any more loan signings this season, so if any of the three defenders we have on loan currently return to their parent clubs in January we’d be desperately short on cover even discounting not having a natural right back and left scrambling for free agents if we didn’t bring him back.

The jury’s out on whether Tumilty’s good enough for the Championship, but on what we’ve seen so far he’s a better right back than anyone else we’ve played there this season.

Edit: See discussion below to confirm that the above is utter bollocks.

Edited by Dunning1874

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We also can’t make any more loan signings this season, so if any of the three defenders we have on loan currently return to their parent clubs in January we’d be desperately short on cover even discounting not having a natural right back and left scrambling for free agents if we didn’t bring him back.

The jury’s out on whether Tumilty’s good enough for the Championship, but on what we’ve seen so far he’s a better right back than anyone else we’ve played there this season

Can’t we? I know there was the issue when bringing Baird in about only being allowed five loan signings, but as Blues was signed on a permanent deal to rectify that, it doesn’t change the fact we’ve had more than five at different points this season.

Surely if that’s the case, the rule is that clubs can only have five loan players at any one time, rather than in total over the course of the season?

53 minutes ago, Toby said:

Can’t we? I know there was the issue when bringing Baird in about only being allowed five loan signings, but as Blues was signed on a permanent deal to rectify that, it doesn’t change the fact we’ve had more than five at different points this season.

Surely if that’s the case, the rule is that clubs can only have five loan players at any one time, rather than in total over the course of the season?

I had in my head that while you’re only allowed four at a time, you’re also only allowed five over the course of the season, meaning that Blues being made permanent was necessary to stop us going over four by bringing Livingstone in but Livingstone used up our quota in being the fifth for the season.

I’ve just checked the rules to confirm this and can find no mention of a limit other than the four at a time restriction, so I’ve obviously invented this rule in my head and we could sign someone else on loan if one of the loanees left.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I had in my head that while you’re only allowed four at a time, you’re also only allowed five over the course of the season, meaning that Blues being made permanent was necessary to stop us going over four by bringing Livingstone in but Livingstone used up our quota in being the fifth for the season.

I’ve just checked the rules to confirm this and can find no mention of a limit other than the four at a time restriction, so I’ve obviously invented this rule in my head and we could sign someone else on loan if one of the loanees left.

I had it i my head that we’d made five loan signing and Baird was the sixth.

But aye, it’s Welsh, Rogers, Baird and Livingstone. And of course Blues before that.

We had six different loan players over the course of last season. I think overall it's just the four at time restriction. 

It rings a bell that there used to be a rule about a total of 5 domestic loans, or something like that.