The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I think you've signed a real talent. Not Jack Baird although I'm sure he'll improve, but in Adam Livingstone. I saw him play for East Fife a couple of season ago and I thought he looked like a real gem then. IIRC East Fife tried to make him permanent but he still fancied his chances at Motherwell. 

I'd say in terms of style he reminds me of Stephen O'Donnell despite playing on the opposite wing. 

If there was one position we needed cover it was CB. Baird fits that role nicely. 

Think the lad Welsh from Celtic will now occupy the RB role.  With the lad from Motherwell Livingstone giving Strapp competition at LB.

Defence looking a lot better now

Pity we missed out on Kiltie as he will score goals in this division. We don't really have an out and out goal scorer albeit we are scoring goals.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We better not have doubled down on Cameron Blues by making his signing permanent to facilitate another loan rather than cutting our losses as we did with the other dud Livingston offloaded to us.

If there's any blame to be apportioned here, I blame the loan arranger. 

And if it wasn't him, I blame Tonto. 

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

All sorts of idiots on Twitter (I know; I was surprised as well) from both sides - surely faux outrage that he's going to Morton (and Morton fans apparently annoyed they've signed a Saints player). I mean... what grown adult actually gives a f**k? I reckon it's a good move for everyone involved. Playing under Hopkin could be good for him, too. 

Don't talk shite not one Morton fan has said anything you are obsessed with us.

47 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Don't talk shite not one Morton fan has said anything you are obsessed with us.

Bizarre. There was plenty of comments from Ton fans about it, many of them negative. You can follow them in the comment s to the below tweet.

Now stop talking shite. There's a good lad.

My mate is as daft o  Morton fan  as I am Saints we always  wind up each other. He borrowed my van got it back with a Morton top on the back seat a scarf laid along the dash board. I left it a few months then put a Saints car sticker on his lower back bumper he drove it for weeks. That's the way it should be. Anyway I'm going to join him on a home game hoping you can win and Baird gets man of the match. This will blow my mates mind . 

So, to be clear, we have Cameron Blues in addition to _nine_ other midfield players, but no recognised right-back?

Hope to f**k Hopkin still has that Caddis-shaped card up his sleeve... Duffy or Johansson would have been slaughtered for less.

Anybody else surprised how big a squad we’ve ended up with? For all Hopkin’s talk about versatility, we’re, eh, a right-back short of a 22-man squad...