The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Falkirk thread, the match thread, and now the Morton thread all full of Morton fans posting about Falkirk eh....

Minter.

Live by the sword, get sworded by Clyde. Delicious seeing all the McKinnon out seethe . 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

3 threads is a minter tho m9. Bit of dignity eh. 

Plenty of big licks from Falkirk fans most of last season after your massive and hilarious coup, tapping up Raymond, and this is P&B. You should expect and fully endorse a reverse GIRUY when you lose to proper minnows post-relegation. With said Raymond. 

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Plenty of big licks from Falkirk fans most of last season after your massive and hilarious coup, tapping up Raymond, and this is P&B. You should expect and fully endorse a reverse GIRUY when you lose to proper minnows post-relegation. With said Raymond. 

Further chamces will come your way soon IMO as I sense McKinnon might be about to take a hounding

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

3 threads is a minter tho m9. Bit of dignity eh. 

Lectures on ‘dignity’ from the Fa’kirk lads... I thought this was the gift that had finally stopped giving, but f**k me, that is sweet music.

Can we draw a line under it at the point where you bag McKinnon?

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The Falkirk thread, the match thread, and now the Morton thread all full of Morton fans posting about Falkirk eh....

Minter.

It is called laughing at you keep up. 

Further chamces will come your way soon IMO as I sense McKinnon might be about to take a hounding

Falkirk fans are far too gormless to bring about a successful hounding. McKinnon literally got you relegated to the seaside leagues with an almost entirely brand new team assembled at great expense, having reached a position of safety with two winnable home games remaining and yet you still applauded his efforts like the braying seals that you are. Then you turned your pathetic attempt at ire on a board who you’ve also failed to remove.

Only a big team with exacting standards like The Famous do houndings.

van Shite punted already. It's almost as if one game of football is enough to figure out that someone is a total fucking haddy who should never darken the door of this once-proud football club again. As Sir David wisely counselled us all many years ago.

image.jpeg.c16d3a505c40c7d538163aaecc3801ea.jpeg

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

van Shite punted already. It's almost as if one game of football is enough to figure out that someone is a total fucking haddy who should never darken the door of this once-proud football club again. As Sir David wisely counselled us all many years ago.

On this one, I'm with you all the way.  Raises questions about who made the decision to sign him, and why.  Also how much pledge cash has been wasted as a result?  Cameron Blues next, please.

He was bang average with ourselves in the league below so I was fairly astounded you signed him.

Did Morton not pay a fee for him?

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He was bang average with ourselves in the league below so I was fairly astounded you signed him.

Did Morton not pay a fee for him?

Hopefully the 'undiscosed fee' amounted to us waiving the 20% sell-on clause that our last genius chief executive secured for Scott Tiffoney (current market value: £0). If we paid any real, actual money for that donkey then heads should roll. 

It’s August 29th and we have three defenders.

I appreciate that the budget meant we were always going to have a tight squad with some versatile players covering other areas: we were all expecting to see McAlister at centre back again for example, and Jacobs dropping into right back every so often to cover injuries would be fine. However at this point of the window it’s wild to have two centre backs - one injury prone, the other 34 - one left back with no one who can cover there, and no right backs with a central midfielder who should be starting there as our first choice.

I’m fine with waiting for quality rather than rushing in to sign the first diddy who comes along, but considering we signed a centre back who was so poor in two appearances he’s been mutual consented already you can’t really say that’s been our approach either; we’re now at the flipside where we’ve left it so late we’ll be scrambling for whatever we can get.

We need a right back at least in before tomorrow night, and another centre back by the end of the window. We could really do with three more, but knowing how unlikely that is then we’ll need one of those two to be capable of covering left back as well.

Edited by Dunning1874

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

It’s August 29th and we have three defenders.

I appreciate that the budget meant we were always going to have a tight squad with some versatile players covering other areas: we were all expecting to see McAlister at centre back again for example, and Jacobs dropping into right back every so often to cover injuries would be fine. However at this point of the window it’s wild to have two centre backs - one injury prone, the other 34 - one left back with no one who can cover there, and no right backs with a central midfielder who should be starting there as our first choice.

I’m fine with waiting for quality rather than rushing in to sign the first diddy who comes along, but considering we signed a centre back who was so poor in two appearances he’s been mutual consented already you can’t really say that’s been our approach either; we’re now at the flipside where we’ve left it so late we’ll be scrambling for whatever we can get.

We need a right back at least in before tomorrow night, and another centre back by the end of the window. We could really do with three more, but knowing how unlikely that is then we’ll need one of those two to be capable of covering left back as well.

I would find it very strange if he's allowed these players to leave without having replacements lined up.