The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I’d never heard of him before today but that’s one of the badly needed signings sorted and you’d expect him to be straight into the starting eleven tomorrow.

Fans of every club can reel off a list of ‘highly rated’ Old Firm youngsters they signed for their first shot at first team football who turned out to be guff, but on the other hand the last defender we had from Celtic was Stuart Findlay. If Welsh is anywhere near that quality we’re laughing.

14 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I’d never heard of him before today but that’s one of the badly needed signings sorted and you’d expect him to be straight into the starting eleven tomorrow.

Fans of every club can reel off a list of ‘highly rated’ Old Firm youngsters they signed for their first shot at first team football who turned out to be guff, but on the other hand the last defender we had from Celtic was Stuart Findlay. If Welsh is anywhere near that quality we’re laughing.

He's captain of that Celtic team and a Scotland U19 player so you'd expect the lad to be ok BUT I know it's a step up. I'm quite happy we've went for someone like him rather than some fat arsed haddie from Forfar or something.

He's captain of that Celtic team and a Scotland U19 player so you'd expect the lad to be ok BUT I know it's a step up. I'm quite happy we've went for someone like him rather than some fat arsed haddie from BRECHIN or something.

FTFY

6 minutes ago, Mayos Noun said:

Been told Jack Aitchison is linked with us by two different people. No idea on how reliable the info is but both seem to think the deal is happening. 

O'Ware as well. 

Not sure how that would go down with your supporters?

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

O'Ware as well. 

Not sure how that would go down with your supporters?

Is the O’Ware rumour an actual thing or just speculation on the Partick thread? We could do far worse. Also heard about Jack Aitchison which is wild as we do not need another forward player. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Is the O’Ware rumour an actual thing or just speculation on the Partick thread? We could do far worse. Also heard about Jack Aitchison which is wild as we do not need another forward player. 

I've no idea but it's doing the rounds at the minute along with Bannigan to us. 

20 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Been told Jack Aitchison is linked with us by two different people. No idea on how reliable the info is but both seem to think the deal is happening. 

He's off to Forest Green Rovers. Bizarre signing for us anyway when priority is defence